New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278096)

Harlem Globetrotters Globe Saucer Solenoid Not Firing

By thrillhousejames

70 days ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsrph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 69 days ago
Quoted from thrillhousejames:

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a HG pin which is mostly working...except one thing. Initially, the globe saucer would kick the ball out about 70 percent of the time, then 0 percent of the time, then I thought I fixed it by cleaning the plunger and replacing the coil sleeve...but we're back to it not firing now.
So far, I have verified that the coil has continuity to the solenoid driver board. Verifed both test points on the solenoid driver board are giving 5v (Sitting at about 5.17v). I have changed the transistor on Q12 thinking that may be the issue as well, but no dice. I have changed the coil with a verified working coil as well (correct part number, don't worry!) At this point I'm not sure what could be causing this coil not to fire. I plan to redo the pin header and connections at some point soon, but as I said, currently the wiring has continuity to the solenoid driver. Literally everything else on the machine works great, except that the globe saucer coil stopped firing. Any help is appreciated, thanks Pinside!

Have you checked and/or changed the diode and resistor for this Q12 circuit on the SDB?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, SD
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsrph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside