Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mbrave77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Harry Potter or Back To The Future”

• Harry Potter 41 votes
      44%
    • Back To The Future 52 votes
      56%

(93 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Stern, Jersey Jack, Spooky, CGC, Deeproot, and American Pinball have gone all in on a Joint Venture to build the ultimate pinball machine. Bally/Williams is pausing their gambling machine manufacturing to get in on the action, and the surviving Gottlieb and Atari crew are pitching in. Keith Elwin, Scott Danesi, Pat Lawlor, Brian Eddy, and George Gomez are jointly designing a new machine, and 2 licenses have fallen into their lap. An angel investor pinhead has donated 10 million dollars to the license holder’s charity of choice for Back To The Future and Harry Potter rights. All assets are available for use up to and including the epic John Williams soundtrack. A new Saphire infused playfield guaranteed to never chip or pool is being utilized in the build process. The machines will run on a new solid state technology that comes with a 200 year rail to rail pinball machine warranty. The team is only together for this one game. Machines will only come in one trim level and retail for $7,500, with the capability of building as many as are ordered. Which one do you want them to make, Back to the Future or Harry Potter?

#2 4 years ago

Bttf, 1000%.

#3 4 years ago

Lol. If it were to happen...I would want Harry Potter.
    -Mike

#4 4 years ago

Hilarious! Bring in Atari to. Then I say BigFoot.

#5 4 years ago

I'm a big BTTF fan and don't care much for Harry Potter, but if the BOM is big enough I think a Harry Potter machine could be really great.

#6 4 years ago

Very tough decision! Both are my remaining dream pinball themes. I would have to go with Harry Potter as I think theres greater potential for rules depth with 8 films to work with. Either title as a pin has huge potential

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Hilarious! Bring in Atari to. Then I say BigFoot.

I have edited the original to say, "the surviving Gottlieb and Atari crew are pitching in". Anything else I can add to make the final product even better?

#8 4 years ago

BTTF all day.

#9 4 years ago

Im an 80s kid and would still want Harry Potter all day long. Its my dream theme. I have star wars comic which I love but Harry Potter to me is built for Pinball. JJP would probably be the best company to make it with all the movie clips. But you could also go the book route and make it comic drawn.

#10 4 years ago

Harry Potter? haha no way. BTTF for sure.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Im an 80s kid and would still want Harry Potter all day long. Its my dream theme. I have star wars comic which I love but Harry Potter to me is built for Pinball. JJP would probably be the best company to make it with all the movie clips. But you could also go the book route and make it comic drawn.

Good news! The machine will be a joint venture between JJP, Stern, American Pinball, Deeproot, Spooky, Bally/Williams, Atari, and Gottlieb (ghosts). They have all the rights so they could go comic or movie.

#12 4 years ago

The one that plays the best

#13 4 years ago

Bttf ALL day.

I rather have a good bttf than a great Harry Potter. That’s how much better bttf theme is for me. Top 5.

#14 4 years ago

Neither. If you have that level of support behind this, make Jaws and call it a day.

#15 4 years ago

Since posting this Spooky has announced they are doing a collaborative build with Chicago Gaming Company and Ben Heck. There is wild speculation that Spooky pulled a big license and can't handle all the manufacturing on their own. Both Back to the Future and Harry Potter are back on the table in the speculation thread, but BTTF is more favored.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces

#16 4 years ago

As stated before.Ms Rawlings will NOT,repeat,NOT grant a license for a H.P pin.EVER!! She has more Money than all those pinball companies put together!She is a proper British lady who looks down on the locations where we play pinball! Trained in her craft by J.R Tolkien at Oxford U,knighted by the crown,and completely upper crust!Forget about it

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

As stated before.Ms Rawlings will NOT,repeat,NOT grant a license for a H.P pin.EVER!! She has more Money than all those pinball companies put together!She is a proper British lady who looks down on the locations where we play pinball! Trained in her craft by J.R Tolkien at Oxford U,knighted by the crown,and completely upper crust!Forget about it

Let me highlight the criteria for the poll again.

"An angel investor pinhead has donated 10 million dollars to the license holder’s charity of choice for Back To The Future and Harry Potter rights. All assets are available for use up to and including the epic John Williams soundtrack."

I can up that to an angel investor buying the rights for $100,000,000 if you like. The point is that if the license could be gotten by giving 10s of millions of dollars to sick children in Africa or something. Everybody, even her, has a price.

Let us live our dream... at least for the purpose of a poll.

Edit: Edited language to not sound like a douche.

#18 4 years ago

I prefer BTTF.

#19 4 years ago

I would say potter! Did I like bttf movies more .....yes. But I think more can be done with potter. The world under the glass could be insane. Castle, train,mountains could be nuts.
    What bttf would have a street with a clock tower! Fail!

#20 4 years ago

jk Rowling hates pinball.. period. why do so many people want to see a harry potter pinball?

BTTF = take my money now

#21 4 years ago

Harry Potter sucks! BTTF all the way.

#23 4 years ago

Doc Brown > Dumbledore

#24 4 years ago

I like both themes, but I feel as though Harry Potter would translate better to a pinball machine. With the Back to the Future theme I like the general idea of time travel and getting a playfield counter up to 88mph; kind of like the reactor in Total Nuclear Annihilation. It would also need to have Christopher Lloyd doing some custom callouts as Doc Brown. Beyond that, I don't think the plots of the movies work all that well, but I'm sure someone could prove me wrong.

With the Harry Potter theme, there is just so much material. Start out with the Sorting Hat announcing your house: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Travel to Diagon Alley for supplies before making your way to Hogwarts. Pass though Platform 9 3/4 and board the Hogwarts Express. Watch out for the Whomping Willow. Complete your classes: Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration to progress from a Level 1 - Level 7. You earn an Extra Ball by completing your O.W.L. in Level 5. Compete with the other houses for the House Cup, "10 points Gryffindor". Compete in the Triwizard Tournament (multiball). Play matches of Quidditch (multiball) where you are trying to score goals and capture the Golden Snitch. Save a lost ball with the Time Turner. Finally, I would steal from Champion Pub / Deadpool and have "battle mode" where you are dueling against other wizards, leading up to your battle with Lord Voldemort. There is just so much that translates perfectly to a 4-player game of pinball.

2 months later
    #25 3 years ago

Well said

Quoted from lpeters82:

I like both themes, but I feel as though Harry Potter would translate better to a pinball machine. With the Back to the Future theme I like the general idea of time travel and getting a playfield counter up to 88mph; kind of like the reactor in Total Nuclear Annihilation. It would also need to have Christopher Lloyd doing some custom callouts as Doc Brown. Beyond that, I don't think the plots of the movies work all that well, but I'm sure someone could prove me wrong.
    With the Harry Potter theme, there is just so much material. Start out with the Sorting Hat announcing your house: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Travel to Diagon Alley for supplies before making your way to Hogwarts. Pass though Platform 9 3/4 and board the Hogwarts Express. Watch out for the Whomping Willow. Complete your classes: Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration to progress from a Level 1 - Level 7. You earn an Extra Ball by completing your O.W.L. in Level 5. Compete with the other houses for the House Cup, "10 points Gryffindor". Compete in the Triwizard Tournament (multiball). Play matches of Quidditch (multiball) where you are trying to score goals and capture the Golden Snitch. Save a lost ball with the Time Turner. Finally, I would steal from Champion Pub / Deadpool and have "battle mode" where you are dueling against other wizards, leading up to your battle with Lord Voldemort. There is just so much that translates perfectly to a 4-player game of pinball.

#26 3 years ago

harry potter is my grail theme. I want it soooo bad

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-vs-back-to-the-future and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.