Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0669 (resized).JPG

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Was woz hard to beat when it first came out? The hobbit wasn't to long to beat and I had to turn up the difficulty. I'm sure when more code comes out their will be more to it.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't find there to be much "luck" in WoZ OR Tron. Half the reason Tron is so popular, IMO, is because they did a 'storyline' type game like LOTR or Spider-man or TSPP, only they didn't make the requirements to complete it totally off the wall. It's very reasonable in terms of requirements to get to SOS especially, and even Portal is a fairly low bar. The 'difficulty' comes from game setup, really. WoZ....the 'lucky' parts of WoZ are did the stupid ball roll over all of the TOTO letters? Is the tilt loose enough to keep it in the State Fair balloon targets? I do agree that WoZ needs to be much more calculated because you can absolutely stack things that will hinder progress instead of helping it. That's not really the case with Tron, in which everything you can stack is typically wanted and just bonus points. It just gives you more and more to shoot for, and really the only two "roadblocks" in Tron are Zuse (Gotta learn how to shoot the 'E' from the left and hope your game isn't set up in such a way that leads to the right outlane.....it SHOULDN'T...) and the 3-way combo. Gem varies wildly from game to game..most of the ones I've played it's either makeable directly from Quorra, or ricochet off the TRON standups or drops. It's nearly impossible from right orbit on the fly. Honestly, unless you're going for the 25/50 million bonus for direct to portal, I recommend ignoring Gem until last, and if you can't complete it before the timer runs, just make the single shot in SOS instead of the FOUR before it, if it's a hard shot. Or go for right orbit light the arcade and take it as the mystery award. Lots of ways to make life easier in Tron....not so much in WoZ.

Think we are on the same page, you're just more articulate with your points. I never meant to imply TRON is a " bash" game vs. WOZ, simply more frenzied as the entire process is a much more intense pace. They are both calculated, " adventure" games....TRON fast and brutal, WOZ longer and more calculated. I enjoy them both, but have never beaten either ( much closer on TRON than WOZ). My comments relating to luck still stand, however....some games, the ball just bounces my way more than others....

#53 2 years ago

Agreed...even as 'skilled' at EM's as I think I am, it seems like lately any time I've touched one in a tournament, I've had NO luck at all. Tron is surprisingly touchy as to what rubber is on the game...put white rubbers on there and the ball bouncing into the outlanes a LOT more, or off a held up flipper from the arcade scoop into the right outlane...that was my favorite way to die. Clear rubbers cut down the bounce a lot but my GOD they made the slings seem ridiculously strong and don't even get me started on that clear disc rubber (or the blue one)...I couldn't even SEE the ball it got flung out of there so fast most of the time. It would literally hit a flipper and be halfway up the playfield before my meat-processor could catch up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
8,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside