(Topic ID: 279710)

Harry Potter is the next Kapow game from Stern (Speculation)

By MRG

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 143110 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    F5D3FF48-8C02-468F-ABE3-34D0F20E376E (resized).jpeg
    E05AD2D9-3485-483B-A93C-9B5C304610E5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I think he was joking.

I certainly hope so.

#41 3 years ago

Harry Potter

What is happening here? It makes me so sad.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Wish jjp would also get Star Wars too.

What?
    SW's is an amazing game. What a shame so many of u need plastic toys and over done lighting to make a game seem great. I agree with HP and JJP cause, wee u know?

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

The story is all over the place, and the only toy in the game(hyper loop) is so inconsistent. I like the game, but it was a huge disappointment. The new comic art certainly helped it, but at the asking price, it feels like you’re paying more for movie assets rather than a pinball experience.

Get the Pro. The lighting is there and the loop did nothing for me at all except be in the way. For me its all there with that game. No complaints at all.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

So if both stern and jjp had announced Star Wars at the same time, you would have been more excited about seeing sterns version? I can’t believe anybody truly feels like sterns SW was the best possible outcome of a SW game that we could get.

I kinda do actually. JJP would have made a loaded pin sure but then the speed and flow would have suffered. Part of what makes Stern SW's so great for me is that speed, If u get a Tie F multi going with a Hyperspace Multi and throw in a great mode all going with the Imperial March and great clips in the background? Man that's sheer pinball bliss for me.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Harry Potter is more profitable than most pinball licences. How about we get some of the themes from higher up on this list.

What a sad list that is. With the exception of StarWars and by that I mean oldschool SW's and James Bond the rest is shit. I really don't understand u guys, Yeah most of those giant franchises are catering to children. Who the hell wants that represented in their pinball machines? Ok make the odd one every few yrs 4 family guys, whatever but come on man. Fuckin Pokeman is #1

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

If I remember correctly after the release of Wonka,JJP’s people went back to Disney to get more property for their TS pin?

Wonka and Toy Story, that's just sad.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka is badass!

Said no one ever till today. I want to understand the appeal of these themes to some of u people. Its just, dare I use the word 'Flabbergasting" Toy Story and Harry Potter and TMNT and even the super hero pins.

Wonka plays fine and all but its looks ridiculous and sounds like a toy for toddlers. Oh wait is this cause I'm a manly man who isn't comfortable with his own sexuality? Yep, very uncomfortable with older men being into these themes.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

If you don't like a theme: fine. Mention it once, maybe twice, and we'll know. No, that's incorrect: you, being Hazoff, don't have to mention it at all, and 90% of the regular readers here will know what you'll think of a theme anyway . You have accomplished that, I must say

Nope. I'm gonna keep posting about it. I have to. I want to learn. Here's the thing if I could get one real answer outside of how its my machismo, which is great and I have the moustache right now to prove it then I would probably stop, nah its not gonna stop my assinying posts. nothing will. I like making 40, 50 and 60 somethings think about why they want kiddie themes. And go............

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I find it hard to believe that many people over 60 would enjoy a Pokémon game,

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want a Pokeman game.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

No reason for guys to bash themes

Yeah there is, there's plenty of reasons to bash themes.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Wow there are so many manly big men here. They are even more manly since they dont like Harry Potter! Give me a break. People like what they like.

Im 39 and would buy a HP pin on the spot. Not only do I love HP but my children do as well and we would enjoy it together. To me I could give to shits about a led zepplin theme or many others some folks are clammering for. I liked big trouble in little china for sure but HP is infinitely better in my mind for pinball. What I dont do is reply to those posts calling them Old for wanting such themes.

Anyways the more diverse themes we get will bring more people into the hobby which will mean we get more new machines.

Thanks for that.

And ur exactly right, it 100% makes a man more manly if he isn't into HP. Jesus its worse than I thought around here.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Charles Bukowski novels

Well I'm a fan and might enjoy a Barfly pin. I can't disagree with the fact the HP would make a great pin for fans of that franchise. All the elements are there, its just not for me and its surprising given the age of the vast majority of pinball machine buyers that its even on the radar. I mean who wouldn't prefer a new Terminator pin based solely on the 84' film from Stern or JJP over HP, obviously I know there are some people but there has to be much more demand for T1 or T2 or a combo. How is it that TMNT is made over Blade runner and Wonka gets made over The Road Warrior. It just makes me sad. I'm not even knocking the theme cause theres plenty I want that most buyers would not be interested in. I'd love to hear some reasons for these recent theme choices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-is-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.