Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best theme for a pinball ”

• Star Wars 16 votes
      14%
    • Lord of the Rings 10 votes
      9%
    • Harry Potter 41 votes
      36%
    • Rick and Morty 20 votes
      18%
    • Hot Wheels 3 votes
      3%
    • Willy Wonka 4 votes
      4%
    • other 20 votes
      18%

(114 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hairy potter (resized).jpg
    AA03F6BC-34DB-47E5-BD5A-B0EABAE1B71D (resized).jpeg
    00F2C93A-849A-4749-AB74-2A9BC8E4CF95 (resized).png
    AE004A96-DA1A-4FC5-B777-09A3CBFCA9F0 (resized).jpeg
    302466-ec8e4126941b7dd3fa3f8b9b21300097 (resized).jpg
    Harry_Potter_Pinball_mrclean (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Harry Potter Pinball the ultimate theme ???
    Will it ever come ? Would you buy it ?
    What would you like to see in it ?

#2 4 years ago

So, when you say Harry Potter rumor - you mean the rumor you are starting?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer31520:

No

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It would seem that way

#5 4 years ago

Would you buy it ?

No

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Kaneda mentioned it . I did not start it .

#7 4 years ago

Kaneda mentioned it .

Who?

#9 4 years ago

Sorry, I get all my harry potter info from these guys.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

He also said kapow was after it. I strongly believe that's a title made for jjp, but we'll see. I hope a HP pin is made, but I really want to see it done by jjp. If kapow does get it, I'll still be excited, but this game much like starwars needs a slot of toys and magic, and I'm not confident it will be done justice. Just my opinion.

#11 4 years ago

If it ever happrns its sn insta buy for me. Top theme for me

#12 4 years ago

HP is for kids. Last I checked, they weren’t buying THESE toys...

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Tell you what though, those Harry and the Potters sure know how to party.

#14 4 years ago

There are already a dozen of these threads...

To some it up:
    Harry Potter is stupid and for children - cranky old guys

Harry Potter is awesome and I enjoy it with my kids - nice old guys

Harry Potter is my childhood - millennials

I’m sure it would do well but not for me - nice guys

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

To some it up:
    Harry Potter is stupid and for children - cranky old guys
    Harry Potter is awesome and I enjoy it with my kids - nice old guys
    Harry Potter is my childhood - millennials
    I’m sure it would do well but not for me - nice guys

You forgot the part about the book lady thinks pinball is seedy and wants nothing to do with it.

I keep thinking she must have had a bad experience in a place where there were pinball machines when she was a child.

#16 4 years ago

Harry Potter is a huge theme and one that's an instant buy in my house assuming it's still a good game. SW is probably the biggest theme, and it is a favorite movie franchise in my house, and I still for some reason don't have a SW pin here. The game was lacking compared to my expectations. If a HP is done, I hope it's done with no expenses spared mentality, and looking at kapows last titles I don't see it. Imagine Eric at jjp getting that license.

#17 4 years ago

(Edit) Never mind.

#18 4 years ago

I think it could be cool if you assemble the right team for Harry Potter and the order of the Pinball....

Harry_Potter_Pinball_mrclean (resized).pngHarry_Potter_Pinball_mrclean (resized).png
    #19 4 years ago

1)SW
    2)Potter
    3..., everything else.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

1)SW
    .... Sexy Walrus approves of this.

302466-ec8e4126941b7dd3fa3f8b9b21300097 (resized).jpg302466-ec8e4126941b7dd3fa3f8b9b21300097 (resized).jpg
    #21 4 years ago

Will it ever come ? Would you buy it ?
    What would you like to see in it ?

It has been debated in the past and the answer is no.There will never be a Harry Potter pin.its been confirmed by the author

#22 4 years ago

If they could land The Beatles, they can land Harry Potter.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

It has been debated in the past and the answer is no.There will never be a Harry Potter pin.its been confirmed by the author

she might change her mind when she becomes aware of the great time kids have playing

AE004A96-DA1A-4FC5-B777-09A3CBFCA9F0 (resized).jpegAE004A96-DA1A-4FC5-B777-09A3CBFCA9F0 (resized).jpeg
    #24 4 years ago

she might change her mind when she becomes aware of the great time kids have playing[quoted image]

She thinks and believe pins steal kids lunch money.I am not kidding do some searching you’ll see it

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

He also said kapow was after it. I strongly believe that's a title made for jjp, but we'll see. I hope a HP pin is made, but I really want to see it done by jjp. If kapow does get it, I'll still be excited, but this game much like starwars needs a slot of toys and magic, and I'm not confident it will be done justice. Just my opinion.

I hope JJP gets it as well. The last thing we need is a Harry Potter pin from Stern with two plastic ramps and a $15k model that comes with a screen used piece of Harry Potters robe...

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

You’ve got to be trolling. If you ever went to the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios you'd see there are just as many adults there walking around, wearing robes and buying wands as there are kids. I was shocked at how many adults had come there from all over the world without any kids just to see the HP park. The HP fans have plenty of money to buy these! I’m not a big Harry Potter fan but there’s no denying this would be one of the biggest selling themes for any pin manufacturer, and it would probably clean up on location. And lastly, I doubt it will ever happen.

#27 4 years ago

I do not believe any pinball manufacturer will pay the required fees to properly present Harry Potter. This one requires Primo investment, no getting out cheap.

#28 4 years ago

Harry Potter would probably be a pass for me but it's a popular theme among most.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

She thinks and believe pins steal kids lunch money.

It does. From their parents.

#30 4 years ago

Universal Orlando is my jam! Bitch.
    Sorry wrong thread... having a beer in diagon alley at night when the crowd leaves is fantastic, this is opposite the pins in my basement.

Tried to do a Knockturn Alley thing for Halloween

00F2C93A-849A-4749-AB74-2A9BC8E4CF95 (resized).png00F2C93A-849A-4749-AB74-2A9BC8E4CF95 (resized).pngAA03F6BC-34DB-47E5-BD5A-B0EABAE1B71D (resized).jpegAA03F6BC-34DB-47E5-BD5A-B0EABAE1B71D (resized).jpeg
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Harry Potter is a huge theme and one that's an instant buy in my house assuming it's still a good game. SW is probably the biggest theme, and it is in my house, and I still for some reason don't have a SW pin here. The game was lacking compared to my expectations. If a HP is done, I hope it's done with no expenses spared mentality, and looking at kapows last titles I don't see it. Imagine Eric at jjp getting that license.

Indeed, huge sw (and hp) fan but i will never buy the pin. Did around 10 plays on it and the only thing i remember is the mini game on screen avoiding rocks with the falcon...

Think hp have bigger fanbase then sw.

8 months later
    #32 3 years ago

Any news on this??

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Any news on this??

Probably not.. and pretty sad. Great theme

#34 3 years ago

I think right now we all have a better chance of winning the lottery.
    -Mike

#35 3 years ago

There is a poster in the CGC #4 remake and JJP guns roses/toy story thread that has inside info.

Ask him.

LTG : )

#36 3 years ago

I read long ago Rowlings view on pinball. While I disagree with her I can also respect her views/feelings but WHAT IF this theme was made for HUO? For the love of all that's holy if anything has been proven it's that the HUO market is absolutely huge. If Spooky can make a 500 run of R&M and sell out within a matter of minutes there's NO reason why not to make this pin ...... WITHOUT a coin door. Problem literally solved by removing the coin mechs and no hardware support for coin mechs. Rowlings concern would be satisfied.

#37 3 years ago

Harry potter is never going to get made. Just sayin.

#38 3 years ago

BallPin any news on this?

Quoted from LTG:

There is a poster in the CGC #4 remake and JJP guns roses/toy story thread that has inside info.
    Ask him.
    LTG : )

#39 3 years ago

Limited run of 500 Hairy Potter pins is announced and sells out - sight unseen - in less than an hour.
    hairy potter (resized).jpghairy potter (resized).jpg
    … but its not the Potter they expected.

#40 3 years ago

On how many licenses are still in his dream theme list and the future of KaPow Pinball:

Kaminkow: I’ve probably got about three or four that I haven’t made that are on my KaPow future production list. One is actively wrapping up right now...

Potter…everyone wants it…currently with Zynga we’re building a beautiful Harry Potter product that I’ve been part of since day one and it’s been publicly announced…that builds a relationship on a brand and builds trust and you springboard off those things.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

On how many licenses are still in his dream theme list and the future of KaPow Pinball:
    Kaminkow: I’ve probably got about three or four that I haven’t made that are on my KaPow future production list. One is actively wrapping up right now...
    Potter…everyone wants it…currently with Zynga we’re building a beautiful Harry Potter product that I’ve been part of since day one and it’s been publicly announced…that builds a relationship on a brand and builds trust and you springboard off those things.

Wonder if that is the slot machine side
    ?

#42 3 years ago

Back in February here is the link to

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-february-3rd-2020/

Quoted from chad:

Wonder if that is the slot machine side
    ?

#43 3 years ago

This would be my first LE if it ever was announced. Love the world in the books and movies.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-pinball-rumor?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.