• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
Harlem-Globetrotters-30 (resized).jpg
Harlem-Globetrotters-21 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I am getting ready to work on the lights on my HG and I want to order some light sockets to have on-hand as I'm sure some are bad considering how bad Bally's sockets were in this era. I checked the manual but didn't see any part description or numbers for the sockets.

Are these the correct ones for the feature lights: https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=E-120-127%20

Are these the GI lamp sockets: https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=E-120-19

Does anyone know which ones for backbox?

#2 4 years ago

Going to try and place an order for some parts for HG today. Anyone able to confirm if the parts above or correct or not?

#3 4 years ago

I am getting ready to do a shop job and am also looking for the part number for the red posts. For the plastic hold downs, did this game have the nylon hex nuts or push down rubber caps? My game currently has both.

Is there a parts list or something I am missing? The manual doesn't have listings for a lot of the parts I need to get.

#6 4 years ago

I could have sworn mine were smooth but maybe I looked at them wrong or someone swapped them out at some point. I think you are right with the ones above because I found this picture on ipdb and the post is faceted! https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1125&picno=66013

I'm at work and even if I was home I don't have the game torn down to tell how many tall or shorts I need. Do you know or where I could look? Once again, the manual seems to really suck for parts reference and quantity.

I have wanted one of these games for a while and when a decent one popped up locally I grabbed it!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

It's been a few years since I owned one but it's mostly talls if I recall correctly. Maybe 30 posts altogether on the game. But I would measure before you order, you can do so on almost all the posts without tearing anything down.

I counted around 30 posts also last night; was going to order 32 to be sure, but didn't think to measure them.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I can check for you when I get home. If I recall the acorn nuts were round nylon (basketball) shaped. Will double check

If you think you will be home soon and can check cool, if not I can check when I get home tonight. I just looked at the factory flyer; the plastic hold nuts appear to have been the hex nylon nuts.

#12 4 years ago

Yep, finned for sure; mine must have been swapped out somewhere along the line. My game has a mix of push nuts and nylon but I think I like the nylon better and that's what was in the original flyer so that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks for looking up the pics and posting them!

#14 4 years ago

That's a great idea to make a diagram showing which posts are what height! I'll be using that idea when I shop the game.

I took some measurements last nights on random posts and about 3 out of every 4 were 1 3/16" tall with 1 of 4 being 1"

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Could you be so kind as to share where you found some of the 1” variety. I just counted mine last night and counted 34 posts. I couldn’t find a single 1”. All were tall

I could have mis-measured since the plastics were on but I'm pretty sure I didn't. The ones I noticed were around the drop target area but I will document when I take it apart.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Also, look for this “special” red post on your machine. Left orbit spinner, left side. Never knew about this but that very same post is on my game. Too cool
https://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/redpost/redpost.html

I saw that post last night and was thinking "why is that there?" lol I do remember reading that years ago as his trademark but had forgotten.

#21 4 years ago

I'm not sure the posts are in the proper place on mine but the plain red post was in the right place so maybe the others are right, heck it may have never been taken apart for a thorough shop job and that wouldn't surprise me from some of the stuff I have seen on this game but you never really know what kind of a life a game has had, especially one this old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters-lamp-sockets?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.