You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190523_105901[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20190523_105753[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20190523_105642 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190523_105612[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Grounding the metal end tabs of those lamps you're pointing to shouldn't have caused any issues.
Is there any possibility your ground wire accidentally touched one of those three bare twisted wire connectors coming off the flipper switch stack? I'd suggest wrapping those twists in electrical tape for now or deal with them properly by soldering and heatshrink insulating them.
The MPU board has very little/barely any battery corrosion so you're lucky in that respect.
It's a pity someone has soldered in the battery backed 5101 RAM chip at U8. Makes it harder for you to put a NVRAM chip down the track.
Anyway, with the machine off, carefully pull out the 6810 RAM chip at U7 and reinstall it and see what happens.
Note your CPU at U9 is an AMI brand chip and they have a higher than normal failure rate.

Was thinking the same about that switch stack. Man, that's ugly and just screaming "I'm gonna cause you trouble...I'm right here waiting!"

Also, if he has a desolder gun and a socket, it shouldn't be an issue to get the chip at U8 out and solder in a new socket.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I installed the RAM chip in Eight Ball Deluxe and that machine booted up. I then installed the CPU from u9 in Eight Ball Deluxe but it would not boot. I tried to boot it several times and it didn't act exactly as it did in Harlem Globetrotters to where I would only get the flicker and one flash. A couple times it did that but a couple other times it would flash a few more times. I think I saw it go up to 6 flashes but once again the game never booted and there were a few little flickers between the longer flashes.

Have you tried the working U9 chip from EBD to Globetrotters to see if it boots Globetrotters boots?

#21 4 years ago

I do this all of the time. I start a thread on a problem I'm stuck on, and then it turns out to be the easiest fix. Glad you got it resolved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters-1-flash-on-mpu-no-boot-up?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.