New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275688)

Harlem Globetrotters coin door

By rlbohon3

69 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by rlbohon3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 69 days ago

I am restoring a Harlem Globetrotters to be used at an arcade. My experience in the past w/ game restoration hasn't really involved coin mechs or anything other than "free play" so learning some new things. Anyway, this game I'm restoring not only doesn't have the coin mechs, but everything that would have held the mechs are gone too, including some of the wiring. Only the button to access tests and adjustments is left. I sourced a used coin door from another Bally game of a similar generation, and it appears it's missing the button. So I'm hoping between the two, I can cobble up a good coin door.

Does anyone have some pics of their coin door on the inside that could be shared? I did a little searching but didn't find quite what I was looking for. I have the schematic, but some pics of hardware and where things are located would really help. Thanks! PS here are pics of what I’m starting with currently on the game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 69 days ago

Google (cleaning a Bally coin door).
Someone here did a nice explanation with lots of pictures.

#5 68 days ago

Nice! Thanks for the tip; I might need to go for that. The used coin door I found appears to have most of what I need but a few wires are clipped on it too. I might be able to patch in what I need between the two doors. I need to spend a little time studying both.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside