(Topic ID: 98093)

Harry Potter in JJP's future?

By Rockytop

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4AD5EDA7-4D38-49C4-86D0-7A9701C81468 (resized).jpeg
    26jxot (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    18783818-8C51-411E-800D-D3C06CE43963 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    anakinonetear.png
    images.jpeg
    0.JPG
    not_rumor.jpg
    bow-and-arrow-game-amazing-style.jpg
    image-210.jpg
    th-595.jpeg
    There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 9 years ago

I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but a prominent pinball guy in Nashville, who has connections at Warner Brothers, said that JJP had acquired the Harry Potter license. Of course this doesn't mean the game will be made anytime soon or anything, and it's not a guarantee the game will be made at all, but I can't imagine them sitting on a license like this for long.

#3 9 years ago

I hope that's true! I think JJP would do a great job with a Harry Potter pin. There's a ton of content to work with that would allow for an extremely deep ruleset. I'm sure JJP would also put a lot of unique features and toys in the game too.

#4 9 years ago

About 5 years too late on that theme.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

WOZ says hello...

#6 9 years ago

WOZ, Hobbit and Harry Potter. Perfect.

Keep that crap .

#7 9 years ago

WOZ is retro. HP isn't old enough to be retro yet.

#8 9 years ago

HP has an absolutely massive worldwide audience. (Did you see the recent television program on the creation of the second HP park at Universal? It cost a small fortune to build, but it is a safe bet.) A HP pin ought to bring people into the hobby who would never consider it otherwise. I realize that would be only a tiny minority of the HP crowd, but even a tiny minority of that group is significant.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Keep that crap .

Some people would like to see it so be nice.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

HP has an absolutely massive worldwide audience. (Did you see the recent television program on the recent creation of the second HP park at Universal?) A HP pin ought to bring people into the hobby who would never consider it otherwise. I realize that would be only a tiny minority of the HP crowd, but even a tiny minority of that group is significant.

Yeah...there's a whole generation that grew up as Harry Potter kids. Harry Potter is huge.

--Luke

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

HP has an absolutely massive worldwide audience. (Did you see the recent television program on the creation of the second HP park at Universal?) A HP pin ought to bring people into the hobby who would never consider it otherwise. I realize that would be only a tiny minority of the HP crowd, but even a tiny minority of that group is significant.

Yup, can't argue with that.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Keep that crap .

That "crap" represents some of the highest grossing films of all time and very popular books that the films are based upon.

#13 9 years ago

I am way, way too old to have grown up reading Harry Potter, but millions did (including my own kids) and are attached to it like nothing else. I would not underestimate the value of that franchise.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I am way, way too old to have grown up reading Harry Potter, but millions did (including my own kids) and are attached to it like nothing else. I would not underestimate the value of that franchise.

I didn't underestimate. I estimated. And I'm right.

#15 9 years ago

Think of how late it would actually be if it's game #4. Oy.

#16 9 years ago

You can keep Harry Potter, but Emma is looking pretty hot these days.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Think of how late it would actually be if it's game #4. Oy.

Who knows? HP could be retro cool by then! LOL!

#18 9 years ago

I didn't underestimate. I estimated. And I'm right.

Proof would be in the pudding. For now we'll just agree to disagree.

#19 9 years ago

Universal Studios doesn't think so with opening the Wizarding World of Harry Potter several years ago and just opening a whole new area to it this month. They wouldn't haven't invested nearly $500 million in the park alone if the theme was old. Harry Potter is still extremely popular, the films are some of the highest grossing ever and the books are still very popular. One day the books and films will be considered classics.

Perfect theme for a pin.

#20 9 years ago

And about 45 years too late for star trek.

#21 9 years ago

Several of the HP movies have scenes filmed at my Oxford college. (The dining hall is, up to a point, a direct copy.) Every time I go back, there are busloads of kids and young adults showing up for HP tours. It's an amazing phenomenon.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

And about 45 years too late for Star Trek.

Nope. New movies.

#23 9 years ago

Yeah, dont think so:

Announced movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3183660/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

#24 9 years ago

I hope it takes a while for him to make it, but I am in for a LE

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Universal Studios doesn't think so with opening the Wizarding World of Harry Potter several years ago and just opening a whole new area to it this month. They wouldn't haven't invested nearly $500 million in the park alone if the theme was old. Harry Potter is still extremely popular, the films are some of the highest grossing ever and the books are still very popular. One day the books and films will be considered classics.
    Perfect theme for a pin.

Kids don't have 8K to drop on a pin.

You are talking about two completely different licensing opportunities.

#27 9 years ago

Don't think what?

What you see there is a new movie scheduled for release that would be a prequal harrypotter based off this book: http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Beasts-Where-Find-Them/dp/1408803011

#28 9 years ago

My son, who is 25, read all of the HP books. By the time such a pin actually showed up, he'd be around 30. The timing isn't perfect (it would be better five years later, I suspect), but it's not as bad as you might think.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

What you see there is a new movie scheduled for release that would be a prequal harrypotter

Yeah....HP that's not. Good luck with that.

#30 9 years ago

Keep on fantasizing........

#31 9 years ago

Yeah....HP that's not. Good luck with that

It is set in the same Harry Potter universe. Are you trying to claim that if a movie doesn't have Hans Solo or Luke Skywalker it isn't a Star Wars movie, even if it is in the same universe?

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

By the time such a pin actually showed up, he'd be around 30. .

About the age where one could afford to buy new pins - sounds like perfect timing!

#33 9 years ago

Yeah....HP that's not. Good luck with that.

Haha well it will gross a ton of money just having JK rowling attached to it, so I think you are very wrong about it not being relevant.

There are two other books in the set other than Fantastic beasts and were to find them, so it could turn into another trilogy if they'd like.

#34 9 years ago

Like Craig said there are people (in my opinion a ton) that grew up with the Harry Potter books / films and are now at the age to buy a pinball machine or at least will be by the time the game would be released. Also, I know a lot of adults that read the books.

Kids are not the only ones enjoying the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

About the age where one could afford to buy new pins - sounds like perfect timing!

Yes, there are in fact quite a number of people on Pinside in that age group. How they manage to buy pins, I don't know. I couldn't have done it.

#36 9 years ago

My kids love HP. I would buy one just to get them interested in Pinball. Gotta pass the torch.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #38 9 years ago

Well of course not, the same as they don't have the money to go to a $500 million dollar Harry Potter theme park but their parents do and how many parents want to keep their kids happy and get them into pins. Sounds like a great title to me for getting an entire generation into pinball. Just look at how many of us remember pins of our youth, well the same could be said for this generation and Harry Potter.

#39 9 years ago

One of Stern's best, Metallica, is about two decades too late, but it's still a great game that sold well.

AC/DC I'm not a fan of, but same thing.

#40 9 years ago

Ops? Depending on where you're at in the country, playing in the wild is an equal part of the market. Maybe more if the theme brings in the quarters.

#41 9 years ago

I really want a HP pin to happen. But I would really have to hold of paying until I saw the game in person and could judge then if it was good.

#42 9 years ago

No. But this is a theme that could get them to drop lots of their parent's money on location.

I think it's a perfect fit for pinball and a perfect fit for the types of pins JJP is making. Plus my wife would probably buy one herself. I hope it happens.

#43 9 years ago

I will be 35 Saturday and I have read the HP books multiple times, my wife is also a huge harry potter fan and this is a pin that would easily be Wife APPROVED! It makes sense for JJP to have pins based on movies since they are using an LCD, if they didnt they would have to film/animate everything from scratch which would cost a fortune. I would say other than Star Wars/Star Trek, Harry Potter has about the most crossover appeal of any license out there. Just because you personally didnt read the books or enjoy the films its crazy to think others wouldnt jump on this in a heartbeat.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

And about 45 years too late for Star Trek.

For Kirk yes for Star Trek no.

#45 9 years ago

If Harry Potter is after the Hobbit then you will never see a non license game out of JJP.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

If Harry Potter is after the Hobbit then you will never see a non license game out of JJP.

Pat's game is #3 and is an original theme.

#47 9 years ago

I think HP would be an awesome theme for a pin. So much content to pull from and make interesting modes + toys. Fighting dementors, finding horcruxes, playing quidditch...the list goes on and on.

#48 9 years ago

Dam I was hoping for Titanic. It's ranked no 2 in highest grossing films so should be before any Harry Potter.

#49 9 years ago

It's been stated many times in the past that Rowling won't allow a license for HP. Can't imagine it happening unless she's changed her mind.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

It's been stated many times in the past that Rowling won't allow a license for HP. Can't imagine it happening unless she's changed her mind.

She won't allow a license specifically for a pin? Why not? There's HP Lego, video games, and lots of other stuff.

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-in-jjps-future?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.