• Galaxy 19 votes
    30%
  • Hot Hand 2 votes
    3%
  • Split Second 4 votes
    6%
  • Wild Fyre 0 votes

(63 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven't played all those games, but I can tell you my Big Game is never leaving my house. I plan to fully restore it in the future.

Agreed. Mine will never leave the house either. Besides, my son forbids it. In fact I can't even entertain the idea.

Quoted from mof:

Does anyone have any cool stories about these Harry Williams Stern games? Any favorites?
-mof

The first machine I ever bought, Big Game rates pretty high for me. I have written about it multiple times on various threads. I will say this however, it makes the most out of its wide-body. There is simply no wasted space on this game. Fast and furious with drops(3x3=9) pops(3) and shots(too many to mention). I have owned this machine long enough now to experiment with many shots. I have discovered quite a few awesome backhanders. Love this game.
Would like a Flight 2000 someday. Would look great next to Big Game.
Just missed on a Galaxy recently. Would love to add that one and am on the prowl for one.
REALLY like Classic Sterns!

#28 9 years ago

What do you know cw, I just sent him a pm asking the very same thing. The only advice I have been given is to put in new springs. My pinball tech disputes this however and claims it won't make much if any difference. I need to do something soon though. It is annoying when one does not drop.

#37 9 years ago

Thanks to DRDAVE for the information. Some valuable tips for sure!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TonyH:

My favorite is Galaxy. It took me about 5 years to get mine it is the exact machine me and my best child hood friend to this day played as little kids 30 yrs ago. It would be my last pin I would sell every time I play it I think of us at about 8 yrs old playing that machine.

That would be awesome to actually own the very machine you played years ago!!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Had 2 Freefalls that I nicely restored and sold them shortly afterward. Ok player but suffers delay of game / slow between balls like most Stern wide body multi-ball games from that time frame(Split Second, Iron Maiden). I like Stars,Ali,Quicksilver,Nineball,Seawitch and a few others for fast edge of your seat action much better.
Dave (Doc)

What? No Big Game DRDAVE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-williams-classic-sterns?tu=rollitover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.