Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mbrave77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Harry Potter or Back To The Future”

• Harry Potter 41 votes
      44%
    • Back To The Future 52 votes
      56%

(93 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

I like both themes, but I feel as though Harry Potter would translate better to a pinball machine. With the Back to the Future theme I like the general idea of time travel and getting a playfield counter up to 88mph; kind of like the reactor in Total Nuclear Annihilation. It would also need to have Christopher Lloyd doing some custom callouts as Doc Brown. Beyond that, I don't think the plots of the movies work all that well, but I'm sure someone could prove me wrong.

With the Harry Potter theme, there is just so much material. Start out with the Sorting Hat announcing your house: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Travel to Diagon Alley for supplies before making your way to Hogwarts. Pass though Platform 9 3/4 and board the Hogwarts Express. Watch out for the Whomping Willow. Complete your classes: Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration to progress from a Level 1 - Level 7. You earn an Extra Ball by completing your O.W.L. in Level 5. Compete with the other houses for the House Cup, "10 points Gryffindor". Compete in the Triwizard Tournament (multiball). Play matches of Quidditch (multiball) where you are trying to score goals and capture the Golden Snitch. Save a lost ball with the Time Turner. Finally, I would steal from Champion Pub / Deadpool and have "battle mode" where you are dueling against other wizards, leading up to your battle with Lord Voldemort. There is just so much that translates perfectly to a 4-player game of pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-vs-back-to-the-future?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.