(Topic ID: 279710)

Harry Potter is the next Kapow game from Stern (Speculation)

By MRG

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 143110 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    F5D3FF48-8C02-468F-ABE3-34D0F20E376E (resized).jpeg
    E05AD2D9-3485-483B-A93C-9B5C304610E5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718?t=03h00m26s

He alludes to it around 3:03 and then is quite a bit more direct at 4:06 on the nose.

Discuss....

#2 3 years ago

I think he was joking.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I think he was joking.

I certainly hope so.

#4 3 years ago

This is the same way Joe announced the Beatles game. You have to look at Gary's smirk at the end.

#5 3 years ago

You may want a bit more "speculation" in the title and a lot less "certainty".

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

You may want a bit more "speculation" in the title and a lot less "certainty".

But harry-potter-is-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern gets more attention than is-harry-potter-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern

#7 3 years ago

Not a theme I particularly care about, but my wife would probably make me buy it.

#9 3 years ago

Class A trolling right there, nice job Kaminkow

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

My thoughts exactly. Just like Jody wearing a Jaws hat during the Heavy Metal gameplay stream.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I knew a fake brake was coming to slow down the competition roll!

#12 3 years ago

Nope not. Pinball needs more current adult themes. Not going back years to kid movie themes.

#13 3 years ago

I'd be super interested in a Harry Potter game since I really loved those books as a kid. My wife would probably make me get an LE regardless of how good or bad it was.

#14 3 years ago

Harry Potter got my youngest son reading for fun and he still does!

#15 3 years ago

Hmm. I definitely didn't see this coming. If it is real, it could be cool. It would also likely be expensive.

#16 3 years ago

Kapow just means plus +$5000? Right?
    If this is truly the case its a shame.
    Would much rather had this been a JJP title.

#17 3 years ago

I hope this is real, because i have no more money and i could do with a theme that i couldn't care less about...

#18 3 years ago

Harry Potter doesn’t scream high action fun. And that’s how I like my Sterns.

Agreed that this title belongs squarely in the JJP camp. But kinda excited to see the backlash if true!

#19 3 years ago

So he says it in the context of Batman 66 or Beatles, so is he alluding to limited number reskin of an old playfield design with modifications sold at a premium price?

Apologies if that is what a 'Kapow game' is. I could easily convince my wife to get a Harry Potter Pro to expand past our 3 machine limit, but if its gonna be like 66 or Beatles there's no chance.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

So he says it in the context of Batman 66 or Beatles, so is he alluding to limited number reskin of an old playfield design with modifications sold at a premium price?
    Apologies if that is what a 'Kapow game' is. I could easily convince my wife to get a Harry Potter Pro to expand past our 3 machine limit, but if its gonna be like 66 or Beatles there's no chance.

Probably original like Elvira. Still not convinced this is actually happening.

#21 3 years ago

Lottsa dudes blaming the wife for this purchase, seems suspect!

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Lottsa dudes blaming the wife for this purchase, seems suspect!

The nostalgia I have from getting that first book at 8 years old would definitely fuel me purchasing it, and my wife would most certainly encourage getting a Harry Potter game since she's in love with the movies.

#23 3 years ago

Which game will be next, Harry Potter or Led Zeppelin?

#24 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is actually happening, so that

#25 3 years ago

I thought Bond was going to be the next Kapow.

#26 3 years ago

Now that the shine is off of JK Rowling’s apple maybe she feels a little different about the evils of pinball, lol.

#27 3 years ago

I hope it’s true so the recent titles released I’m actually interested in begin to hit the marketplace.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Led Zeppelin is actually happening, so that

Hope so. Any idea when?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope so. Any idea when?

I’m ready and hopefully they announce soon, if not might need to buy GNR.

Nothing leaked from SR on last nights virtual expo show with him?

#30 3 years ago

Joe K mentioned tricks up their sleeve....
    Probably toying with us.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope so. Any idea when?

I’d wager around the first two weeks of November based on Sterns historic release dates

#32 3 years ago

I'd love a Harry Potter Pin, but honestly I think this is about the worst timing for a launch they could have. Aren't they pretty backed up on the line already? I'd wait until I was caught up before releasing something like this... and wait until their customer refilled their war chests.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Joe K mentioned tricks up their sleeve....
    Probably toying with us.

My money is on James Bond from Kapow.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’d wager around the first two weeks of November based on Sterns historic release dates

Fingers crossed. I committed to first le for us on a zepp

#35 3 years ago

Now I know how you older gentlemen feel when stern makes another rock pin. I would have to buy this just for the theme alone. I'm really enjoying that stern is making themes more relevant to me (tmnt, avengers, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter if it happens)

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

My money is on James Bond from Kapow.

Interesting, had not heard about Bond film.

#37 3 years ago

It's Kapow Killer Klowns From Outer Space... perfect time for Halloween!

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Interesting, had not heard about Bond film.

Pretty sure he mentioned Bond way back when during one of the podcasts for Beatles.

I believe it was mentioned as a dream theme. I’m just speculating and it seems like an expensive license to be done properly covering all eras of Bond and Kapow is the person to do such a thing.

Additionally wasn’t Kapow involved in doing the Bond slot machine?

#39 3 years ago

I’d rather have no game be made than to watch Stern mutilate the Harry Potter license.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Now that the shine is off of JK Rowling’s apple maybe she feels a little different about the evils of pinball, lol.

Maybe;maybe, :thinking:But,I bet not

#41 3 years ago

Harry Potter

What is happening here? It makes me so sad.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I’d rather have no game be made than to watch Stern mutilate the Harry Potter license.

This^^

Only jjp would do HP justice. A jjp HP would be an instant buy. Wish jjp would also get Star Wars too.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Wish jjp would also get Star Wars too.

What?
    SW's is an amazing game. What a shame so many of u need plastic toys and over done lighting to make a game seem great. I agree with HP and JJP cause, wee u know?

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    SW's is an amazing game. What a shame so many of u need plastic toys and over done lighting to make a game seem great. I agree with HP and JJP cause, wee u know?

Agree 100%, Stern did a nice job on SW and theme integration is spot on.

If JJP couldn’t get music and video content for Pirates they likely wouldn’t be able to for SW either.
    Star Wars without these would be an epic fail regardless of what else they put in it.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?

I actually really like Star Wars and still consider getting one. My problem with it was it’s basically just relying on the video and sound. There’s no reason magnets shouldn’t have been used like the force. The story is all over the place, and the only toy in the game(hyper loop) is so inconsistent. I like the game, but it was a huge disappointment. The new comic art certainly helped it, but at the asking price, it feels like you’re paying more for movie assets rather than a pinball experience.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Agree 100%, Stern did a nice job on SW and theme integration is spot on.
    If JJP couldn’t get music and video content for Pirates they likely wouldn’t be able to for SW either.
    Star Wars without these would be an epic fail regardless of what else they put in it.

If stern was able to get the assets, jjp could too. The difference is sterns bom hindered the rest of the game on the play field. A jjp SW would look and feel completely different.

#47 3 years ago

Harry Kapow? Never heard of it... But it sounds like a good rogue cop movie.

#48 3 years ago

Please no harry potter. Stranger things by bad enuff

#49 3 years ago

Talk about Stern butchering Harry Pooter? Well most def if its another reskin.

How would JJP do it with no assets like POTC? I don't think so.

The GNR experience with Slash and ALL of the band assets is never happening again.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If stern was able to get the assets, jjp could too. The difference is sterns bom hindered the rest of the game on the play field. A jjp SW would look and feel completely different.

I may disagree here, I’m sure a large part of the budget was chewed up with licensing, same can be said for Beatles. They claim most expensive license ever.
    If JJP were to do a Star Wars , Potc, Hobbit or insert any other mega franchise and go all out on video, music, actors, toys and bells and whistles the games would be even more expensive than current JJP games.

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-is-the-next-kapow-game-from-stern?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.