(Topic ID: 279710)

Harry Potter is the next Kapow game from Stern (Speculation)

By MRG

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 143110 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    F5D3FF48-8C02-468F-ABE3-34D0F20E376E (resized).jpeg
    E05AD2D9-3485-483B-A93C-9B5C304610E5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is actually happening, so that

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope so. Any idea when?

I’d wager around the first two weeks of November based on Sterns historic release dates

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want a Pokeman game.

Why? I’ll tell you right here I want it. It’s a fun theme with a universe that easily translates to pinball rules, has memorable creature designs, and it’s easy to demonstrate that it’s monstrously popular with people under 40.

It’s cool if you don’t want it. But you’re a weirdo about it. I’m not going to talk trash about your “manly” Star Wars game

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hopefully if it’s made, Harry Potter will be based off the books with original artwork, and not the movies. There’s nothing major about the movies I don’t like how Peves, and most of the house elves were cut.

It seems like it would either have the movies and a barren playfield like Star Wars, or a loaded playfield with no movie like Jurassic Park. Maybe they could get away with only 2 or 3 of the movies as being "enough"

I'm curious what the ratio of people who would want original assets vs the movie assets would be.

Or how people would react if they said the pin is just the Sorcerer's Stone for example. Or an all original adventure in Hogwarts (like the new video game).

The Harry Potter universe is just so massive. It'd be harder to please everyone than most of the other in-demand dream themes.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

I don't think we can say Kapow did Batman66 a disservice. The use of assets is great and the code is awesome. Turned out to be a winner. If Harry Potter ends up like it I would be happy.
    Seems like they should be rated as batting 50% (1 for 2)

Now that Lyman is "done" with Elvira, I can only dream if he wanted to dive into Harry Potter. He crushed Batman 66 and Elvira for KaPow. But his excellent use of assets is a big reason why those games are so great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-is-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.