WOZArtFlakedOff2.png
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
WOZ_Wear.jpg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago

Wax the game so the Mylar can be removed and stick down some Mylar around the pops and any other trouble spots.

Don't let the **possibility** of something going wrong ruin you fun of owning a game.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wax the game so the Mylar can be removed and stick down some Mylar around the pops and any other trouble spots.
Don't let the **possibility** of something going wrong ruin you fun of owning a game.

I think I will do this and after seeing my bud Chris' 75th damage to the Munchkin playfield, I think a order from Cliffy would be a good idea also. Too bad I have to do this though on a new game.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Too bad I have to do this though on a new game.

A steel ball smashing around on a painted sheet of wood, wear is going to happen - I guarantee it.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I think I will do this and after seeing my bud Chris' 75th damage to the Munchkin playfield, I think a order from Cliffy would be a good idea also.

Ironic because claims were made by JJP early on that no Cliffys would be needed for this game.

Quoted from Spencer:

Too bad I have to do this though on a new game.

Just to put things in perspective it's too bad Cliffys were not available for MB and AFM and installed from day one. Two of the greatest games ever and they both had drop holes that would get completely blown out in well less than 1000 games for lack of a ten dollar piece of metal to line the hole.

#155 9 years ago

This is still VERY isolated, right?

It seems par for the course with a new manufacturer to have some QC/design issues. Until JJP shows themselves to be unwilling to address the issue (and based on their willingness to work through the light board issues- I wouldn't expect that)- it seems like a manageable problem.

If its 10-15 games out of 1500- not a huge deal.... if it turns into 150- well, that's different.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This is still VERY isolated, right?
It seems par for the course with a new manufacturer to have some QC/design issues. Until JJP shows themselves to be unwilling to address the issue (and based on their willingness to work through the light board issues- I wouldn't expect that)- it seems like a manageable problem.
If its 10-15 games out of 1500- not a huge deal.... if it turns into 150- well, that's different.

So far I have heard of four with some kind of issue. They seem to be early runs if I am reading this thread correctly.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

It's so obvious when looking at the photo, but I never noticed it when looking at the game for the past 14 months. It must have been overlooked during assembly. I don't think I have any black ones on hand, so it will have to be white for now...

Your earlier post stated D.O.M @ 9/23/14, you must be mistaken if you have had it for 14 months...or am I missing something!

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ironic because claims were made by JJP early on that no Cliffys would be needed for this game.

Just to put things in perspective it's too bad Cliffys were not available for MB and AFM and installed from day one. Two of the greatest games ever and they both had drop holes that would get completely blown out in well less than 1000 games for lack of a ten dollar piece of metal to line the hole.

I've had my WOZ for 8 months and it shows zero damage or wear and I have not installed any of the cliffy's. Any large run of games willhave a few that pop up with some issues. It will be interesting to see how the platform as well as the playfield hold up 10years from now.

#159 9 years ago

Has anyone called and asked them what they plan on doing about the issue?

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone called and asked them what they plan on doing about the issue?

i think they plan on selling playfield protectors.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Your earlier post stated D.O.M @ 9/23/14, you must be mistaken

You are correct. I meant to type 9/23/13.

#162 9 years ago

mine 11/1/2013 zero damage or wear. About 700 games.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Irresponsible, that Cliffys are not standard on all games produced today.

#164 9 years ago

If I'm beating a dead horse, I'm sorry, not my intention:

But are these early PF's and an issue that was resolved with newer ones, or is this cropping up on the PF's used now as well? Is this at all a concern for TH PF's?

I just don't see the answer, only people stating "If I understand this right..." I'm sure others are interested too in the conclusive answer.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If I'm beating a dead horse, I'm sorry, not my intention:
But are these early PF's and an issue that was resolved with newer ones, or is this cropping up on the PF's used now as well? Is this at all a concern for TH PF's?
I just don't see the answer, only people stating "If I understand this right..." I'm sure others are interested too in the conclusive answer.

It seems like info is still being gathered to figure out which playfields are having issues. I think more people need to post d.o.m and type of playfields(thickness/layers) are effected before this is determined.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He probably looked at the 25 hours of work ahead of him and crapped his pants.
I'd send the playfields back to Jack and let him swap the parts.

I asked for a new PF and I got one. I never thought about asking for a populated one. My thought was to play ths shit out of the game and when I got a bug up my ass to swap it out I would. A PF swapout is no big deal, I have done 5 or 6. I never really thought about asking for a populated Pf. I wish I had of but I didn't. I really think it is a bit much.

Merry Christmas

#167 9 years ago

Normally Id agree that a swap wasn't a big deal but WOZ is a mess with all the connectors and individual boards. Hell, just removing the castle mini is a pita.

#168 9 years ago

deleted (already posted)

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I originally had a chip pop off the throne room area about the size of a pinky nail. Just now I was playing the game and a chip bigger than a nickel popped off the insert in front of the drop target. I don't have 100 plays on this game and all my settings are factory. Now, in Jacks defense, he did give me a PF when I asked to buy one from him but this is a problem. I do understand that it is a pinball machine with a steel ball bouncing around but this shouldn't be happening and surely not this early. I know you guys will not see this as I do, you never do, but this makes me glad I got out of the Hobbit. I hope he addresses this problem before PL's game because I really want to buy it but not if this problem continues. Has this happened to anyone else or am I the lucky one and can I have this other PF cleared again to help prevent this from happening with it.

I have had zero chipping. 75RR mfg 10/7/2014, 250 games. I see mylar on my PF where the pics of damaged fields do not. About 1in square mylar under every ball drop - both inlanes, where VUK ramp dumps onto witch PF, Munchkinland hole onto main PF.

#170 9 years ago

Do I put Mylar in front of the Winkie target all the way down to the bottom of the insert or just between the top of the insert that is showing and the Winkie target? Basically don't know if I should cover the insert or not.

#171 9 years ago

For an added cost, JJP is offering a protective coating on TH. I'm thinking it might be a good upgrade to opt for in order to preclude this from happening again.

#172 9 years ago

We have had a WOZ on route in a busy location for a year and a half. Built May of 2013. Grossing 100.00-160.00 a week.
Just took a close look, and happy to report no playfileld weasr, even under commercial use. With all the play it's had, I would actually expect a little wear by now.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

For an added cost, JJP is offering a protective coating on TH. I'm thinking it might be a good upgrade to opt for in order to preclude this from happening again.

The thing is... Woz was promoted as having this kind of upgraded of vs the industry standard to start with...

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BEFORE you send the blank one back, ask Jack if he is going to take care of you on your problem.
If he says yes, let him send you the populated playfield and then return him your bad playfield & the blank playfield in the same box.
If he says no, get your blank playfield clearcoated by a pro, then do your playfield swap - the game will look and play like a million bucks!

the problem I see with having a restorer clear it. IS that the ink and/or clear isn't grabbing to one of the previous layers. So someone adding more clear to an area where layer 3 was cleared on top of a non scuffed layer, wouldn't do much and layer 2-3 would still crack and release, regardless if more is on top.

#175 9 years ago

It's worth a shot.

I've saved EMs where the paint was no longer holding on to the playfield.

If it keeps the game working until CPR does a re-run, then that's better than worrying about every plunge....

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem I see with having a restorer clear it. IS that the ink and/or clear isn't grabbing to one of the previous layers. So someone adding more clear to an area where layer 3 was cleared on top of a non scuffed layer, wouldn't do much and layer 2-3 would still crack and release, regardless if more is on top.

I agree. It's not a wear issue, it's an adhesion issue. The issue lies in the prep work I'm guessing.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's worth a shot.

I agree with this as well.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Seems to me that they are later PFs from a brief period. My game was one of the first shipped, made in 5/2013. I had it on location and after around 4000-4500 plays I didn't have any playfield issues. There was a little chipping of the clear around the edges of the Throne Room hole, but nothing that affected the artwork and nothing you wouldn't expect on a game after 4k plays.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's worth a shot.
I've saved EMs where the paint was no longer holding on to the playfield.
If it keeps the game working until CPR does a re-run, then that's better than worrying about every plunge....

Also reminds me of gottlieb system 3's. That silver primer they used was ass. the ink and lacquer coat doesn't stick for shit. But clearing holds up great. Even when I did my stargate, after 7 years, nothing was letting go.

#179 9 years ago

To everyone that posted pictures, what # is your WOZ so we can narrow down which ones might have the defective playfields?, and that way see which ones we need to be most concerned about.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

To everyone that posted pictures, what # is your WOZ so we can narrow down which ones might have the defective playfields?, and that way see which ones we need to be most concerned about.

It will be the production date, not the number that will tell that story. Good idea though.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It will be the production date, not the number that will tell that story. Good idea though.

Exactly.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I asked for a new PF and I got one. I never thought about asking for a populated one. My thought was to play ths shit out of the game and when I got a bug up my ass to swap it out I would. A PF swapout is no big deal, I have done 5 or 6. I never really thought about asking for a populated Pf. I wish I had of but I didn't. I really think it is a bit much.
Merry Christmas

I don't think it's too late to ask. What's the harm in trying? Worse thing that would happen is he would tell you No and you're no worse off than having not asked but there's a chance he could say yes especially if you are somewhat cordial about it and plead your case with facts and not emotion (as a lot of people tend to do).

I would certainly ask, nothing to lose from asking from what I can tell.

Good luck either way!

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My game has a production date of 10/24/2013 and after 400 or so plays the playfield does not have any clear coat chipping or artwork lifting that I am able to observe.

Gord

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

My game has a production date of 10/24/2013 and after 400 or so plays the playfield does not have any clear coat chipping or artwork lifting that I am able to observe.
Gord

I really think we need to post D.O.M of the machines that are affected, it will be easier to narrow down the problemed playfields.

#185 9 years ago

What's really surprising is not the problem but the lack others having the same problem. I'm beginning to think it's not a production date problem but more a matter of someone grabbing a playfield by the VUK hole with greasy finger lickin' good anti-adhesion fingers. Terrible for the person it happens to but it didn't seem to happen all that much. 8/20/14 production date - no problems

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What's really surprising is not the problem but the lack others having the same problem. I'm beginning to think it's not a production date problem but more a matter of someone grabbing a playfield by the VUK hole with greasy finger lickin' good anti-adhesion fingers. Terrible for the person it happens to but it didn't seem to happen all that much. 8/20/14 production date - no problems

I guess people who get their playfield after workers have chowed down on a bucket of extra tasty crispy get the short end of the stick...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-had-problems-with-the-pain-chipping-off-their-woz-pf/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.