(Topic ID: 36362)

Has anybody in the world got to Dark Phoenix yet on XM?

By Shapeshifter

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DutchTommy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just wondered as seeing how hard the villains are and the lack of combos or versus modes, it all but seems impossible?

2 years later
#2 4 years ago

I actually just did last weekend!! What an rush that was.. But man it was hard to accomplish, who else got to dark phoenix? With offcourse the glass on and with 3 ball factory settings. It took me years to even get near to that wizard mode.. I have made an little video about that, which is on my facebook. I maded that specific post public so everyone should be able to watch it..

https://www.facebook.com/roy.wils/videos/10204275804880129/

But it is lacking an solid cameraman i just ticked a guy at the scene to record it because i wanted this recorded somehow, but he most have been drunk or something, which maded me think like this worldclass play would have been so fkkn awesome to watch if i actually recorded it properly or even streamed

So im thinking to do an kickstarter to gain the necessary funds to buy the equipment and needs to let u guys provide professional pinball play content preferably streamed from myself and other players that all combined with an charity of choice because i like to help others too thru pinball while im goin.. Would u guys like that pitch/idea? Testing out the waters sort of speak..

For the guys who dont know me. Im Roy Wils number 13 ifpa, best player in the netherlands, im the wicked shimmy shot maker. Who never failed yet to qualify in A in tournament play. Let me hear ur thought, thx

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just wondered as seeing how hard the villains are and the lack of combos or versus modes, it all but seems impossible?

Watch and enjoy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay#post-2151746

rd.

#4 4 years ago

Yeah without wolverine in the mids shots are easier to shoot for, i didnt had that advantage, i played it in an arcade, but the difference is remarkable regarding dark phoenix itself, why does the LE have all the animations and graphics with dark phoenix and the PRO version obviously doesnt?! That game have the newest code im positive, very odd to me
But i managed to score 520M and i drained my last ball on purpose i was getting sick of playing it after more then half hour

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

Yeah without wolverine in the mids shots are easier to shoot for, i didnt had that advantage, i played it in an arcade, but the difference is remarkable regarding dark phoenix itself, why does the LE have all the animations and graphics with dark phoenix and the PRO version obviously doesnt?! That game have the newest code im positive, very odd to me
But i managed to score 520M and i drained my last ball on purpose i was getting sick of playing it after more then half hour

Good score Roy

Re the captive ball: the Wolverine figure on the LE is too far to the left (different PF routing than the Pro) so it needs to be modified one way or another.

The captive ball does open up Beast and Xavier a little, but it makes Wolverine shots much tougher. With the standard figure, Weapon X multiball is very easy, with the captive ball it's a lot tougher to complete.

On the Pro, the figure is centered properly, and you don't need to worry about captive ball mods. Until your figure breaks and you have to pay Stern $200 for a new one.

rd.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good score Roy
Re the captive ball: the Wolverine figure on the LE is too far to the left (different PF routing than the Pro) so it needs to be modified one way or another.
The captive ball does open up Beast and Xavier a little, but it makes Wolverine shots much tougher. With the standard figure, Weapon X multiball is very easy, with the captive ball it's a lot tougher to complete.
On the Pro, the figure is centered properly, and you don't need to worry about captive ball mods. Until your figure breaks and you have to pay Stern $200 for a new one.
rd.

I actually know someone who have an couple of original stern wolverine xmen figures in stock and is willing to part with it for almost half price of a new one thou.. If u or anyone is interested i let that person know to make an deal

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
5,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Olathe, KS
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside