(Topic ID: 336844)

Harry Potter sucks

By bangerjay

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 11 months ago

It does

#2 11 months ago

I read the books and saw the movies and still have no idea whats going on.

#3 11 months ago

Someone is bored at work!

#4 11 months ago

Its awful. Like I normally don't give a crap whatever nostalgic garbage someone is into, because lord knows I like plenty of it too, but people have ruined Harry Potter (if you can ruin something that was never good to begin with). Too many people basing their whole personality around it, thinking its the greatest thing of all time, ect. Its a crappy kids book and a crappy kids movie. I like plenty of crappy kids movies from when I was younger too but I don't go around telling people OH MAN YOU'RE JUST LIKE SHREDDER FROM THE NINJA TURTLES HURRR DURRR. Oh man I know, I am such a Voldemort aren't I? Oops, I said his name! Goddamn that shit is cringe beyond cringe. Shameful.

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Its awful. Like I normally don't give a crap whatever nostalgic garbage someone is into, because lord knows I like plenty of it too, but people have ruined Harry Potter (if you can ruin something that was never good to begin with). Too many people basing their whole personality around it, thinking its the greatest thing of all time, ect. Its a crappy kids book and a crappy kids movie. I like plenty of crappy kids movies from when I was younger too but I don't go around telling people OH MAN YOU'RE JUST LIKE SHREDDER FROM THE NINJA TURTLES HURRR DURRR. Oh man I know, I am such a Voldemort aren't I? Oops, I said his name! Goddamn that shit is cringe beyond cringe. Shameful.

You two don't get it, thankfully millions of others do. This game will sell like crazy.

#6 11 months ago

I don't even really like the Harry Potter books or movies, somehow I never got into them even though I like lots of similar stuff, and it's so obvious that it would be a HUGE theme for a pinball machine that would sell like hotcakes if done correctly.

The only intentional interaction that I've ever really had with the franchise was having a butter beer spiked with some sort of hard alcohol at the attraction at Universal Studios LOL.

Monster get for JJP. Kudos to them for being able to land it.

#7 11 months ago

I heard the HP pin is going to start you with 2 ball multiball and no way to lose any.

#8 11 months ago

Voldemort swallows.

#9 11 months ago

I don’t have a particular problem with Harry Potter. As another 25 year old franchise it’s just rather dull to me. I wish for some innovation and fresh ideas in pinball themes. I know it would sell though, it’s what the masses want.

#11 11 months ago

I like Harry Potter, my kids like it, my wife likes it, my mom likes it. The books check lots of boxes and are kind of a unique type of low fantasy. What they do better than other books and are an excellent introduction to is something hard to quantify is that life is just not fair for Harry. If you get involved in the books its just one unfair thing after another that Harry has to overcome. Is the writing great? Nope. But it is/was a unique story at the time. Its another great escapist book as it takes a random person thats accomplished nothing and turns them into somebody. The old "hidden talents" trope. Kind of the way some people are into post apocalyptic as it is a great equalizer. I think Harry Potter would be a great theme for pinball. I see people here talking about how pinball should try to broaden its appeal, and I think Harry Potter appeals to women more than most recent offerings.

I fully understand Harry Potter isn't for everyone... but it does check alot of boxes that have not been filled recently in the pinball world.

How it comes across hating on Harry Potter...

#12 11 months ago

JK Rowling is basically Ted Nugent these days.

Could be a total nightmare to deal with. Hope it's worth the trouble!

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I see people here talking about how pinball should try to broaden its appeal

Agreed, as the HP gen of pinball gets closer to middle age this is a nice step into a theme that is not 40-60 years old. Your comment on women enjoying HP is also a good selling point, especially as it is not feminine in the traditional "girls like dolls" sense.

A good path towards more modern themes should silence the younger players for a week or two.

#14 11 months ago

I've been trying to get into it because my kids are into it, but it's just not interesting to me. I've seen all the movies and I'm halfway through second book and man... It's a tough slog.

#15 11 months ago

JK Rowling sucks.

#16 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

JK Rowling is basically Ted Nugent these days.
    Could be a total nightmare to deal with. Hope it's worth the trouble!

Does anybody bother to deal with Ted Nugent anymore? His only hit was Cat Scratch Fever. A song that totally blew. He’s just trying to stay relevant like the other no-talent hacks Chachi and Kevin sorbo. Ted clearly fried his brain in the seventies. He certainly may think he’s a man, but he’s not. He’s a little girly Beotch who tries to overcompensate due to his condition. That condition alledgedly is microphallus according to several of the underage girls he dated.

Quoted from mikedg:

I heard the HP pin is going to start you with 2 ball multiball and no way to lose any.

You just described Thunderturds by Highway pinball.

#17 11 months ago

Whether you like their art or not, JK and Ted at least have brains and they even know if they are a boy or girl. These days, that's saying a lot

#18 11 months ago

I thought this was going to be a fun simple Harry Potter hate thread, but now you all went and made it all political starting at post ?#7?

#19 11 months ago

Not the biggest fan of the series, but Rowling's success lies in her ability to build upon the foundational principles that other greats such as Tolkien and Lewis have used, albeit updated with modern language and for a 21st century audience. This is at its core also the reason for so much of the ire directed at the franchise lately.

HP is a wonderful family theme, and if they can execute better than Toy Story there's a real chance JJP steals my money set aside for an eventual Stern BTTF. I also hope its not based on the newer movies or game, that would even worse than the Toy Story debacle. It will be a fine line to thread between the darker themes and the more whimsical ones to make a compelling game.

#20 11 months ago

I’ll agree harry pooter is super lame, he probably doesn’t tip

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-sucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.