(Topic ID: 257565)

Harry Potter Pinball - Who should make this pin, if available?

By Sidekick74

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Harry Potter Pinball - Who should make this pin, if available?”

• JJP 60 votes
      62%
    • Stern / Ka-Pow 21 votes
      22%
    • American Pinball 1 vote
      1%
    • Dutch 2 votes
      2%
    • Deeproot 1 vote
      1%
    • Spooky 4 votes
      4%
    • P3 2 votes
      2%
    • Other 6 votes
      6%

(97 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57AD4A7D-1AB1-4C55-B786-0D103EBE8942 (resized).jpeg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    hp (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Curious for the results. I would favor JJP.

#2 4 years ago

No one

#3 4 years ago

Jjp, absolutely no brainer.

#4 4 years ago

Not Stern.

#5 4 years ago

I have always thought this could. Be the best world under the glass and jjp could get this done right

#6 4 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball.

But I'm biased. And what we've always heard in the past, is that the author isn't interested.

LTG : (

#7 4 years ago

Not Stern. And that's not cause I don't think they would it justice I just don't want to waste a entire pin on kids who fly around on brooms. Leave it to JJP and their weird taste in themes. Kids and chocolate and magic and brooms.

#8 4 years ago

Stern would just make a "generic" world based on Harry Potter, and throw one vague minor character on the playfield. And the bash toy would be a souped-up "GMC broom".
    MSRP $17,950 (because they kinda used the license, which is expensive). Yes, I am still bitter about JP not being, well... actual JP

None of the others have proven they can tackle such an iconic and expansive license. Not that they are bad (Dutch excluded), just need to grow more to tackle such a title.

I think JJP could do it justice. It would probably be a "make or break" for them. A home run would solidify their market stance, and a miss would put them far behind the 8 ball financially.

Joel
    H.I.O.P.

#9 4 years ago

Ka-Pow are the only ones who *could* make it - only they could make the pledge that all machines would be for private home use only, and make enough through Stern at the high collector's price to make it viable.

#10 4 years ago

I think JJP is the obvious choice. It’s a theme similar to WOZ, but better. They will do it justice.

#11 4 years ago

Totally! Bring on another rock band full of grandpas!! Yes!!! Take my money!! Wooooooooooo

#12 4 years ago

It’s going to be Stern, so deal with it!!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It’s going to be Stern, so deal with it!!

Yup. A magic wand on a spring for a bash toy.

I can't wait...

#14 4 years ago

I'd be fine with Elwin doing it for Stern, but yeah, JJP seems like they could add a lot of fun toys.

#15 4 years ago

JJP.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Totally! Bring on another rock band full of grandpas!! Yes!!! Take my money!! Wooooooooooo

What?
    Wow u just love ur little boy themes and I'm guessing possibly little boys. Harry Potter, come on man. Time to ungeek just a little don't u think?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Stern would just make a "generic" world based on Harry Potter, and throw one vague minor character on the playfield.

Dobby! It will have a little sock hanging out of the coin door.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    Wow u just love ur little boy themes and I'm guessing possibly little boys. Harry Potter, come on man. Time to ungeek just a little don't u think?

I didn’t realize Canadians could be such a hardcore badass!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

just love ur little boy theme

No need to be a 100% asshole and crude. Stay classy Toronto!

PS post your airport code in the pinside fight club thread. Thanks

#20 4 years ago

OK,I see you haven't been paying attention,all of you,so I'll go over it again>There will NEVER BE A HP pinball!!!! The author will not give license for a pin,she stated she "Didn't like the places where they are played""This thread is over!!!!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?

Says the guy that owns a game that comes with a little cute feather.

#22 4 years ago

these threads are always dumb excuses to shit on whatever company you feel like shitting on at the time.

#24 4 years ago

This game is never happening. Don't you think everyone has already tried? This is another Spielberg deal... Spielberg don't allow footage of his movies to be placed into pinball games, so many of his movies won't be pinballs. Prime example not even the CGI DINO's from the movies made its way into the game much less the actors. Blame Spielberg he's got that kind of veto power on all things he does.

Which brings us to Harry Potter, the author of those movies is not interested in pinball. She's now a multi billionaire. Universal is now making her money hand over fist with the Harry Potter Worlds. Her books fly off the shelf, Warner is making even more movies ... she's very particular about licensing anything. She has total control. If it was up to the studios it would have been done already.

I don't think you will EVER see this pinball. With that being said JJP should make it because they're the best at theming. I feel it would be a collector type of pinball with many fans around the World. Hands down JJP!

As for the previous comment, Stern has teased Harry Potter before and nothing happened. Its funny how Stern doesn't tease about ANY title but this one because its not happening.

#25 4 years ago

JK Rowling sees pinball as gambling and has flat out said no. So unless this was a home unit with no coin door this will never be made.
    1.) Not a fanboi - but JJP is absolutely the ONLY one that could do this title justice. However I'm super soured on JJP to the point that company will likely never get another thin dime out of me so I seriously hope they don't make it.
    2.) Stern would likely F-it up by doing some bullshit Photoshop artwork like they do to everything as of late (I'm mad about GOT too) Node boards are garbage too.
    3.) Spooky - nope.
    4.) AP - mmmmmm while artistically I believe they'd do it more justice than Stern and even JJP, the coding piece would likely be subpar.

If it ever sees the light of day, I suspect it will be another half baked Stern product.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

but JJP is absolutely the ONLY one that could do this title justice.

We both agree there. Hopefully whatever your issues with JJP are you can work them out. Keep in mind JJP has done a lot of titles with Warner: Hobbit - OZ - and Wonka.

So they have a history there. If anyone thinks even for a second they haven't asked you're totally nuts. Its not available.

#27 4 years ago

I hope Kapow can get the license. If the designer of virtual Harry Potter pinball says he might get the real world license, that trumps previous stories about JKR’s reluctance. Typical license timeframe is 2 years, backing out six months production means the earliest we could see this pin would be June 2021, same time Spooky’s R&M run is complete. That is a long time away and even then it would likely not occur until the end of 2022. Can’t waste time getting excited about that.

1 year later
    #28 2 years ago

So why have we not got a Harry Potter pinball yet ?

#29 2 years ago

Everyone knows this Steve's new game at JJP and that he is doing custom callouts. "MUGGLE MULTIBALL!!!" *Using ACDC callout voice.

#30 2 years ago

I really hope jjp does Harry Potter

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I really hope jjp does Harry Potter

Stern would do a great job with the license.

Stern (resized).jpgStern (resized).jpg

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern would do a great job with the license.
    [quoted image]

No they wont, they never get full licence and make so bad animations that must be good. Jjp or dutch pinball would make it great.

1 year later
    #33 1 year ago

When di we get it, we need a Harry Potter game that have all 8 movies in it. What are they waiting for ?

57AD4A7D-1AB1-4C55-B786-0D103EBE8942 (resized).jpeg57AD4A7D-1AB1-4C55-B786-0D103EBE8942 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #34 1 year ago

Holy Godfather ruse!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-pinball-who-should-make-this-pin-if-available-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.