(Topic ID: 257011)

OT New Flooring Help Hardwood Engineered Laminate Vinyl

By gpa_joe

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Hardwood Engineered Laminate Vinyl ”

• Hardwood 3 votes
      33%
    • Engineered 1 vote
      11%
    • Laminate 2 votes
      22%
    • Vinyl 2 votes
      22%
    • Other 1 vote
      11%

(9 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Ok I like real hardwood but I have concerns about water and scratching. Some vinyls seem bullet proof but do not have the same look as real wood.I will admit they have made improvements with vinyls and some are looking pretty real. So how about some success and failure stories along with products to consider.

Thanks for the input.

#2 4 years ago

Sunday bump what have you guys & gals used in game rooms?

#3 4 years ago

I installed Pergo in most of my home a long time ago, when it was just coming out. Yeah it is laminate and not the high end full blown hardwood but it has stood the rest of time. I recommend it or a product like it. If you c cc an afford hardwood and can treat it gently so that it will not need refinishing often, buy it. If you would benefit from something that can take a little more common abuse and still look great, I am a big fan of a quality laminate

#4 4 years ago

By the way, am familiar with your hometown. Mother grew in up in belle hen and aunts lived in a town

#5 4 years ago

Vinyl planking and it’s not even close!

I put it in my great room and family room. Looks like real wood but softer and absorbs some heat. Easy to clean. Make sure and glue it down as well as click that way any liquid can’t get under it. If you ever need to replace some it can be lifted up and just switch out a piece, comes in 4’ planks. Make sure and buy an extra box just in case your style gets discontinued.

Brand I have is krause and I believe it’s rated for 27 years residential.

Only negative would be it scratches so choose a color that will hide that especially if you have dogs.

#6 4 years ago

Forgot to add for pinballs definitely put an area rug under them, 5’ by however long you need. Can buy most anywhere in premade lengths or any carpet store can bind you a custom size.

#7 4 years ago

I’m becoming a fan of the tile that looks like wood. It is not as soft as vinyl but no water is getting under it, and it looks great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardwood-engineered-laminate-oh-my and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.