Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

emma_watson_bikini_by_sirstunsalot-d4l3rhq.jpg
    Thread20Necromancy.jpg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

With such a wonderful story and imaginative franchise, I'm amazed Rowling will not provide rights for a pinball game to be developed. With a bar at Harry Potter World in Universal, the notion a pinball machine being placed in a bar establishment as one reason not to license is unfounded logic. It is also, NOT a gambling machine.

I'm bored so I started this thread hoping all who would be interested in purchasing a Harry Potter pinball machine would post here. We can then contact her publicist agency and request consideration to the notion. I don't care if Stern or JJ builds it, the license needs to be made available for fans to enjoy another creative treatment of the franchise. This could be a waste of time but fun to see how long the list grows in interest.

#2 11 years ago

My sister is a die-Hard Potter fan, and she be asking me to buy it NIB. It better have TSPP-like depth.

#3 11 years ago

Too many other things I would rather see. I have not read the books, just the movie and I did not get into it.

#4 11 years ago

She's probably worried that the code will have stronger writing than her books did.

Ender's Game FTW!

#5 11 years ago

I would sign that but want JJP to do it.

#6 11 years ago

I agree that her logic is strange, and I don't see why she sees pinball as "seedy".

Anyway, I doubt she'll ever change her tune and allow it to be licensed for pinball, but Harry Potter is one that I'd buy NIB for sure!

#7 11 years ago

Absolutely!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ender's Game FTW!

Can't wait for the new movie in 2013!!

#9 11 years ago

Consider this the petition, so please if not interested please keep negatives to a min.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Not me. I really want JJP to do a more adult theme, or at least a high action comic style theme. If he was pumping out 3-4 titles a year it wouldn't matter, but with only one every 18 or so months...I don't want to wait 3 or 5 years for him to make a theme targeting older people.

#11 11 years ago

Harry Potter is the theme I want made into a pin more than any other. The books and movies are fantastic. I always felt it would be cool to have the art style of the pin modeled after the art used for the book covers. It would look fantastic and help with the timeless appeal of the pin and theme. If JJP or Stern announced they were making an HP pin I would be in immediately without having to see any details up front. That's how bad I want this pin!!!

If this pin were ever made it would be a license to print money for whoever the manufacturer is. I wouldn't be surprised if they could sell 10K of these even in today's market. Sign me up!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Ya, I mean I want to see how woz turns out software and deepness wise but so far it looks fantastic.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Consider this the petition, so please if not interested please keep negatives to a min.

Not trying to fight but you asked who would be interested in a public forum. You have to expect answers to the positive and negative.

To use the forum as an official petition would need permission from the site owner, Robin. To use the forum to contact others interested and for the official petition elsewere would be the proper form without permission from the site owner.

#14 11 years ago

I'd definitely be in if it was an LCD game.

#15 11 years ago

I doubt a million people saying they would buy one would change J.K.'s mind. I doubt she's hurting for money. (:

#16 11 years ago

It never hurts to try.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I doubt a million people saying they would buy one would change J.K.'s mind. I doubt she's hurting for money. (:

If pinball keeps growing in popularity like it has this past year or so that may change her views on granting a license. Sounds like it is more of a "rep" problem at this time, and that is always a fluid problem.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Too many other things I would rather see. I have not read the books, just the movie and I did not get into it.

Me too. After watching all 8 movies for the first time a few weeks ago I can say I was extremely let down. I didn't think they were horrible, but with all the Harry Potter hype I heard over the past years I thought I would have been blown away by them. I was going to Universal in Orlando so figured I could get a better appreciation for the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter they recently built by seeing the movies first. The movies were decent, but don't know why there is such a craze. I am sure the books are better then the movies but after seeing them I really have no desire for there to be a pin.

#19 11 years ago

Seeing as more JJP buyings are home use only vs Stern, JJP may have a better shot at this license in my eyes...

#20 11 years ago

Not big on HP. Would be a great game to be sure.

#21 11 years ago

For me it would not matter who made it.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

absocountry2 said:

Me too. After watching all 8 movies for the first time a few weeks ago I can say I was extremely let down. I didn't think they were horrible, but with all the Harry Potter hype I heard over the past years I thought I would have been blown away by them. I was going to Universal in Orlando so figured I could get a better appreciation for the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter they recently built by seeing the movies first. The movies were decent, but don't know why there is such a craze. I am sure the books are better then the movies but after seeing them I really have no desire for there to be a pin.

The books are awesome.
    The movies are retarded. imo.

#23 11 years ago

To me, potter is a perfect pin theme! I'm surprised it doesn't already exist!!!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

The books are awesome.

We must have seen different movies. I loved both the books and the films. In my opinion the films do a great job of capturing the essence of the Harry Potter story while not being slavish to the source material.

For my money, the only weak entries in the series are the first two movies and that is only because the world was being defined and the kids were learning to act. By film three everything was firing on all cylinders and it was nothing but goodness from then on. Just my opinion though...

#25 11 years ago

Could you imagine moving ramps, like the moving stairways?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

RawleyD said:

The books are awesome.
    We must have seen different movies. I loved both the books and the films. In my opinion the films do a great job of capturing the essence of the Harry Potter story while not being slavish to the source material.
    For my money, the only weak entries in the series are the first two movies and that is only because the world was being defined and the kids were learning to act. By film three everything was firing on all cylinders and it was nothing but goodness from then on. Just my opinion though...

Order of the Phoenix movies was ridiculously rushed, it did the book no justice.

Half Blood Prince... One of my favorite books EVER, and one of my favorite scenes ever, in any book, Voldemort's hidden chamber.. turned out awful in the movie. I'm still sore over that.

I admit the other movies were ok. I find myself constantly disappointed in book/movie adaptations. partly my fault I suppose.

I'd be on a HP preorder in a second though for a pinball machine. Stern or JJP.

#28 11 years ago

I support this petition!

"Accio HP Pin!"

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I support this petition!
    "Accio HP Pin!"

you are such a dork.

reminded me of this penny-arcade comic... love these guys
    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/07/09

#30 11 years ago

Yes Rawley,

I try, just for you. (Thanks for the whale penis kudos though! Scourgify THAT from your memory bank! )

#31 11 years ago

Adaptations from books to the big screen always disappoint on some level. The book following was so huge that there was bound to be a let down at some level. However, I enjoyed the movies and interpretation. It's one of those franchises like Star Wars that so much can be done with prequel and continuation based on interest. Perfect for a pinball game to keep the story alive in a more physical state than video games which will pass.

#32 11 years ago

Its a great theme for a pinball machine,no doubt.There is a great fanzine called "Drop Target".The authors "fantasy design" games every issue.Once they did a Harry Potter.You can google "Drop Target" and get some issues one will have the mock up of Potter.Really cool.Scott

#33 11 years ago

I think HP would be a great theme for JJP to do. They are making wizard of oz. How many of you would have said you would buy a wizard of oz pin before JJP decided to make one?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Could you imagine moving ramps, like the moving stairways?

Like TS?

#35 11 years ago

A Harry Potter pin would be a dream come true! Probably the only theme that could get me to dip into the savings for a NIB.

#36 11 years ago

This theme wouldn't do it for me personally. I did like the books, but with licensing we would probably get a machine based on the movies.

1 month later
    #37 11 years ago

I would definitely like to see this theme happen. I actually "tried" to write J.K., but got a response from scholastic saying that the only publish the books and referred me to Hasbro/Mattel. I would prefer JJP to do it, but I would buy it NIB sight unseen, no matter who builds.

#38 11 years ago

I'm interested in destroying any machine I see with this theme.

Literally, not figuratively. I would rather never buy a NIB pinball than to support the company that chooses to make this game. I'm thankful that the shark has probably long since sailed on this, and that JKR is such a total biotch that she probably won't grant the licence anyways unless she gets a 90% cut of the profits.

I'm not usually someone to skip a game based on theme alone, but if there was ever a case of it, this would easily be it.

#39 11 years ago

There is a lot that can be done with the theme for sure. I would be for it.

#40 11 years ago

my fiancee and her sister would be all over a NIB pin in a heartbeat

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from royce6135:

my fiancee and her sister would be all over a NIB pin in a heartbeat

I'd like to see pics

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I'd like to see pics

LOL

#43 11 years ago

Its not gonna happen...Already been talked about..

#44 11 years ago

This theme couldn't generate any interest from me. A modern pitch and bat game would do more for me, and that isn't very high up on my list of dream themes.

#45 11 years ago

Taken off of wikipedia :

Harry Potter GAMES : .....
    "There are eleven Harry Potter video games, eight of which correspond with the films and books, and three other spin-offs. The film/book based games are produced by Electronic Arts, as was the Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup game, with the game version of the first entry in the series, Philosopher's Stone, being released in November 2001. The video games are released to coincide with the films, containing scenery and details from the films as well as the tone and spirit of the books. Objectives usually occur in and around Hogwarts, along with various other magical areas. The story and design of the games follows the selected film's characterisation and plot; EA worked closely with Warner Brothers to include scenes from the films. The last game in the series, Deathly Hallows, was split with Part 1 released in November 2010 and Part 2 debuting on consoles in July 2011. The two-part game forms the first entry to convey an intense theme of action and violence, with the gameplay revolving around a third-person shooter style format.[155][156] The other spin-offs games, Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4 and Lego Harry Potter: Years 5–7 are developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. A number of other non-interactive media games have been released; board games such as Cluedo Harry Potter Edition, Scene It? Harry Potter and Lego Harry Potter models, which are influenced by the themes of both the novels and films."

So why would it be different to obtain the license for a pinball machine ? Yes Universal would love more exposure they just invested millions of dollars creating Harry Potter as part of Universal Studios. The franchise is a major money maker with a huge fan base. I think it's only a matter of time before the Harry Potter Pinball Machine is made.

** Also the best selling book series of all time ? :
    Harry Potter J. K. Rowling English 7 + 3 companion books 1997–2007 450 million!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

So why would it be different to obtain the license for a pinball machine ? Yes Universal would love more exposure they just invested millions of dollars creating Harry Potter as part of Universal Studios. The franchise is a major money maker with a huge fan base. I think it's only a matter of time before the Harry Potter Pinball Machine is made.

Yes it would be nice to see but the creator of HP has more money than the queen of england and
    could care less of a pinball machine being produced.

#47 11 years ago

Would love a jjp pin with potter theme or lord of the rings. What? Its already been done? Well... Just call it ” the hobbit” then!

1 year later
    #48 9 years ago

Bump. I would kill for this theme!

#49 9 years ago

Thread20Necromancy.jpgThread20Necromancy.jpg

#50 9 years ago

I'd be in, think it would make a great theme

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-pinball-petition-to-license and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.