• 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0669 (resized).JPG

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Was woz hard to beat when it first came out? The hobbit wasn't to long to beat and I had to turn up the difficulty. I'm sure when more code comes out their will be more to it.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't find there to be much "luck" in WoZ OR Tron. Half the reason Tron is so popular, IMO, is because they did a 'storyline' type game like LOTR or Spider-man or TSPP, only they didn't make the requirements to complete it totally off the wall. It's very reasonable in terms of requirements to get to SOS especially, and even Portal is a fairly low bar. The 'difficulty' comes from game setup, really. WoZ....the 'lucky' parts of WoZ are did the stupid ball roll over all of the TOTO letters? Is the tilt loose enough to keep it in the State Fair balloon targets? I do agree that WoZ needs to be much more calculated because you can absolutely stack things that will hinder progress instead of helping it. That's not really the case with Tron, in which everything you can stack is typically wanted and just bonus points. It just gives you more and more to shoot for, and really the only two "roadblocks" in Tron are Zuse (Gotta learn how to shoot the 'E' from the left and hope your game isn't set up in such a way that leads to the right outlane.....it SHOULDN'T...) and the 3-way combo. Gem varies wildly from game to game..most of the ones I've played it's either makeable directly from Quorra, or ricochet off the TRON standups or drops. It's nearly impossible from right orbit on the fly. Honestly, unless you're going for the 25/50 million bonus for direct to portal, I recommend ignoring Gem until last, and if you can't complete it before the timer runs, just make the single shot in SOS instead of the FOUR before it, if it's a hard shot. Or go for right orbit light the arcade and take it as the mystery award. Lots of ways to make life easier in Tron....not so much in WoZ.

Think we are on the same page, you're just more articulate with your points. I never meant to imply TRON is a " bash" game vs. WOZ, simply more frenzied as the entire process is a much more intense pace. They are both calculated, " adventure" games....TRON fast and brutal, WOZ longer and more calculated. I enjoy them both, but have never beaten either ( much closer on TRON than WOZ). My comments relating to luck still stand, however....some games, the ball just bounces my way more than others....

#53 6 years ago

Agreed...even as 'skilled' at EM's as I think I am, it seems like lately any time I've touched one in a tournament, I've had NO luck at all. Tron is surprisingly touchy as to what rubber is on the game...put white rubbers on there and the ball bouncing into the outlanes a LOT more, or off a held up flipper from the arcade scoop into the right outlane...that was my favorite way to die. Clear rubbers cut down the bounce a lot but my GOD they made the slings seem ridiculously strong and don't even get me started on that clear disc rubber (or the blue one)...I couldn't even SEE the ball it got flung out of there so fast most of the time. It would literally hit a flipper and be halfway up the playfield before my meat-processor could catch up.

4 years later
#54 2 years ago

Anyone......?

I have had this game for years now and have been unable to finish it. The closest I have come is having everything complete with the exception of Rescue multiball. I had all the letters lite with a few already tagged. I ended up getting reverse flippers and my game went right down the toilet.

#55 2 years ago

When reverse flippers happens, ya gotta either monkey flip (both at once) or cross your arms to match the flipper reversal!

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

When reverse flippers happens, ya gotta either monkey flip (both at once) or cross your arms to match the flipper reversal!

It depends on where I am in the game. If I get reverse flippers early on I will try and mentally overcome it which usually has mixed results lol. If I am somewhere deep in and I need to keep things in play I monkey flip. Either way it was just too much to deal with at that particular time. Eh...I guess I have been closer then ever before so at least it is progress. I have mine set to where if you are playing well you will get fed extra balls. It took a while to get it set to that point (for me) to where it didn't feed extra balls like candy yet they were reachable if you played well.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Flipping your arms is the Jedi strategy. You don't have to think, you just play like normal and you hit the right button, it's magic.

I've never gotten to Over the Rainbow but my game is setup hard and I recently decided to turn a ton of extra balls on. Now I'm getting over half-way there on some games and could probably get closer with focus and more attempts. But usually I'm just in it to kill the Witch and call it a game!

#58 2 years ago

Oh, don't start making me miss my WOZECLE! I never had a chance to learn the final code.

#59 2 years ago

On stock settings, I was only able to get to about 3/4's of the way there once or twice. Even set at five balls, I've come as close as one shot away from getting to SWOTR a half dozen times, if that. I think for even for an above average player, this game is still plenty challenging even at the 5 ball settings. That is if you want to get to the "end"

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

But usually I'm just in it to kill the Witch and call it a game!

Ditto.....I swear as soon as the lights go green and white I panic everytime!!! Only actually melted her a handful of times, and first owner on my ECLE.

Don't play it as much as I used to, so even worse at it now....ugh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 91.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-beat-woz-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.