Harley Davidson what is a right price for this game,and other question

By rtotans

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is Harley Davidson as bad as the comments? Also, what is a good price for one? Then last but not least.... Is there a difference between Harley Davidson/ Harley Davidson collectors edition? It's just by Stern, right? As always thanks for the help. I always appreciate it.

#2 6 years ago

I own a first run(sega) and a 2nd addition chrome(stern).They made an older bally version and then the 1st,2nd,3rd edition sega/sterns.I like them,This title seems to be generally unliked in the pin community but I have owned and operated mine in public with success.In bar locations the title always grabs attention.Home use players may find a lack of depth in the games ruleset but casual players have always liked mine.I like the video mode and the shaker motor with the harley motor sound is great!As far as price goes,I paid around 2000 for my 1st edition that is super cherry condition recently and paid 2300 for my 2nd edition chrome a few years ago.

#3 6 years ago

As someone that purchased there first HD back in 1979, Harley is a pin I really wanted to like/own. The first HD pin was the 1991 Bally. I have never seen or played this pin. The Sega/Stern Harley of 1999/2000 was produced during a period of astronomical HD motorcycle demand. Weak design & even weaker gameplay didn't seem to matter as long as the pin incorporated the HD sound, had the HD images & references to Sturgis. The 2003 3Rd edition is a reskin of the earlier version, brought to market for Harley's 100th anniversary.
Over time, the Harley pin demand is driven by wealthy HD motorcycle owners, seeking yet another HD accessory. I would guess the pin does pretty good on route.

As a Harley owner & somewhat serious pinhead, I see the Harley pins as a disappointment. They could have done so much with the theme, and did so little.

#4 6 years ago

Yeah, this pin probably takes the cake for how many times it had been re-run (not even including the Bally one probably). I wonder if each addition has a different pricing amount than the others due to age, production numbers, or possible changes.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

The first HD pin was the 1991 Bally. I have never seen or played this pin.

Either have I,but I'd like to have one.The playfield is straight out of the Bally 82' era. Spinners,drops,reverse inlanes and multiball with a cool looking orbit shot which has to be achieved,bit like the orbits on AFM I suppose.

The backglass could've been better,but it's a nice all round looking game with a solid theme.You wouldn't think Bally's Harley Davidson was released in the same year as Funhouse.

#6 6 years ago

The Bally Model, was a release that was intentionally scaled down, as Bally was trying too meet a customer(route operators) demand for a cheaper unit. This was done with maybe 3 titles, at that time.

#7 6 years ago

Is 2000 a good deal?

#8 6 years ago

Pinside says around 3000 , is the hat accurate?

#9 6 years ago

Pinside says around $3000-3500 is that accurate

#10 6 years ago

"I think that Pinside says around $3000-3500 is that accurate?".Thats high to me,Different parts of the country can vary and pricing on used pins of this era have climbed a bit but I still just think essentially its a 2k pin.Even if you had a tricked out to the max example(led,etc) I would have a tough time going 3k myself.I'm hoping colordmd eventually does this one just so I can play the video mode in color!

#11 6 years ago

I found one here in Panama and we've enjoyed it. It's not deep and not difficult, just fun. It's made to sit in a bar and collect money based on theme alone and it does this well. As far a I can tell it's about $2k for a first edition, $3k for a second edition and $4k for a 3rd edition. All things considered equal on nice condition machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harley-davidson-what-is-a-right-price-for-this-gameand-other-question?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.