(Topic ID: 166025)

Harlem Globetrotters: Bad Speaker or Soundboard??

By fabes23

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just brought home a decent HGT (minor play field wear) and the only real issue I'm seeing (although I'm a newbie) is the sound. The sound of the opening song "Sweet Georgia Brown" tones can be inconsistent. Some times I power it up and it's correct, others it's not. It seems to be off at first, and as I play (continuously), it seems to get to the correct tones or work itself out, but not always.

I have put the two different versions of tones/sounds on youtube. Watch below....

The first one is with the INCORRECT sound/tones:

The second is with the CORRECT sound/tones:

Is this a bad speaker or a soundboard problem? Anyone have any idea on what this is?

#2 7 years ago

Sound board probably needs a new capacitor kit.

It's not the speaker.

#3 7 years ago

Jep, new caps wil probably do the trick.
Add a little more sustain with the upper potmeter on the board.

#4 7 years ago

I had a similar issue with my HGOT - in my case, reflowing the solder on the sound board header pins did the trick. Might want to take a look and see if they look cracked.

#5 7 years ago

Reflowing the solder on the sound board seemed to do the trick for now. I'll keep my eyes (& ears) on it. Thanks for the help/replies!

#6 7 years ago

yep beat me to it. I was going to say flaky connector solder joint causing a bit of sound data to go missing at times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters-bad-speaker-or-soundboard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.