Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Harlem-Globetrotters-30 (resized).jpg
Harlem-Globetrotters-21 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I am getting ready to work on the lights on my HG and I want to order some light sockets to have on-hand as I'm sure some are bad considering how bad Bally's sockets were in this era. I checked the manual but didn't see any part description or numbers for the sockets.

Are these the correct ones for the feature lights: https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=E-120-127%20

Are these the GI lamp sockets: https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=E-120-19

Does anyone know which ones for backbox?

#2 5 months ago

Going to try and place an order for some parts for HG today. Anyone able to confirm if the parts above or correct or not?

#3 5 months ago

I am getting ready to do a shop job and am also looking for the part number for the red posts. For the plastic hold downs, did this game have the nylon hex nuts or push down rubber caps? My game currently has both.

Is there a parts list or something I am missing? The manual doesn't have listings for a lot of the parts I need to get.

#4 5 months ago

Those sockets look to be correct. I've not had to replace any of the GI lamps, but have had to replace the insert lamps. The insert lamps are typically the long bracket ones. As far as the caps for holding down plastics, you can go with either. I prefer the push down style since they are easier to install/remove than the acorn style nuts.

For posts, I can't recall which post style bally used for this era game, but check out pbresource and find the correct post. Pinball Life may carry the same style. Note that the heights of the posts may be different so double check just to make sure.
http://www.pbresource.com/posts.html

#5 5 months ago

For posts these are the two you will need:
Post 1 inch concentric fin red - short
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-951-7

Post 1-1/8 inch concentric fin red - tall
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-952-7

Great game!

#6 5 months ago

I could have sworn mine were smooth but maybe I looked at them wrong or someone swapped them out at some point. I think you are right with the ones above because I found this picture on ipdb and the post is faceted! https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1125&picno=66013

I'm at work and even if I was home I don't have the game torn down to tell how many tall or shorts I need. Do you know or where I could look? Once again, the manual seems to really suck for parts reference and quantity.

I have wanted one of these games for a while and when a decent one popped up locally I grabbed it!

#7 5 months ago

It's been a few years since I owned one but it's mostly talls if I recall correctly. Maybe 30 posts altogether on the game. But I would measure before you order, you can do so on almost all the posts without tearing anything down.

#8 5 months ago

I can check for you when I get home. If I recall the acorn nuts were round nylon (basketball) shaped. Will double check

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

It's been a few years since I owned one but it's mostly talls if I recall correctly. Maybe 30 posts altogether on the game. But I would measure before you order, you can do so on almost all the posts without tearing anything down.

I counted around 30 posts also last night; was going to order 32 to be sure, but didn't think to measure them.

#10 5 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I can check for you when I get home. If I recall the acorn nuts were round nylon (basketball) shaped. Will double check

If you think you will be home soon and can check cool, if not I can check when I get home tonight. I just looked at the factory flyer; the plastic hold nuts appear to have been the hex nylon nuts.

#11 5 months ago

Found this on a web page on Google.

The certainly look like the finned posts. As mentioned, acorn nuts or push nuts can be used, but is mostly preference.

Harlem-Globetrotters-21 (resized).jpgHarlem-Globetrotters-30 (resized).jpg
#12 5 months ago

Yep, finned for sure; mine must have been swapped out somewhere along the line. My game has a mix of push nuts and nylon but I think I like the nylon better and that's what was in the original flyer so that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks for looking up the pics and posting them!

#13 5 months ago

Since I discovered the hard way that there are different height posts, I always make a map of the posts and the type of thread as I tear down a Playfield. I’ve been in a hurry before and put a machine thread post into a wood thread hole and then have to find where I went wrong. Usually it’s at the end when I’m standing there with a wood thread post screw needing a machine thread post screw.

#14 5 months ago

That's a great idea to make a diagram showing which posts are what height! I'll be using that idea when I shop the game.

I took some measurements last nights on random posts and about 3 out of every 4 were 1 3/16" tall with 1 of 4 being 1"

#15 5 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

That's a great idea to make a diagram showing which posts are what height! I'll be using that idea when I shop the game.
I took some measurements last nights on random posts and about 3 out of every 4 were 1 3/16" tall with 1 of 4 being 1"

Could you be so kind as to share where you found some of the 1” variety. I just counted mine last night and counted 34 posts. I couldn’t find a single 1”. All were tall

#16 5 months ago

Also, look for this “special” red post on your machine. Left orbit spinner, left side. Never knew about this but that very same post is on my game. Too cool

https://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/redpost/redpost.html

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Could you be so kind as to share where you found some of the 1” variety. I just counted mine last night and counted 34 posts. I couldn’t find a single 1”. All were tall

I could have mis-measured since the plastics were on but I'm pretty sure I didn't. The ones I noticed were around the drop target area but I will document when I take it apart.

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Also, look for this “special” red post on your machine. Left orbit spinner, left side. Never knew about this but that very same post is on my game. Too cool
https://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/redpost/redpost.html

I saw that post last night and was thinking "why is that there?" lol I do remember reading that years ago as his trademark but had forgotten.

#19 5 months ago

I just confirmed the red post on my Power Play

#20 5 months ago

please post when you have a count of what goes where, or a map or something. The Globetrotters was the very first pin I owned and I took the playfield apart in a giddy excitement to clean and "restore" it, when I got to putting the posts back I don't believe I even noticed there were different kinds so mine are all over the place.

#21 5 months ago

I'm not sure the posts are in the proper place on mine but the plain red post was in the right place so maybe the others are right, heck it may have never been taken apart for a thorough shop job and that wouldn't surprise me from some of the stuff I have seen on this game but you never really know what kind of a life a game has had, especially one this old.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside