(Topic ID: 8511)

Has anyone else achieved their ultimate collection?

By matt_adams

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by bugray
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

This is my 1st post so bear with me!!!

I have been into pinball for 12 years or so and in that time I have got through around 290 machines. Many are ones I have sold, regretted it and brought another (my record is 9 Whodunnit’s!!) or getting hold of a better example of a machine. I have also had a lot of big titles like CC and MB that I just didn’t gel with and got rid of.

Anyway, on to the point of my rambling post. With my latest acquisition (a Johnny Mnemonic) I have finally got a collection that I am happy with and don’t want to sell a single one. I am limited (by space, well until I get one of the kids to leave home!) to 16 machines but just wondered if anyone else out there had their ultimate collection and what it included? I don’t mean wish list but games in your house you could walk to right now, switch on and play.

My collection is The Addams Family, Whodunnit, Revenge From Mars, Johnny Mnemonic, Star Trek tng, Congo, Flintstones, Stargate, Star Wars (Data East), Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness, Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone, Shadow, Spider Man and Apollo 13. Oh, I also have a Class of 1812 which needs to go so I can fit my motorbike back home!

#2 12 years ago

Is that even possible?! haha. I'd want my top pins, then I'd probably find more that I liked and just keep collecting them all like pokemon.

#3 12 years ago

I only have one pin that will be in my ULTIMATE collection. I still got a long way to go.

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by kwiKimart : grammar</sub>

#4 12 years ago

I don't know if I'll ever be fully satisfied with my collection. I have room for about 11 games. I'm still in the building stage (I currently own 7), but once I'm out of space, I envision six or seven being keepers and then rotating the rest. Of course, I haven't been in this hobby nearly as long as you. It's quite possible that ten years from now I will have a completely different outlook.

#5 12 years ago

Sorry I posted this on the wrong topic, its on the All Pinball now, newbe mistake!!!

#6 12 years ago

No..

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

Sorry I posted this on the wrong topic, its on the All Pinball now, newbe mistake!!!

No worries. I just moved it.

#8 12 years ago

Tatman has my dream collection!

#9 12 years ago

impossible for a man of my means

#10 12 years ago

Yes I would say your collection is almost perfect...

#11 12 years ago

I could own an Apollo 13 still.....

#12 12 years ago

I was good once I landed a TAF, everything else has been gravy. I'm about a SC, BSD and RBION away now.

You have gone through quite a few machines. Glad to see you are still really interested. I fear of losing the urge eventually, as it seems a lot do. I hope that never happens.

#13 12 years ago

I only have two pins and I really have few that I want to complete my dream collection.

what I want to have in future are: LOTR, MM, TZ, TOTAN, TSPP. I'm sure after having all the machines I mentioned, another list will come up lol

#14 12 years ago

Not by a long shot.

So many great pins, so little time, money, and space!

#15 12 years ago

I would never be able to afford my ultimate collection....

#16 12 years ago

post pics of your gameroom/s please, killer collectioN!

#17 12 years ago

I do not even know what I want yet.

#18 12 years ago

I don't think it would be possible for me. If I ever reached my theoretical ultimate collection, there would always be that next pin that would make it even better...

#19 12 years ago

Assuming my space limit of 6 pins, Not yet. But I am getting close. I really want a MB.

#20 12 years ago

I think a mb or cftbl would really be a step toward making sc's collection ultimate.

My ultimate would be good games from major eras and playing styles. I'm a long ways off but thinking about pin diversity w/ more money not just buying oodles of dmds.

#21 12 years ago

Unfortunately space and $$$ will always hinder this dream.
    Since I don't have a basement to claim as my own, I have to make due with the space I have now.
    Now, if there was some kind of *cough* "Natural Disaster" *cough* that befell the back of the house. I would be forced to expand the patio into a 16' X 28' climate controlled oasis of pinball goodness...
    I sure hope nature is on it's best behavior in 2012...

#22 12 years ago

I have room for 7 but have no idea what my ultimate collection would be as I find I need to own them, go through the honeymoon period and then I can reflect on whether a pin may be a keeper.

Sometimes it is necessary to let go of a pin and see if there is a pull to buy it again.

A few weeks ago I was thinking of trading TOM and then I played it again and the flow and beauty had me hooked again. I like the idea of variety and different games to suit different moods.

Ask me the same question in another 3 years time!!

#23 12 years ago

No. Like others - I need more space. I've only got room for 4 pins inside. I could squeeze a few in the garage, but Houston heat would kill them.

#24 12 years ago

Not yet. I'm very happy with what I have and a WOZ on the way. My ultimate collection is convincing my wife to convert the whole basement not just part of it so I can squeeze in a few more. Then that BBB, MM and Funhouse I dream of can someday slide ride in.

#25 12 years ago

Like mentioned, Space is an issue for me. In addition, money as well. Nice collection you have by the way! To be quite honest I was quite jealous just reading about all the titles you have. Johnny, Apollo, Adams, TZ, MM & of course C.V. are titles I can only dream about having! Congratz to you and the nice titles you worked hard at accumulating over time!

PBD

#26 12 years ago

I now have room for my ultimate collection, but I am only 1/3 the way there.

I have:
    Twilight Zone
    Addams Family
    The Family Guy
    Transformers LE Decepticon
    Theatre of Magic

Ordered:
    WOZ

Need:
    LOTR
    White Water
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Williams Indiana Jones
    Attack From Mars or Spiderman
    Star Trek TNG
    Cactus Canyon

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

Attack from Mars or spiderman

Go with AFM on this one.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

I have been into pinball for 12 years or so and in that time I have got through around 290 machines.

Wow! Matt, by my math you have been averaging 24 machines a year for 12 years. You must be in great physical shape. My back would be shot from moving all those machines in and out of the house. This could be called " The pinball weight management" program

#29 12 years ago

Hiya Matt, I'm just about there although things are always evolving but as things stand I'm liking what I have and am not looking to "replace" anything. That's a first for me since 1998.

Of course in an ideal word I would have loads more games but in the real world I tend to play the same 2 or 3 games at one time (not at once obviously). I have 5 games and a space for another and am not sure what to fill it with. Hmm an 1812 maybe?

#30 12 years ago

Thanks for all the responses guy’s. You are right about one thing, my back is shot!! I think I kind of assumed that most people in the US would have large collections as you get the impression that a lot of people have large basements over there, I think it must be watching to many things like special when lit!

The 1st 3 or 4 years I was into pins it was mad with something coming or going every week. In recent years I have had the chance to own some again that I owned so briefly the 1st time round I could hardly remember playing them, it was only photos that would prove they were ever here!

The pinball community is good over here with the UK pinball League and 2 or 3 decent size shows a year, I will do a video of my games soon (my A13 is with a friend whose TAF I am restoring at the moment) and post a link to it here (unless I can post it here). They are split into 3 locations in my house. You can get an idea of the chaos we live in here

when this was shot for a short film before the news over here.

#31 12 years ago

I'd really like to find an AFM.

#32 12 years ago

Sweet collection Matt, I'm a long way off from my ultimate collection.

Don't worry about the bike, cars are more comfy and warmer.... keep the pinball in.

#33 12 years ago

Classic video!!!!! Made me smile big time

I must show this to my wife as it makes my 4 pins in our front room look just fine

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from bugray:

Sweet collection Matt, I'm a long way off from my ultimate collection.
    Don't worry about the bike, cars are more comfy and warmer.... keep the pinball in.

Hey Ray, can't sell my bike, I've had it for 18 years, shes my baby! The only other pin I am (sort of) after is another Pinball Magic, partly becaus I quite liked it and partly as I don't have a Capcom. Hows the RS, breaking your balls as much as JM?!!

#35 12 years ago

lol, I remember seeing that video way back. Only half the garage is mine. If its below freezing, there better not be anything keeping her car out of the garage or it might end up in the drive instead.

#36 12 years ago

Hi Matt, nice to see another Brit on here

Personally I'd say my collection will never be complete... it's an evolving un-tamed beast that has a mind of it's own and that I have no control over... I try to tame it, but it's an ongoing battle that I'll never win! Part on my problem is that I'm also a collector, so it opens up a world of completely crap games to play as being keepers!

#37 12 years ago

RS is cool, the wife thinks Red and Ted are creepy.... what does she know!!!

I got the latest game rom ordered and I changed 2 bulbs, nothing to do but play... happy days.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-achieved-their-ultimate-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.