(Topic ID: 259451)

Harlem globetrotters - issue or feature?

By Edenecho

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinslot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-12 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello!
I just got a Harlem, and it seems that hitting inline targets awards GLOBE letters also in addition to the saucer.

Is this some error in switch matrix, or is it a dip switch feature? I could not find anything concrete in the manual.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

That is a feature of the game, not an error in the switch matrix. I'm not sure about the dip switches.

Quoted from Edenecho:

Hello!
I just got a Harlem, and it seems that hitting inline targets awards GLOBE letters also in addition to the saucer.
Is this some error in switch matrix, or is it a dip switch feature? I could not find anything concrete in the manual.
Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

The plastic directly to the right of the targets explains this feature, so it seems unlikely to be an option in the dips.

image-12 (resized).jpgimage-12 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Had this splendid game for years. It‘s a feature. With dip switches you cannot deactivate it.

#5 4 years ago

I always go for the drop targets first in playing this game. Not only does hitting them add a letter to "globe" but it also advances the bonus multiplier.

John

#6 4 years ago

And increases the left spinner value

#7 4 years ago

Great game. The inline drops are key for all the reasons stated (bonus X, globe letter, and left spinner up to 2k per spin!).

There is a dip switch that toggles between sequential GLOBE letter being lit and the lit letter scrolling. Set it to scrolling for a more challenging game!

#8 4 years ago

Absolutely! The lit letter has to be scrolling.

#9 4 years ago

You can set up a fun rewarding shot at the right stand up....extra ball and special on one shot if you can complete the five players twice!

#10 4 years ago

I‘m starting to regret selling mine

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hello!
Thanks!

It's totally broken and unfixable, so you should sell it to me.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It's totally broken and unfixable, so you should sell it to me.

Haha!
I guess ive been playing it at a certain location where it is really difficult set up, so not many often got many inline drop shots, so I guess I just never noticed it giving letters

Are there some ofen used ways to set it up harder?
I have set teh GLOBE letters to scanning as per suggestion above, so that adds a little challenge

#13 4 years ago

Hardware settings:

Make outlanes wider

Set dipswitch settings to conservative, eg:

1. Make game reset 20k bonus from Ball to ball.

2. Set to novelty play. No extra balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters-issue-or-feature?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.