(Topic ID: 226906)

Has a theme or art package ever stopped you from buying a pin?

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc dcl (resized).jpg
    Pump up your collection.jpg
    3BD4C3C1-4731-463C-BA8A-0E93D1F7CA06 (resized).jpeg
    03C338B8-6797-4053-83A6-770D4F2CDEF0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 5 years ago

I would really like to have a Metallica pin - one of my favorite groups, have all their records, only big name act I’ve seen live in many years, the game itself looks really nice..., game is loads of fun, but,
    - I don’t like music pins as I already have CDs
    - I struggle to get past the tastelessness of electrocuting somebody as a major feature
    - then they play Creeping Death during Sparky multiball - what’s up with that ? - should be Ride the Lightening
    - what’s with that awful hammer - doesn’t look a thing like on Kill ‘em All
    - so much focus on death - coffin, tombstone, Sparky - sure Metallica’s texts are super gloomy, but in my view this game really trivializes Metallica’s message
    - where does the snake come in - except as a little squiggle on the cover of the Black Album...

on the upside, it seems to be the only music pin where the band was involved (except Alice Cooper), so they seem to like it - who knows, maybe I’ll get one eventually.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

but I think you might be over thinking it.

You may be right about that.

Regarding the hammer, when I type Metallica Hammer of Justice into Google I get a lot of T-shirts with hammers that kind of look like the hammer in the Stern game - probably not a coincidence. No idea if that is an official band image. May be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-a-theme-or-art-package-ever-stopped-you-from-buying-a-pin?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.