(Topic ID: 302135)

Harley Davidson Pinball Motorcycle Lifting ?

By Conrad

46 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Conrad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211015_153805 (resized).jpg

#1 46 days ago

Hello everyone,

I acquired a Harley Davidson edition 2 by Stern. It has the upgraded roms to edition 3. The whole machine is like brand new with zero wear on the playfield. The only issue I have noticed playing it a few times is the motorcycle lifting up and down not centered. It comes down on on the left side of the playfield. I know its going to wear on it if I don't get it adjusted. I looked at the rotating motor under the playfield. It appears it would have some kind of a washer, or plastic washer on it? Anyone have a machine they can look at to tell me? Measurements of it if it had one? Otherwise I will just have to start playing with some kind of washers to try out on it.

Thank you

Conrad

#2 45 days ago

Mine was similar. I don't have original hardware there as I rebuilt mine DIY when I thought it might be binding but actually turned out to be the motor, which I had to replace. To get mine straight I just put my hands on both sides of the entire lift assembly mechanism and bent it slightly to the right. Also make sure the top plate of the kick out through under the bike is sitting so the bike comes down flush with the playfield, but don't bend it down too far or balls will jump up there and get wedged between the bike and the trough.

I added a thick nylon washer to take up the "slop" in the motor shaft (large white washer in the pic)

20211015_153805 (resized).jpg
#3 42 days ago

Yeah that white washer is what I was looking at, mine doesn't have anything there, so there is slop which causes the bike to lift and come down incorrectly. I will have to play with those. Thank you for responding and giving me an idea of what works.

Conrad

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside