(Topic ID: 77675)

Has anyone done Chrome trim on Roadshow ? restoration ideas ?

By stephenshane237

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1059.JPG
ijramp.jpg
IJpf.jpg
tzij.jpg
tz.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I know I am crazy but I am doing a Roadshow restoration, I usually go as expensie as possible it seems when doing a restoration (check my TZ, and IJ threads) and I want to go over the top this time with RS. I was thinking full chrome trim, rails, LD bar, Coin Door, Bolts, apron, backboard, and radio all in chrome on this one. Also since I cannot find red and ted's face I am going to send them to an airbrush artist or doll maker to make them seem more real looking ? it might sound crazy but I will have around $3500 just in parts. Has anyone done a higher end RS or is there any ideas if time and money would allow that might be cool on this game ?

#2 10 years ago

Chrome in my opinion is such a pain to keep clean. My Funhouse has a chrome lockdown bar and side rails. Always shows fingerprints and prone to scratching. Looks awesome though when chrome is clean and not scratched.

#3 10 years ago

Why do people insist on trying to make their games look like cheap hookers who are trying way too hard to be attractive?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Why do people insist on trying to make their games look like cheap hookers who are trying way too hard to be attractive?

I guess its because to each his own funny how most of the HEP restorations and higher end games look like cheap hookers, they sure do seem like expensive ones to me

#5 10 years ago

I always thought putting the legs yelow like the hats on that one would look nice.

#6 10 years ago

that's a good thought but I already bought the trim work, was thinking about doing the backbox and cabinet interior in safety yellow though, its normally black so I think yellow will stand out

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

that's a good thought but I already bought the trim work, was thinking about doing the backbox and cabinet interior in safety yellow though, its normally black so I think yellow will stand out

Treasure Cove sells black/yellow striped backboard and sideboard decals for Roadshow. Check them out if your interested.

#8 10 years ago

Put blue side rails and lockdown like the early games. Looks great to me ties in the blue legs.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Treasure Cove sells black/yellow striped backboard and sideboard decals for roadshow. Check them out if your interested.

I ordered the sideboard and backboard decals already from treasure cove I think they will look great

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

Put blue side rails and lockdown like the early games. Looks great to me ties in the blue legs.

I already ordered the trim my other games are brass, and chrome so I wanted them to match.

check out my TZ and IJ restoration threads below

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-full-restoration-in-20-days

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end

tz.jpgtz.jpg tzij.jpgtzij.jpg IJpf.jpgIJpf.jpg ijramp.jpgijramp.jpg
#11 10 years ago

Gorgeous games. Can't wait to see rs get some chrome. You Putting chrome legs on? Again those are some eye candy wide bodies.

#12 10 years ago

Yes thinking of going with legs, coin door, shooters, backbox hinges, rear glass channel, apron, and backboard all in chrome from chesnut. I just don't know how it will look will all that chrome maybe omit the apron and backboard so I am doing a very quick restoration and I have to have it ready for the Ohio show. I have got tired of beaten destroyed roadshows at Ohio the last couple of years so I figured I will bring a perfect one to let people play because the IJ and TZ are just to expensive to risk something happening.

#13 10 years ago

Anyone have any ideas of Red and Ted's face airbrushing to make more detailed ? or any other Mods ? as of now playfield just arrived, pinball pro speakers, airbrushed faces, all chrome trim, lighted instruction cards, sideboard and backboard decals, CT LED's, and ball guides polished ? any other ideas

#14 10 years ago

This was how I did mine years ago. Everything was powdered coated. I have a painted radio but never installed yet and I also have hard hats painted like Michigan Helmets.

IMG_1059.JPGIMG_1059.JPG

#15 10 years ago

different. I like it. My RS is a keeper !

#16 10 years ago

Yes its my 3rd RS keep buying it and selling it now since I will have many hours and 6k invested in it, no chance of it going away anytime soon, I just thought that since I have never seen HEP do one or any other restorer I would do mine since it wont be going anywhere, but it still has to have the visual impact of my other machines

#17 10 years ago

like the yellow and blue ramps, now trick out the radio.

#18 10 years ago

I and tossing between airbrushed radio and the chrome one from pinballdecals.com not sure which one will look better

#19 10 years ago

Someone painted their RS coin door to blend in to the front of the machine and it looked sweet! Can't remember where I saw it though.

#20 10 years ago

How do you like actually playing the pin?

#21 10 years ago

some guy in Germany did it along with great sideboards decals cant find his contact info though wish I could his sideboard decals were great, he also painted the cabinet safety yellow instead of black

#22 10 years ago

How about swapping Red and Teds heads?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

some guy in Germany did it along with great sideboards decals cant find his contact info though wish I could his sideboard decals were great, he also painted the cabinet safety yellow instead of black

Not sure if its the same thing I saw, but there was a bloke who had awesome sideboard decals, he used images from the back glass , the tornado and the hills were big features, probably cut an paste till he got what he was looking for, looked really cool, would love to see how yours turns out, the airbrushing on red and ted is great idea, good luck, hope to get mine looking good some time soon, having to much fun playing it at the moment to think about how I would like it to look, I think your chrome idea will work real nice..

#24 10 years ago

There is a cool set of target decals available. I have them on mine and like it.
Very easy add-on.

Quoted from BobC:

How about swapping Red and Teds heads?

HA! Probably very funny and creepy. I'd like to see it, but not on mine.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Not sure if its the same thing I saw, but there was a bloke who had awesome sideboard decals, he used images from the back glass , the tornado and the hills were big features, probably cut an paste till he got what he was looking for, looked really cool, would love to see how yours turns out, the airbrushing on red and ted is great idea, good luck, hope to get mine looking good some time soon, having to much fun playing it at the moment to think about how I would like it to look, I think your chrome idea will work real nice..

That is the same guy that did them that I saw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-done-chrome-trim-on-roadshow-restoration-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.