(Topic ID: 198116)

Has 2017 been a bad year for Stern code support?

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is 2017 Sterns worst year for code support?”

• Yes 163 votes
      88%
    • No 23 votes
      12%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bm66 (resized).png
    c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

I voted no because I still think 2015 was the worst on record.... mind you 2017 is not done yet. Back then the backlog was enormous

Mustang
    Avengers
    Xmen
    WWE
    Walking Dead
    Star Trek specifically LE (features that didnt work for more than a year)
    KISS

To name a few

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Stern only updates us when someone is arrested.
    Rumor is Star Wars & Aerosmith did not sell well.
    Odds are ACDC wont sell well either IMO.

2011 Investors: "Raise prices...dumd down game.....rinse and repeat for 6 years...."
    2017 Investors" "How come we are not selling games?"

#79 6 years ago

To me at first it was the code issues that was really rubbing me the wrong way but I did purchase NIB games once they were out for a while 10+ months from launch with above average code dev. But now with their ghosting bullshit they've crossed the line in the sand that I can't move because their is no fixed period to wait and see. Add to that the last 6+ years of price increase.....Which means I have become a HUO buyer.

Their is absolutely no more insentive to buy new. None. Apart from the bragging rights that now come with ghosted inserts and failing node boards (which is also another huge problem in itself). I can fix williams boards but node boards and the new spike system are essentially $$$$ for new boards until they stop producing them. Then what? Wait for Rottendog?

Code wise while 2017 seems like a bad year, I really think the time period between 2014-2015 was the worst.

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

'..hold off in solidarity with us BM66'
    Why single out Batman 66. If people would have "held off" on WOF and IJ4 we could've nipped this whole incomplete code debacle in the bud like a friggin' decade ago!

Comparing a 4k game to a,in some cases, 15k+ game is not exactly comparing apple and oranges. I definitely understand his point. #wheresthecode for the win!

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

People that bought a $15k BM66 are no more (or less) entitled to functional code than people that bought the standard version. Or people that bought a $4k Pro.

I was just saying that the price difference makes it so. If you buy a Nissan Mirca Vs. Lincoln MKX you would expect your perks, service and features to be different. If Gomez promised biweekly updates, then owners should expect bi-weekly updates and get put in front of the line. I'm not jealous if they do because they paid a premium for such service. Now all that is missing is that service. I'm not knocking down that everyone deserves functional code. All I'm stating his the order of priority that code should be released. And in the grand scheme of things, Lyman should not be working on anything else but BM66 at this point and at least 2 coders should work on the other games to release code in a timely fashion. Stern has essentially committed suicide with their Kapow brand. How many people that bought BM66 will buy the next Kapow title?

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The fact that the sales for BM66 seem to have been pitiful could mean that they abandon the code as not worth their time financially.

If they don't finish...bye bye kapow brand line. And they can say goodbye to big spenders.

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

It won't sell more machines, so they don't care.

However it speaks to their integrity. If true.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2017 has been a very good year for threads exactly the same as a million other threads but with clever clickbait titles.

While we might not agree sometimes....you sure as hell crack me up with your posts. Yes threads like thee are a broken record but they seem to be more of them which should be a sign of something.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-2017-been-a-bad-year-for-stern-code-support?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.