(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 10 years ago

Just curious as I am starting to feel completely screwed. I bought 4 machines through a distributor and JJP has been giving us the run around. First, it was Dec. Then Jan., then March. Well, still no games. I was one of the first to have my games paid for and still nothing but news about making the Hobbit pin. WTF is going on? Somehow, my friends that didn't prepay had no problem getting WOZ LE last year. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Sounds like a company that is hurting for $$$ to me.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Just curious as I am starting to feel completely screwed. I bought 4 machines through a distributor and JJP has been giving us the run around. First, it was Dec. Then Jan., then March. Well, still no games. I was one of the first to have my games paid for and still nothing but news about making the Hobbit pin. WTF is going on? Somehow, my friends that didn't prepay had no problem getting WOZ LE last year. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Sounds like a company that is hurting for $$$ to me.

What was your order date? The date you paid has nothing to do with the delivery schedule which instead is supposedly determined by the order date.

#3 10 years ago

call jjp and open a ticket.

#4 10 years ago

We're gonna need a bigger lock.

jaws.jpgjaws.jpg

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

You fully paid your distributor on some given date, but when did your distributor pay JJP?

I'm not really looking for an answer, just thinking out loud.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah, sure sounds like your distributor screwed you. He most likely switched your order with some standards so he could sell those while the iron was hot. That pushed you back to where those standards would have been built. My advice is to let us know who your distributor is. Call him out for it because he hosed you. If you were one of the firsts you should have had your machine a while ago.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Just curious as I am starting to feel completely screwed.

Another one headed for NJ.

shitstorm-470.jpgshitstorm-470.jpg

#8 10 years ago

"Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?"

The Aussies.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-waiting-on-woz-club-members-only/page/5

#10 10 years ago

I paid for mine years ago and is supposed to be shipped last week so expecting it any day now

#11 10 years ago

Still waiting for my BBH LE Red Neck edition... Any day now.

#12 10 years ago

Good Luck Chad

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

"Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?"
The Aussies.

Thanks for remembering us. Ordered my Hobbit LE direct this time.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for remembering us. Ordered my Hobbit LE direct this time.

My heart goes out to you guys.

#15 10 years ago

Mine ships today. I have been waiting about 2 1/2 years. June 2011 order date from a distributor. I believe my distributor ordered 50 and they still have not got them all. I would estimate they still need 4-6 to come in. My distributor did have standards in at one point during the part shortage, but I believe the cabinets were the problem there. Can't wait, from what I saw at the Ohio Pinball Show, it will have been worth the wait to get a game that should have less issues than the earlier builds. They are getting them out as fast they can, I am sure Jack wants to be done with the LE's too in order to officially move on with standards, Ruby LE and the Hobbit. Hang on if you can it will eventually come!

#16 10 years ago

Can't believe they left CHAD HANGING like this....

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I see what you did there….

#18 10 years ago

Chad-

I have been on the phone with the distributer and jjp. We are essentially double f'ed. Distributor put us at the very end of his 45 and jjp put the distributors last le's at he end of jjp's run. I think distributor may of even put some standards ahead if the last le's.

Essentially we are screwed. I may get my hobbit before woz. Lol

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

A hanging chad the gop did it

#20 10 years ago

Are you shit'n me?!? I got mine 9 months ago & figured all the LE's had shipped a long time ago!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Chad-

I have been on the phone with the distributer and jjp. We are essentially double f'ed. Distributor put us at the very end of his 45 and jjp put the distributors last le's at he end of jjp's run. I think distributor may of even put some standards ahead if the last le's.

Essentially we are screwed. I may get my hobbit before woz. Lol

Nothing Fd up going on here..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

ust curious as I am starting to feel completely screwed. I bought 4 machines through a distributor and JJP has been giving us the run around. First, it was Dec. Then Jan., then March. Well, still no games. I was one of the first to have my games paid for and still nothing but news about making the Hobbit pin. WTF is going on? Somehow, my friends that didn't prepay had no problem getting WOZ LE last year. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Sounds like a company that is hurting for $$$ to me.

I, for one, am totally shocked by this recent turn of events.

SHOCKED I tell you!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

SHOCKED I tell you!

Lol!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Are you shit'n me?!? I got mine 9 months ago & figured all the LE's had shipped a long time ago!

From the Hobbit thread.

Yesterday at TPF Jack said he has about 200 WOZ ECLEs left to ship. He refused to pass the buck on blaming specific vendors or suppliers and said the buck stops with him. I respect that.

He also said he had played The Hobbit whitewood in Chicago just before coming to the TPF and that he was very pleased with the progress, that it was a lot of fun and that it was a game full of strategic shots. He said it is very different from WOZ. Now that WOZ 3.0 is out, the programming team will have even more time for The Hobbit. I enjoyed seeing the teaser he showed, especially Gandalf's extra ball clip.

I don't think that we can expect a steady flow of press releases on TH; rather I think Jack and the studio will play this one closer to the vest. WOZ 3.0 shows Jack can build a great game. I believe he will build an even better one this time.

Jack reported that Lawlor's game is progressing at a great pace and that he was happily surprised at how far along it is already. He also said that Lawlor was as happy as he has ever seen him, clearly enjoying the design freedom Jack is giving him. Jack seemed unsure of whether or not it was a widebody. That was a bit confusing.

Butch did a real nice presentation on some of the technical aspects of using the menu and adjusting switches.
He said the manual is now over 320 pages. Jack quipped that we had a page for every pound the machine weighs.

There were no real bombshells, but it was great to have Jack there in person with Butch. I wish he had more than an hour to speak!

#25 10 years ago

Jack also said on Gameroom Junkies that he doesn't have a WOZ in his gameroom, as he is waiting until all his customers get one first as it wouldn't be "fair". I first thought it was funny, then realized how pissed off I would be if I was in the OP(and sadly many others') position. At this point, JJP has zero goodwill/good faith from me, and there is no way I would pre pay for any game(especially from them). I think they helped bring pinball back in lots of ways, but they really have shafted some of the people who helped get them off the ground in the first place IMO. Good luck to the OP and the others waiting on your game!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Like others have said, sounds like the dist screwed you. when you paid them is not relevant, its when they ordered and paid JJP unfortunately, I would ask them for the invoice# and when they paid JJP for it, then call up JJP and confirm with them to see if you are getting the run around from the dist. I have my woz but only because I got it from a dist that must have put their order in with JJP early.

#27 10 years ago

It is so annoying when people post threads like this but hold out on giving any of the real details.

It is about as annoying as the people that post threads griping about how a few things in their new games are not working correctly but they don't really give enough info so that we can help them troubleshoot and they also are resistant to getting into the game and attempting to fix things.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

SHOCKED I tell you!

i think I found the REAL problem.... from the maestro on the one regret....

Quoted from JerseyJack:

If I look back I would say that I was "too honest"

Aha!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

i think I found the REAL problem.... from the maestro on the one regret....

Aha!

To be thorough and fair, I recommend posting the link to that quote as well.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He did, click the name, links to the full quote.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Lol

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment- but you can Just click the author name- it'll take you right there....

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He did, click the name, links to the full quote.

Quoted from lowepg:

Lol
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment- but you can Just click the author name- it'll take you right there....

thanks, I did not know that the name would link to the post if it is clicked.

#33 10 years ago

I think the moral of the story is that the pre-pay or pre-deposit and get updates for the year or more of development is a bad business model, as shown by the many irritated customers there have been of JPop, Skit-B and JJP.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the moral of the story is that the pre-pay or pre-deposit and get updates for the year or more of development is a bad business model, as shown by the many irritated customers there have been of JPop, Skit-B and JJP.

Apples and Oranges.
There is a huge difference between a refundable $250 deposit (Skit-B) and a machine paid in full months if not years before delivery!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Apples and Oranges.
There is a huge difference between a refundable $250 deposit (Skit-B) and a machine paid in full months if not years before delivery!

They have all been refundable, except if you count the struggles JPop has had in sending checks back to people.
Also, several people have much more money into Predator than $250.
All three have had their share of stress and anxiety from customers directing it back at the manufacturers in the form of anguish and bickering.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Yesterday at TPF Jack said he has about 200 WOZ ECLEs left to ship

Mine must be in the last 200. from jjp not dist.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Like others have said, sounds like the dist screwed you. when you paid them is not relevant, its when they ordered and paid JJP unfortunately, I would ask them for the invoice# and when they paid JJP for it, then call up JJP and confirm with them to see if you are getting the run around from the dist. I have my woz but only because I got it from a dist that must have put their order in with JJP early.

I know for a fact the distributor paid for these two years ago. This is not a distributor issue.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is so annoying when people post threads like this but hold out on giving any of the real details.
It is about as annoying as the people that post threads griping about how a few things in their new games are not working correctly but they don't really give enough info so that we can help them troubleshoot and they also are resistant to getting into the game and attempting to fix things.

How much more detail do you want? I paid the distributor over two years ago. The distributor paid JJP two years ago. I still don't have my games. No need for a book.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

How much more detail do you want? I paid the distributor over two years ago. The distributor paid JJP two years ago. I still don't have my games. No need for a book.

I paid for mine in full about two years ago, and ordered mine over two years ago. It is still not at the top of the list because several people ordered 6 to 8 months before me.

Without more specifics, we have to assume your distributor ordered in a similar timeframe.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, several people have much more money into Predator than $250.

By choice completely voluntary which is a huge difference from a maker asking for thousands years before the pin is made. I get your point but IMO Skit-B crew should of been left out of your example for this reason.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

By choice completely voluntary which is a huge difference from a maker asking for thousands years before the pin is made. I get your point but IMO Skit-B crew should of been left out of your example for this reason.

Yes, but it is the emotional investment that keeps many people in and that is why all the projects have resulted in anxiety when the process has dragged out, and they all have the problem of showing the development along the way which has proven to be a hassle for the designers as well as frustrating and worrisome for the pre-order customers. It is so much simpler for both sides if the product is only shown when it is finished and then payments are made for those that wish to buy.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, but it is the emotional investment that keeps many people in and that is why they all have resulted in anxiety when the process has dragged out, and they all have the problem of showing the development along the way which has proven to be a hassle for the designers as well as frustrating and worrisome for the pre-order customers. It is so much simpler for both sides if the product is shown when it is finished.

Well I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd appreciate if all makers kept it to more of an emotional investment instead of a monetary one. I think any project requiring deposit or not has resulted in some having anxiety because lets face it many of us drama queens. I don't think a project requiring a $250 deposit to hold a spot is anything close to as bad as asking for thousands for years and years. I would be perfectly happy if all pre-orders were a refundable $250 I'd have no issues with that whatsoever.

Now that people have discovered they can charge pinheads thousands years before a pin comes out I don't think it will stop. Thus pre-orders being taken for Hobbit. I agree with your destain for the principles of it though. So far I absolutely refuse to put that type of investment into a pin which is so far from being delivered to my door.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

So from the information given I will extrapolate an order date of March 2012. They have not gotten there yet. If you would like to give more clarity on the order date, please do. We can then determine if there is anything out of the ordinary here or not.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We can then determine if there is anything out of the ordinary here or not.

Waiting years to obtain anything ordered is not ordinary.

2 weeks later
#45 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Waiting years to obtain anything ordered is not ordinary.

That really depends on what is ordered and the circumstances, doesn't it? (yes, it does) In the case of a new pinball machine from a startup company, yes, it does seem to be pretty ordinary.

#46 10 years ago

Chad! If I get mine before you, I'll buy you a beer But looks like we are all back of the bus.

#47 10 years ago

At least you got a spot on the bus, we got kicked off before the stop

Woz-bumper bus.jpgWoz-bumper bus.jpg

#48 10 years ago

It would be very interesting if we could put together a database of Order Date vs Received Date, see exactly what the average amount of time between the two has been. There would definitely be anomalies because of direct sales vs distributor sales, but I think the delivery times would fall in a fairly narrow range, the average being about 2 1/2 years.

I was a Mar 2011 order, received my game on Nov 6 2013, 2 years, 7 months, 22 days.

For all those still waiting, I'm sure it's very tough, but hang in there, I'm 100% confident that JJP will ship all the remaining LE's and start shipping Hobbit's before the end of the year.

#49 10 years ago

It's amazing that some have got theirs yet and to have 4 outstanding would be really worrying. I would want to drive over and see what is happening or get money back.

#50 10 years ago

What is amazing is that the smaller companies like skit b and spooky don't ask for all the money up front and let you see the game first

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-not-received-their-woz-le-that-prepaid-years-ago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.