(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 323 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by retired_user_101
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago

I friend of mine who's purchase date was 6/11/2011 just got his on Monday. I had never seen a WOZ in person and I was blown away with everything about the game. It sucks he had to wait so long, but dang that machine is impressive!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/33#post-1608747

#253 5 years ago

Yikes! This make my keyboard commando comment downright pedestrian.

#254 5 years ago

You can feel the love tonight.

I might just sing "kum ba ya"

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

As an ECLE pre-order buyer that is still waiting, I am a whole lot more concerned with the Aussie down under games and Standards being cranked out presently than a few Ruby reds that are being made for display/promotion purposes.
If they start delivering NIB Ruby Reds to general customers before I get my ECLE then I will be one of the biggest bandwagon JJP disgruntled trolls. Just stating a fact for future reference. I deserve better than that and would not go quietly in the night.
There are no more excuses acceptable regarding cabinets and parts. They have had plenty of time to get the clear coated direct print cabinets made at this point.

As the future owner of Ruby Red #1 (after "upgrading" my ECLE preorder from years back), I shall be more than happy to announce when it arrives, lest it come before the ECLE orders are fulfilled (and I agree: they should be fulfilled first though it prolongs my agony...).

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I like Woz, Woz owners ? Not so much !!

Personally, I take this as a compliment given the source!

#257 5 years ago

Just click your heels 3 times and say there's no face like chrome, there's no face like chrome, there's no face like chrome.

T 2.jpg

#258 5 years ago

I have the opportunity to get a NIB WOZ this weekend. I am on the fence with the trade but I could become a WOZ owner.

#259 5 years ago

No smiley face ? Why all the hate ?

#260 5 years ago

You stay classy there big guy!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You stay classy there big guy!

Nah dont play that "stay classy" game here. Cant handle all the personal jabs here. Smeone makes one, they grt called out. Just cut the crap (not you)

#262 5 years ago

Oh McCune don't do it you will melt before the witch!

#263 5 years ago

Back on topic...

I am still waiting. However, I was late to the party with a June 2012 order. A year later than most and I am quite content with being a year later getting one.

A few weeks ago I was told simply this summer but hopefully sooner.

Until then...

Joe

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh McCune don't do it you will melt before the witch!

The only thing holding me back is the future value of the game. It is a standard and probably has decals. I am offering two very nice A- W/B games .

My two W/B games will without a doubt rise or at bare minimum stay @ current value. I am not sure a Standard WOZ will !

I really want to get some time on WOZ in a home environment , so I can see first hand what all the fuss is all about .

#265 5 years ago

I don't think any new game at 8k will stay at its value when they will keep producing till the cows come home. Having said that who really cares, its a keeper compared to a lot of the machines I have so really it could be a non issue?

#266 5 years ago

Lately it seems that every higher valued game is destined to go down in price. I suggest everyone get and play what they want/like and the values will do what they are destined to do.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't think any new game at 8k will stay at its value when they will keep producing till the cows come home.

I am worried it will be sub 5K in twelve months . WOZ sounds like a game that will take twelve months to learn because it is sooo deep ! Woz would not be a keeper as the theme is none appealing to me.

Maybe if I pump it before I put it on the market it will retain a decent market value so I can get more games.

#268 5 years ago

hahaha good one your the master so i would think you have nothing to worry about. Besides the one main sound clip at the end of your ball, which does grind on you, the theme kind fades away with the depth and fun in this game. For you, I would think you have a while to go while the new "reds" are still selling (or not) at the 9k mark! As long as they are listed at this then It should not fall to what your suggesting until all is done. You never know Hobbit could go on for 2 years and will have people jumping ship for the WOZ!

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Woz would not be a keeper as the theme is none appealing to me.

Really? You don't like the theme?

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The only thing holding me back is the future value of the game. It is a standard and probably has decals. I am offering two very nice A- W/B games .
My two W/B games will without a doubt rise or at bare minimum stay @ current value. I am not sure a Standard WOZ will !
I really want to get some time on WOZ in a home environment , so I can see first hand what all the fuss is all about .

Sounds like you are more into speculation than pinball. How long do you plan on speculating? Ignore all of the comments, all of the hype, all of the history, all of the current prices, all of the "haters", all of the "fan boys" and compare game to game......hmmmm.

I choose WOZ, with decals, clear coat, bare wood on the cab, whatever. There is no place like home!....until another pin comes out to rival it.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

If you can get it for a great cash deal why not but I would not trade two classic W/B games for it… especially since its a Standard. Stay patient and the LE's will continue to pop at great deals.

Heck, I've owned 6 LE's so far but not for playing purposes. I've played it enough in the past and decided its definitely not a keeper but its a great 'flipper' pin and I don't mean those two little things at the bottom of the play field!

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you can get it for a great cash deal why not but I would not trade two classic W/B games for it… especially since its a Standard. Stay patient and the LE's will continue to pop at great deals.
Heck, I've owned 6 LE's so far but not for playing purposes. I've played it enough in the past and decided its definitely not a keeper but its a great 'flipper' pin and I don't mean those two little things at the bottom of the play field!

If WOZ is really a great flipper pin like your saying it is, maybe Jim can flip one too when he wants to or when he's done with it, even though Jim is more than just a flipper as we all know. I think it would be interesting to see him getting his hands on it and show us how an already attractive pin can be made even more appealing. I believe that Jim is one of the few guys who could do this, and in so doing, who knows, maybe generate some future business from it.

Meanwhile, just curiuous, have you played a 3.0 WOZ recently?

ps Is this a earlier silver WOZ with a direct print cleared cabinet Jim?

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I could become a WOZ owner.

Quoted from McCune:

I like Woz, Woz owners ? Not so much !!

Does this mean you may not like yourself so much?

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

If WOZ is really a great flipper pin like your saying it is, maybe Jim can flip one too when he wants to or when he's done with it,

Not sure the Standard would be the best option if you might be looking to flip it in the future. If you know its a keeper then who cares. Like I said I would hold out for an LE. Even though they are basically the same machine buyers still have it in their head that they must have the LE.

Quoted from pins4fun:

Meanwhile, just curiuous, have you played a 3.0 WOZ recently?

No, I have never played it with 3.0... just no desire to play WoZ anymore. I'm sure its better but WoZ is not for me... and I'm definitely not alone. Too many other great pins out there... moved on.

I am hoping JJP # 3 will be a theme that I like... maybe something unique. I hope they concentrate on a funner, faster pin with more shots and a little less eye candy. No doubt WoZ has the eye candy and the bling but definitely lacking in other important areas. I hope to own a JJP pin someday... definitely not WoZ and doubtful it will be Hobbit.

I'll definitely never pre buy one though. If they continue to make thousands there will never be a need to pre buy... play it after the release and then decide... buy an HUO or NIB. As we've learned with WoZ Its been an easy title to get NIB or HUO at the $7000-$7900 levels. No way it would be worth tying up money for three years (even one year) just to try to save a few hundred dollars.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Does this mean you may not like yourself so much?

No ,it means the obvious and I got a ban warning for that silly statement . Woz owners are so sensitive and make so much noise that anything that is not rainbows and unicorns warrants a ban vote .

Quoted from PEN:

Sounds like you are more into speculation than pinball

Really ? Looking out for my investment in pinball is a bad thing ?

Quoted from Mike_J:

Really? You don't like the theme?

Not that much.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

but is there such a thing as 'investment' in pinball ? certain pins hold their value more than others yeah... but.

#277 5 years ago

Teekee only like the flavor of the month

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

but is there such a thing as 'investment' in pinball

Yes!

#279 5 years ago

listen I don't know why people go off on others who DO care about holding their investment. I say a big duh here! Lots of us trade machines after playing them for a while and love to try new things. Who wants to buy a machine that is cut in half while other machines out there stay the same or go up? I just sold a TZ after 20 years, and picked up a very nice TOTAN. Im glad TZ held its value or increased and yes so did totan but damn if TZ didn't, I would have been stuck spending money to acquire my new old machine!

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

listen I don't know why people go off on others who DO care about holding their investment. I say a big duh here! Lots of us trade machines after playing them for a while and love to try new things. Who wants to buy a machine that is cut in half while other machines out there stay the same or go up? I just sold a TZ after 20 years, and picked up a very nice TOTAN. Im glad TZ held its value or increased and yes so did totan but damn if TZ didn't, I would have been stuck spending money to acquire my new old machine!

Exactly ! Anyone who says they don't care about value is not being truthful !

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is common sense, but man, it really is pretty amazing how many people here won't admit to this. It's odd.

#282 5 years ago

I think its unrealistic to expect new machines to be worth what you paid for them months, even a year, down the road. I'll admit that I didn't think this way when I bought my NIB ACDC or WOZ. With Stern and JJP making 500+ LE's for every model I don't think we will see Tron LE and ACDC LE prices (driven due to so few being produced) on newer machines until years down the road if ever. I enjoy my WOZECLE a lot but if it suddenly dropped big in price one day yeah that kinda sucks but I bought it to play it and enjoy the game in my home.

Does WOZLE have the potential to be worth what I paid for it ($7,700) 1 year from now? If I'm lucky maybe. What about 5-10 years from now? Yes. I know some people don't like the theme but like my TZ I think Wizard of Oz is a timeless theme that is well received by men, woman, children, seniors, etc and that alone will help with the machines value down the road. Keith and Ted completing the code and offering a deep ruleset will also help with the games value.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No. Reread my comment.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Exactly ! Anyone who says they don't care about value is not being truthful !

If we are thinking "investment" here Jimmy, sell STLE, buy Apple and then in 9 months you'll be able to buy a handful of extra pins with your Apple "investment"!

Everybody hopes their pinball machines hold their value, there is a difference between flippers speculating and expecting pins to increase in value versus collectors buying to play and then hoping to trade/sell for max value down the road.

If they all go up in value then you as a buyer will get no deals down the road, cuts both ways I guess we want all of our pins we own to go up until we sell them while the pins we want to buy to go down in value while we are waiting

#285 5 years ago

Hard to believe that JJP will be able to keep every pin he makes in production. Is this even possible? Overhead will crush him. If this could be done don't you think Stern (the only company that survived) would be doing it?

#286 5 years ago

I love when guys that have been in the hobby 2 years max, and are themselves responsible for the bubble, comment on the long term value prospects of pinball machines based on their lengthy experience. How few in here were there when we were buying $1800 TAFs and TZs all day?

And if Jim got a ban vote for suggesting he doesn't like WOZ owners, and Taylor did not for simply reversing two letters in an F Bomb directly at Jim in response, that is horsepoo.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If we are thinking "investment" here Jimmy, sell STLE, buy Apple and then in 9 months you'll be able to buy a handful of extra pins with your Apple "investment"!
Everybody hopes their pinball machines hold their value, there is a difference between flippers speculating and expecting pins to increase in value versus collectors buying to play and then hoping to trade/sell for max value down the road.
If they all go up in value then you as a buyer will get no deals down the road, cuts both ways I guess we want all of our pins we own to go up until we sell them while the pins we want to buy to go down in value while we are waiting

Ice it does work both ways for sure but for some, like me, I don't care about "profit", not that its a dirty word, I just don't want to keep forking over the money to trade for something else in the future, thus I do look at machines that I know will at least hold value....much like McCune's statement. Flippers.....there always will be flippers in any commodity business so all I can say to them is good luck and may the force be with you! Theres nothing to bitch about here. Hoarders that never play and just decorate could easily be bitched about as well! What ever floats your boat. The one thing I do know is no one ever wants to loose their money flipping out to get other tittles that at the time are on par with each other. Thats just plain common sense ramble ramble

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

And if Jim got a ban vote for suggesting he doesn't like WOZ owners, and Taylor did not for simply reversing two letters in an F Bomb directly at Jim in response, that is horsepoo.

McCune prolly pissed off a WOZ owning mod whereas Taylor did not.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Hard to believe that JJP will be able to keep every pin he makes in production. Is this even possible? Overhead will crush him. If this could be done don't you think Stern (the only company that survived) would be doing it?

I've wondered the same thing.....I really don't see the value on this pin going down ( in line with any other pin) especially after everything settles, and they ( potentially) don't get produced anymore. With the new code, the game is simply a great machine to play, and suspect in the end, that's what ultimately determines value ( price) and staying power.

#290 5 years ago

No need to go down the road of mod griping. We all get those votes

I could care less about profit either WC, in fact, I like the idea of passing value along to another Pinsider when I'm done with a game. Never thought I'd say id be done but just out of sheer numbers and wanting to try more I'll have to make some tough choices

My Huo Lotr LE might go on the block later and I'll sell it for a price that will pass it on in 15 minutes. I've gotten a lot of thrills out of that one and don't see owning it and Hobbit

#291 5 years ago

you'd all be a lot happier if you bought Tron pins instead.
a drama-free awesome design & theme with great mod opportunities.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No need to go down the road of mod griping. We all get those votes
I could care less about profit either WC, in fact, I like the idea of passing value along to another Pinsider when I'm done with a game. Never thought I'd say id be done but just out of sheer numbers and wanting to try more I'll have to make some tough choices
My Huo Lotr LE might go on the block later and I'll sell it for a price that will pass it on in 15 minutes. I've gotten a lot of thrills out of that one and don't see owning it and Hobbit

Hit me up first when you are ready to do that. I might be ready for another LOTR at some point.

#293 5 years ago

No Ice, hit me up when you want to sell those games cheaply. I'm only a few more miles up the road on I-35 and I promise I won't slam any of the games you own.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.I really don't see the value on this pin going down ( in line with any other pin) especially after everything settles, and they ( potentially) don't get produced anymore.

Mirco said that WOZ playfields were on "permanent" production.

So they are probably not going to stop making them anytime soon.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

McCune prolly pissed off a WOZ owning mod whereas Taylor did not.

Do any of the mods actually own a WOZ other than Robin? And by "own" I mean bought and actually have in their possession. Because to my knowledge, they don't. There sure as heck isn't one in my house, and never will be.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Just curious as I am starting to feel completely screwed. I bought 4 machines through a distributor and JJP has been giving us the run around. First, it was Dec. Then Jan., then March. Well, still no games. I was one of the first to have my games paid for and still nothing but news about making the Hobbit pin. WTF is going on? Somehow, my friends that didn't prepay had no problem getting WOZ LE last year. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Sounds like a company that is hurting for $$$ to me.

Back on topic, people. Poor Chad just wants to know why he doesn't have his game yet. As most WOZ owners will tell you, call Jack. He's more than happy to explain things and the way it's sounded over the last few months, it's a vendor supply issue. Cabinet guy can't keep up, playfield guy can't keep up, light board guy can't keep up....

Jack has all kinds of money from the investment group but it seems he can't pay the vendors enough money to get him his parts.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Mirco said that WOZ playfields were on "permanent" production.
So they are probably not going to stop making them anytime soon.

Agree on the "anytime soon" part.....I just suspect there will be a time...what is the actual build life of a Pin? I'm asking because I literally have no clue.....based upon demand, I suppose.....

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

what is the actual build life of a Pin? I'm asking because I literally have no clue.....based upon demand, I suppose.....

Demand falls off sooner or later; or sometimes the license runs out.

Other times games are in demand again and are reissued. Fireball 1971 and again in 1985, Super Orbit, LOTR, TAF, EB, MM, Tron ...

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Demand falls off sooner or later; or sometimes the license runs out.
Other times games are in demand again and are reissued. Fireball 1971 and again in 1985, Super Orbit, LOTR, TAF, EB, MM, Tron ...

I think that would be a fascinating topic ( with its own thread obviously)....I apologize for getting off topic.....OP...hope you get your machine soon, surely not much longer.....mark

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am offering two very nice A- W/B games .

Not your Getaway and No Fear!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.95
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside