1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I am currently working on a Harlem globe trotter pinball and the pop bumper solenoid randomly locks on and blows the fuse. It can either blow when the machine is turned on or after 2 - 3 hrs.

The pop bumper also has locked in attract mode approximately 15mins after the last game. All coils look to have the correct resistance and I cannot find any shorts.

Has anyone seen this before and have any advice on what I should be looking at. All the transistor on the driver board is ok and test correctly.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

Always the same pop or different ones? Do you have another SDB to swap in to test? Does it consistently do it I know the time is variable but does it always do it?

It is always the same pop number. It will always do it. It may happen within minutes or an hour but will always do it.

I haven’t got a spare SDB board although I was thinking of finding one to test so I can narrow it down to a board issue or something else.

It is like something is starting to fail although has not yet failed completely.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

If you have spare tip 102 maybe just replace that one even though it tested good... The test isn't hundred percent accurate on saying it's good. It's very accurate when it's shorted.

Think I will do that and see what happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters-pinball-random-pop-bumper-lock?tu=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.