(Topic ID: 27242)

Has anyone added a ticket dispenser to a WPC game (WHO?dunnit)?

By TinFoil

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mrpostman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I was playing with some of the adjustable options on my WHO?dunnit machine a couple nights ago and saw it had built in code to dispense tickets. I found the options pretty interesting and considered some high score reward options for parties and what not. Little did I know at the time how disregarded this option really was...

From the internet, to the manual, and back starring at my machine, I could not for the life of me figure out what was needed and how to attach those needed objects to my pin. From what I've found out, many of the WPC tables have this built in ability. I believe an extra ticket board is required as well as a dispenser (of course). Past that, I'm pretty lost. I think I've found a place to purchase the pricey ticket board, and I have a DL-1275 dispenser, but I really don't want to spend the cash on the board before I know what else might be needed.

If anyone has done this before, or has any insight, I'd love to hear it. What started out as a fun little side project has exploded into an obsession just to see my machine give out one ticket before I end up hating it and taking it all back out.

#2 11 years ago

The ticket setup isn't unique to WPC games; WMS made a kit that was used with System 11 games, too.

I don't think they sold very many of these - I've had very little luck actually finding one! I found one installed in a game awhile back, and the only way I was going to get it was to buy the game - and it was a title I had zero interest in, and the price was simply too high to purchase and resell the game without the ticket board.

I'd still like to get one of these kits, to learn how it works. I have a couple redemption games, a Ticket Tac Toe and an Addams Family Values, I imagine both these games have a lot, if not all, of the wiring that would be required to add this option to earlier games. I also have a Midway Hot Shot game, the basketball 'cousin' to Slugfest, and it dispenses trading cards, I imagine the hardware to do this is similar to tickets.

But, it's purely conjecture at this point, having never seen one!

#3 11 years ago

You know, johnwartjr, I've followed your research into this matter from your old Google Groups threads. I'm starting to think you and I are the only home owners on the planet with even the slightest curiosity of getting one of these working.

Do you have any pictures of what the Ticket Dispenser Board should look like? Can you tell me where it plugs into? If you saw a picture of one, would you know if it was the correct board? I've e-mailed at least a dozen people in the past couple days and no one has heard of this add-on, much less seen one installed.

#4 11 years ago

I have a ticket dispenser hooked up on our Hot Shot basketball game. Let me know how I can help and where to look for this unique board and I will take a picture of it for you.
I would assume it would be the same as in the pinball machines.

#5 11 years ago

Does Ticket Tac Toe have a board that looks like this:
Link to what I believe is the correct board - http://goo.gl/5qr33

If so, I would believe tracing these wires back could tell us where to plug in any WPC pin. Does anyone have a manual for Ticket Tac Toe? I know it's a rare game, so the chances of a PDF scan is pretty low.

#7 11 years ago

I've ran into those as well while searching out more info. Those devices are actually pretty neat and would allow you to add tickets to just about anything. However, they simply work by taking the energy from a pulse (be it a pinball kicker or coin pulse) and then tell the ticket dispenser to give one ticket. They don't actually use the software that is already built into the WPC boards which is what I'm hoping to do.

1 week later
#8 11 years ago

My Williams Ticket Dispenser board arrived. I stared blankly at it for a while and went back to doing research.

#9 11 years ago

Pics?

#10 11 years ago

Wow what an awful design. Imagine if there were a flaky switch that caused the CPU to fire that solenoid over and over, or the ball got stuck and the player walked away, leaving the machine to do ball searches for hours. There would be a pile of tickets on the floor for no reason at all.

3 weeks later
#11 11 years ago

I have no clue but I wonder if this would work or be made to work.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/pinball-redemption-kit.aspx

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I have no clue but I wonder if this would work or be made to work.
http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/pinball-redemption-kit.aspx

On the Tron I played that had the redemption kit, the game had call outs on the DMD and audio about the number of tickets awarded. It was tied into the game code.

#13 11 years ago

I meant, I have no idea if it could integrate into OPs W?D.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-added-a-ticket-dispenser-to-a-wpc-game-whodunnit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.