• 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pauz21
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

What's it worth?

#2 10 years ago

Condition is everything. HGOT got the crap played out of them in the wild, so most have trashed PFs. I've been trying to get one for a while and see non-working for $500-700. Working machine prices are all over the place in this market. I don't think it's worth that so I don't have one yet. They made lots of them but they don't show up often around me.

#3 10 years ago

$600 - $900 range. They made an awful lot of them. They are by no means "rare".

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

$600 - $900 range. They made an awful lot of them. They are by no means "rare".

They are rare in great condition. They never reproduced anything for that title and it's probably not THAT popular to justify doing a run of anything. It's a great game for it's time and in some crazy way, I really believe it is the best playing solid state Bally pinball game up to it's own point in time (1978). Soooo much better than games from this era like Kiss and Playboy... they are both a snore...

To the OP, you can't honestly expect to get an concrete answer with out a DETAILED description or DETAILED pictures can you?

Having said all that, it's not worth a bunch, but I could easily see a very nice one sell for 1200 and a beater one sell for 500.

I brought one back from the dead years ago and I will never sell it unless I can no longer play pinball.

Also, to anyone that owns one; try installing black flipper rubbers on the game. Makes it WAY more challenging.

#5 10 years ago

There's a pinsider that has a fully restored HG that he will sell or trade. I believe he was looking for $1,300.
His location is Ft Smith, Arkansas.

He is UFO on pinside. Give him a PM if you are interested.

#6 10 years ago

I don't know if I'm interested or not. One was brought to my attention around here. It's been sitting in a boat house for years so I'd bet unless humidity has gotten to it, it would be dirty but in killer shape. I had no idea what it was worth or if it's even any good. What should I be looking for in regards to the condition. Haven't talked to them so I have no idea what they're thinking for price or if we're even in the same ball park. I was thinking $400 offer pending seeing it.

#7 10 years ago

I have a mint HUO Globetrotters. It's one of my "keepers" because it is so nice and a true "survivor".

I also have an extra NOS playfield, NOS plastics set, and an NOS backglass for this title. Not looking to sell any of it though. It's a very underrated pin and can hold it's own against most Bally titles from the era.

#8 10 years ago

Gatecrasher is spot on. HGTR's is Paragon's skinner older brother. A true player!

#9 10 years ago

I have finally got a HGT working again that had been stored in a shed for many years. The playfield has been fully mylared on mine, so that there is no wear at all on the playfield.

The cabinets tend to fade on these games too, as there is a lot of red in the artwork. That's something to look out for when purchasing a HGT. Watch out for any cupped inserts on the playfield as well, these playfields are 35 years old...

#10 10 years ago

cupped?? Forgive me... does that mean raised inserts? Can these inserts be replaced if broken?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

cupped?? Forgive me... does that mean raised inserts? Can these inserts be replaced if broken?

It means inserts that have become soft from sitting over a lit light bulb 24 hours a day for years. So they tend to cup, even at the edges, but the middle has drooped a bit.

And you don't see many copies of HG moving around because it is a fantastic game. I just got one earlier this year. I always thought it was a bitch of a game, and that was the reason I picked it up. But I had NO idea how great it is. I keep it pitched pretty steep, and it can get incredibly fast. Flipper, Drop Target, Flipper, Drop Target, SDTM and a scream of anger because you didn't hit the left high spinner once. Great fun.

#12 10 years ago

No, it's when the centre of the inserts drops down in relation to the rim resulting in a hollow. This can affect the trajectory of the ball during play.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but I think that that the hollow can be carefully filled with clear glue. The other option is to replace the cupped inserts if they are available, not something that I feel confident in doing on my game, especially with the mylar fitted.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, some have very recently tried (in another PINSIDE thread) a new technique using UV curing clear products like automotive touch up pens and UV curing finger nail polish. I have not tried these but plan to test them on some junk playfields soon.

#14 10 years ago

If you find a mint one even if its $1200-$1500 you should consider it. I have tried to save a ton thinking something is expensive. Then I spent way more trying to fix it up. All the little parts do add up.

On Harlem look for the back glass and PF to be great/mint. The cab you can re-doo.

#15 10 years ago

I doubt there'd be cupping then because from what I understand this thing has sat unused for probably 15 years. I think I shall jump at this if the price is right.

#16 10 years ago

Just sold Marco two NOS plastic sets if anyone needs them.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I doubt there'd be cupping then because from what I understand this thing has sat unused for probably 15 years. I think I shall jump at this if the price is right.

FYI, inserts sag no matter what. Even NOS playfields have cupped inserts. This is why current plastic insert manufacturers added the "starred jeweling" you see on modern pin inserts. It helps to alleviate the natural forces of gravity.

#18 10 years ago

HGT is a fun pin, I would recommend it. I sold mine but I was out of space and it was the least liked of a group of pins where I liked all of them.

What I hated most was the upper "basket" out hole. I hate timed skill shots like that, it becomes nearly random. I like a bunch of lanes that I can try to aim the ball into.

But the two spinner right in front of the flipper that change scoring between the left and right is great. The inline targets to the out hole is also very nice.

#19 10 years ago

My very first pin was my HGT and if it hadn't of been sooo much fun I dont know as if I would have started looking for more pins to keep it company. Great game with a little bit of everything from its generation.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#20 10 years ago

Awesome title. I borrowed a buddy's for a couple months and would love to have one again someday.

Also, CPR added HG to their pre-order page last week, so don't fret if the playfield you're looking at is belt sanded.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

You know that game is 35 years old, right? Even if it has been idle for 15 years, it may have had 20 years of abuse. Hopefully, you've found a gem though, good luck.

#22 10 years ago

mg81 reminded me of one other thing. You can set the top saucer to scan or just wait on the next letter. Also the bonus spinners can be set to both be on, or switch back and forth. I like back and forth better because it adds that little bit of irritation when you hit the wrong one really well.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

You know that game is 35 years old, right? Even if it has been idle for 15 years, it may have had 20 years of abuse. Hopefully, you've found a gem though, good luck.

Won't know until after the holidays. Have a friend going there for Christmas who'll be checking it out for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harlem-globetrotters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.