(Topic ID: 98093)

Harry Potter in JJP's future?

By Rockytop

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4AD5EDA7-4D38-49C4-86D0-7A9701C81468 (resized).jpeg
    26jxot (resized).jpg
    bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg
    18783818-8C51-411E-800D-D3C06CE43963 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    anakinonetear.png
    images.jpeg
    0.JPG
    not_rumor.jpg
    bow-and-arrow-game-amazing-style.jpg
    image-210.jpg
    th-595.jpeg
    There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 8 years ago
    Quoted from goldant:

Googling has not availed me. What are "dished inserts"?

Ones that have sunk below the level of the playfield in the center. Like a dinner plate.

#302 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

How could you sleep through Batman V Superman? That was a action packed flick. I liked it way more than the first one.

I'm sorry, when I realized that the reason they loved each other was they had moms with the same first names........I laughed so hard apparently it made me tired and thus dozed off!

#303 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I had my WoZ for a year and never put that many games on it so everything worked fine. After a huge piece of ink chipped off I didn't give a shit about it getting beat up so I let it go to the Houston show where all kinds of shit went wrong and had to be fixed. As far as the replacement PF I called Jack personally and told him what happened and he said " its a pinball machine, What do you expect? What do you want me to do about it?" I said the least he cold do would be to send me a PF. He said he would but I had to remind him a couple times and then when I got it it was a crap one with dished inserts. The other thing that bugs me about JJP is that he has your money and makes all kinds of promises and they don't happen. WoZ was 2 years late or more and TH is too and Jack refuses to let anyone know what is going on. Lloyed is a great guy but he works for Jack and can only do what he is allowed to do. When I give $6500- 8000 for a pinball machine I don't want some chicken shit mylar sticker to go over the spot where the ink chipped off the PF with less than 200 games on it.

If I recall, there was another one on here that had a hard timing getting a replacement playfield. Taylor VA. Not sure if he ever got one or not. The service is 90% positive and 10% negative it would seem. You can see where some people had to start a thread on here just to get their ticket looked at. Then there is some that got sent a worse condition playfield then the one that they had, or sent stickers to hide the damage. Jack said a lot of things that never became truth. Maybe you should try and contact the investors, or atleast bring the playfield issue to their attention. They have a good bit of stake in the company now.

#304 8 years ago

Guess she was a big fan of Fiorello LaGuardia

#305 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm sorry, when I realized that the reason they loved each other was they had moms with the same first names........I laughed so hard apparently it made me tired and thus dozed off!

That's just funny and I have to say I though that was a pretty weak reason to Stop trying to kill someone. But, I guess it was a opportunity to stop and realize that they both had been manipulated. It is a movie taken from a comic book so it isn't a thinking mans movie and Im sure you are a very smart man or you would not be where you are in life. Not that that means you wouldn't appreciate a movie made purely for the sake of entertainment value but whatever. I watch for what they are and because I was a comic book geek when I was a kid.
    Take care

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

If kids cared about pinball, this would be a hit...I suppose parents will buy it to try and lure their kids in to pinball. Whomping Willow ball grab would be cool.

Maybe 10-15 years ago. You realize the last book came out in 2007 and the last movie in 2011, right? And the later books/movies were targeted more towards teens than kids? The kids who were into Harry Potter when they were kids are all in their 20s-30s now.

#307 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It is a movie taken from a comic book so it isn't a thinking mans movie

Don't be so quick to knock comic books...

Hell, compared to some of the absolute DRIVEL I've seen from Hollweird, I'd stack up the story and character development put into some "comics/graphic novels against much of mainstream hollywood crap.

V for Vendetta
    Watchmen
    From Hell

Damn, if those aren't "thinking mans" stories, Im not sure what IS.

#308 8 years ago

Come on, escape from LA was a cerebral experience. You're right of course but I meant " in general". I tend to like action and movies that are so far from being realistic or even remotely possible that it isn't funny.

#309 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hahahahah, Ice, I just slept through Batman vrs Superman last night. Holy directing Batman

I went on Sunday. Despite the action it's a shame what they did on that one!

Setting up for a SM rise from the grave sequel $$$ grab

#310 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I went on Sunday. Despite the action it's a shame what they did on that one!
    Setting up for a SM rise from the grave sequel $$$ grab

Yea, in about three years, they are about as fast making their movies as JJP is making their pins.

#311 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Yea, in about three years, they are about as fast making their movies as JJP is making their pins.

Making movies easy, making pinball hard!

#312 8 years ago

Seriously though, I admit, I for one never got into Harry Potter for some reason but for those who think this isn't a huge franchise up with the best of them......

#313 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Seriously though, I admit, I for one never got into Harry Potter for some reason but for those who think this isn't a huge franchise up with the best of them......

True this would be a hit, but it wouldn't "bring in kids" like somebody said.

You want to bring in kids, get Minecraft as a license.

#314 8 years ago

Yes,but my step daughter having Minecraft posters all over bedroom walls is a bit much,good creative fun game tho.
    Mike

#315 8 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

True this would be a hit, but it wouldn't "bring in kids" like somebody said.
    You want to bring in kids, get Minecraft as a license.

"Bring kids in"?

Frankly, I don't see any pinball title accomplishing that...

2 weeks later
    #316 8 years ago

Project Pinball video in the news: http://wncn.com/2016/04/12/pinball-machine-donated-to-unc-childrens-hospital/

@1:25: "Unfortunately for this group of players there is one downside." Kid: "The bad thing is... they won't make a Harry Potter version."

#317 8 years ago

Ehhh still not from the horses mouth..... But I've given up 90% of my hope for one

#318 8 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

Maybe 10-15 years ago. You realize the last book came out in 2007 and the last movie in 2011, right? And the later books/movies were targeted more towards teens than kids? The kids who were into Harry Potter when they were kids are all in their 20s-30s now.

You are overlooking a few salient details:

1. Harry Potter is more contemporary than most pinball titles released in the past 10-15 years. Go ahead and look... even GOT was first published 1 year before Sorcerer's Stone.

2. Universal Studios has built two Harry Potter theme parks since then, one just opened *this* year in CA.

3. Audible had 500 searches per day for Harry Potter books before finally carrying them just this past November, and sold 1 million copies in the first 4 months. It's their fastest mark to 1 million sales of any title/series in their history (8300 customers/day). 8300 would be a strong sales number for any modern pinball title.

I know a lot more adults that have read the series than kids, and Rowling's Potter spinoff "Fantastic Beast" series is in full blown production, movies and books coming this year with more planned releases through at least 2020. Is there ANY theme more relevant and marketable today than the world of Harry Potter besides Star Wars?

#319 8 years ago

Also the Universal S park in FL, expanded their initial HP park.....it is huge now I hear.

Just saw the trailer for Fantastic Beast at Dead Pool. Not too sure what to think of it, but I'm all for it. I still need the few extra books she wrote.

#320 8 years ago

A Harry Potter pin would be the TAF of the 21st century!

#321 8 years ago

As someone who lives in Central Florida, I can tell you for certain that Harry Potter is still HUGE with all ages. If you wonder if it's a license that will "draw in kids", check the stats on theme park souvenir wand sales to kids. If anything would accomplish that task, Potter is as good a bet as ANY!

1 year later
    #322 6 years ago

any new rumors of this?!?!?!

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

any new rumors of this?!?!?!

I sure hope it happens

#324 6 years ago

OK,Sorry to end this thread,BUT,as I have already posted on HP pins,Ms Rawlings will not give her permission for a HP pin!!! Period!!! She does not approve of the places where pinballs are played!! This is her exact words !! This ends this thread!!! Good night Ms Magilicuty,where ever you are!!!

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Ms Rawlings will not give her permission for a HP pin!!! Period!!!

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,Sorry to end this thread,BUT,as I have already posted on HP pins,Ms Rawlings will not give her permission for a HP pin!!! Period!!! She does not approve of the places where pinballs are played!! This is her exact words !! This ends this thread!!! Good night Ms Magilicuty,where ever you are!!!

Her name is really Jane umbridge.

18783818-8C51-411E-800D-D3C06CE43963 (resized).jpeg18783818-8C51-411E-800D-D3C06CE43963 (resized).jpeg

#327 6 years ago

Who cares!!!

#328 6 years ago

So your saying there's a chance?

#329 6 years ago

Sheesh! Just come up with an original Boy Wizard pin and call it a day.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh! Just come up with an original Boy Wizard pin and call it a day.

Licenses do so well because of attachment. That's not news. Wizard boy would sell about 1/100th as much as OMG HARRY POTTER.

#331 6 years ago

...you're probably right....

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Licenses do so well because of attachment.

As do crabs and other lice.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As do crabs and other lice.

Great. Now I'm itchy.

#334 6 years ago

Itchy.. Tasty..

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

She does not approve of the places where pinballs are played!!

Like the theaters that show her kiddie movies?

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like the theaters that show her kiddie movies?

she is making assumptions that "Bars that serve alcohol" are the only places that have pinball. From my understanding she is against drinking or something with bars.

#337 6 years ago

So is this happening, has anybody heard anymore rumors??

There's a new HP app coming soon, if stuff like this gets the JKR green light an authentic experience by JJP must be a given!

http://www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

So is this happening, has anybody heard anymore rumors??
    There's a new HP app coming soon, if stuff like this gets the JKR green light an authentic experience by JJP must be a given!
    http://www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/

I feel like if JJP could show her WOZ, hobbit etc and how HP could be done, there is a chance???

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I feel like if JJP could show her WOZ, hobbit etc and how HP could be done, there is a chance???

I don't believe the story has relevance today. So the only rational explanation for her continued refusal .... is that nobody has shown her the money. She obviously licenses the HP images for everything, so I am thinking a good fastball by Jack and he can make Harry Potter a pinball for all eternity.

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So the only rational explanation for her continued refusal .... is that nobody has shown her the money.

Gotta wonder how much monies it would take to change a 'billionaires' mind. JJp cant even get assets from Johnny Depps drunk ass.

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

she is making assumptions that "Bars that serve alcohol" are the only places that have pinball. From my understanding she is against drinking or something with bars.

Well, if she has something against drinking while playing pinball, then she's barred anyway.

#342 6 years ago

The HP universe is still very relevant. Did you guys see the latest trailer for Fantastic Beasts 2. The wizarding world she created is still extremely popular, maybe even more so as people who grew up with it are now introducing it to their kids.

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

The HP universe is still very relevant. Did you guys see the latest trailer for Fantastic Beasts 2. The wizarding world she created is still extremely popular, maybe even more so as people who grew up with it are now introducing it to their kids.

Universal Studios Orlando would agree with you!

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

The HP universe is still very relevant. Did you guys see the latest trailer for Fantastic Beasts 2.

No

Quoted from Jaeg:

Universal Studios Orlando would agree with you!

Yeah, and Disneyland still has a popular Dumbo ride that's on it's third makeover.

#345 6 years ago

bfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpgbfcba5213f410692b0aadd83d68c6116346560ba (resized).jpg

#346 6 years ago

"Obliviate!!!!!"

...waits...

"Hey JK, please can JJP make a Potter pinball extravaganza?"

(for the fans...)

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

I love HP but could not even finish fantastic beasts movie. Did not like it.

#348 6 years ago

JK Rowling was dragged around to bars by her drunk dad, and thus hates the pinball machines associated with that.

Cassandra Peterson was dragged around to bars by her drunk dad, and grew to love pinball machines because of it.

Guess it goes beyond "nature or nurture"....

#349 6 years ago

26jxot (resized).jpg26jxot (resized).jpg

3 years later
    #350 2 years ago

What are Jersey Jack waiting for ?

HURRY UP! Make Harry Potter NOW!!!

4AD5EDA7-4D38-49C4-86D0-7A9701C81468 (resized).jpeg4AD5EDA7-4D38-49C4-86D0-7A9701C81468 (resized).jpeg
    There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harry-potter-in-jjps-future/page/7?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.