(Topic ID: 96198)

Has anybody tried the super bands post sleeves?

By Haymaker

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by c2scanada
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I have heard both good and bad about the super bands for the flippers. I think I'm going to try a set anyways, but has anyone tried the post sleeves? I'm tempted to give them a try but I'm a little afraid they will just be too bouncy and zing the ball back around instead of absorbing some of the impact and slowing the ball down a little.

#2 9 years ago

Who is selling them?

#3 9 years ago

If you are talking about the little super bands that fit on the posts I have several on my machines (5). I am not real sure there is that much of a difference in play (bounce) but they sure look better. Especially the red and green.

#4 9 years ago

Look cool play fine

#5 9 years ago

Mine I ordered from Marco did nit fit the post on my X-Men LE that have cliffy's rubber on them . the super bands were to large in circomfreince Spelling error .

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Who is selling them?

pinball life

#7 9 years ago

Marco and Pinball life in North America. The sleeves are available in a couple sizes, as are the mini posts. They have more rebound than the Cliffy products. These have been used in many PAPA machines for a while now.

#8 9 years ago

yes pinball life sells them: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

Quoted from RobKnapp:

Mine I ordered from Marco did nit fit the post on my X-Men LE that have cliffy's rubber on them . the super bands were to large in circomfreince Spelling error .

You may have gotten the ones for bally/williams games. It appears there is a seperate part number for DE/sega/stern games

#9 9 years ago

I've had them on my Scared Stiff for quite awhile and really like them. They are MUCH bouncier though, so what works for my taste (always looking to speed things up) may not be what you are looking for. All in all they look great and add some speed and nastiness to gameplay.

#10 9 years ago

I have them on my T2. They are quite a bit more "bouncy" that old, dried out black rubber post sleeves...

I think they are a bit more bouncy than the rubber but on some games, that just adds to the FUN!

#11 9 years ago

I am about bling and low maintenance. For game play, they are bouncier.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anybody-tried-the-super-bands-post-sleeves and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.