(Topic ID: 198116)

Has 2017 been a bad year for Stern code support?

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is 2017 Sterns worst year for code support?”

• Yes 163 votes
      88%
    • No 23 votes
      12%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bm66 (resized).png
    c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Who in their right mind would give Stern $15k for an updated BTDK (same crane etc..)?

People with a lot of monies....wish I could.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Me personally, I really hate seeing stern code posts, period.
    I've been a member a few years and you guys have been whining the entire time about the code.
    Yet, you guys still buy new pins from them.

So true.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Stern will rue the day they got lazy and did not squash the competition when they had the chance...

They will totally Rue it! Well after GOTG, i mean people love that. Oh and Iron Maiden casue all pinheads are metal heads for some reason. But then Ster....well no Pulp Fiction after that and i mean obviously that will sell etc
    etc
    etc

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree, but there are signs the market is getting to saturation point,...

May be true but there were also signs that people weren't going to buy Anymore games after that Avengers POS. Then no one was going to spend over 5K, and then 9K, and then 16K...I agree it has to end sometime but that doesn't mean soon.

Quoted from jar155:

If Stern isn't going to provide good code support for the games, that's their decision. But they really need to stop trying to act like they care.

Must have missed that part...I've never seen any effort to act like they give a shit.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I love all these folks with such fantastic marketing insight on the pinball market. They clearly hired the wrong guy when they hired Zach!

So what's changed in Stern since Zach was hired?

Where's that tumbleweed gif?

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't understand your point. i don't think anyone here is blaming the programmers per se.

I'm not so sure with the way they shit on Lonnie.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Unfortunately I think we pinsiders are the vocal minority on this issue.

You mean normal people don't have a dream journal of all the ideas they assume will be in Star Wars when it's released?
    But then how do they feel betrayed and take it personal when their little ideas don't come to life?

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

When the manufactures switched their focus to the home user market programming code (or lack there of) became more of an issue.

Well then all the home market has to do is police themselves and not buy games to hahahahaa sorry i couldn't even finish typing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-2017-been-a-bad-year-for-stern-code-support?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.