(Topic ID: 279710)

Harry Potter is the next Kapow game from Stern (Speculation)

By MRG

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 143110 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    F5D3FF48-8C02-468F-ABE3-34D0F20E376E (resized).jpeg
    E05AD2D9-3485-483B-A93C-9B5C304610E5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago

I thought Bond was going to be the next Kapow.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope so. Any idea when?

I’m ready and hopefully they announce soon, if not might need to buy GNR.

Nothing leaked from SR on last nights virtual expo show with him?

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Joe K mentioned tricks up their sleeve....
    Probably toying with us.

My money is on James Bond from Kapow.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Interesting, had not heard about Bond film.

Pretty sure he mentioned Bond way back when during one of the podcasts for Beatles.

I believe it was mentioned as a dream theme. I’m just speculating and it seems like an expensive license to be done properly covering all eras of Bond and Kapow is the person to do such a thing.

Additionally wasn’t Kapow involved in doing the Bond slot machine?

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    SW's is an amazing game. What a shame so many of u need plastic toys and over done lighting to make a game seem great. I agree with HP and JJP cause, wee u know?

Agree 100%, Stern did a nice job on SW and theme integration is spot on.

If JJP couldn’t get music and video content for Pirates they likely wouldn’t be able to for SW either.
    Star Wars without these would be an epic fail regardless of what else they put in it.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If stern was able to get the assets, jjp could too. The difference is sterns bom hindered the rest of the game on the play field. A jjp SW would look and feel completely different.

I may disagree here, I’m sure a large part of the budget was chewed up with licensing, same can be said for Beatles. They claim most expensive license ever.
    If JJP were to do a Star Wars , Potc, Hobbit or insert any other mega franchise and go all out on video, music, actors, toys and bells and whistles the games would be even more expensive than current JJP games.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I respectfully disagree. Can you really see a jjp sw game with full assets looking similar to what stern made? I mean really? Stern cuts the corner every time whether it’s JP assets, stranger things, tmnt assets, Star Wars play field. The only time they got the assets right in lcd games was Batman 66, and even that was a reskin. If jjp had Star Wars, it would have the same assets as sterns, but the play field would look completely different in a good way.
    And to think jjp can’t get full assets is ridiculous. Wonka, hobbit, woz, gnr. Potc was an anomaly due to a bad contract by a previous employee.
    I would bet my collection that a jjp sw has more assets, and more on the play field compared to sterns.

No I can’t see JJP doing a SW with every asset like you say. Would I like it? Sure, I’m a Star Wars nerd. Just not going to happen, hell there is a ton of speculation that toy story may not even have the real voice work from the movies or the music.
    Until JJP gets a mega theme with full assets I have nothing else to base my opinion on, WOZ and Wonka aren’t exactly what I would consider a high end franchise. I would love to see JJP do a James Bond machine covering all the Bonds but doubt they would do it.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

So if both stern and jjp had announced Star Wars at the same time, you would have been more excited about seeing sterns version? I can’t believe anybody truly feels like sterns SW was the best possible outcome of a SW game that we could get.
    Hobbit at the time was a major license with all assets. Jurassic park is a major one, no assets. Same with stranger things. I agree with bond, and that it won’t happen covering multiple movies.
    I will admit I’m nervous about toy story due to that bad contract was written same time as potc by same employee, but we’ll wait and see. I think TS will surprise us. Either way, I know the play field and pinball experience will be much more detailed on a jjp game than a stern.

Dude, I never said that and it’s such a hypothetical it’s ridiculous.

I mean really, if JJP pre announced they had all the assets sure I would be more excited but there is no way in hell I could see them doing it.

Sterns version is fine, it’s literally has all the video you could want, has all the music and is just a fun game to play. Could it be better? Yes but I think we can say that about any game.

I’ve played Hobbit and didn’t enjoy it despite all the assets, JP fun game with no assets, Strangers Things i know nothing about as a license.

Based on your Toy Story comment, you be ok with a JJP Star Wars with no John Williams soundtrack or any real authentic video content and voices? That isn’t Star Wars in my book.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-is-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.