3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cort9999
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I am a newbie as I just joined after just receiving my first Pin (Metallica). I noticed that the software was dated so I downloaded the latest version, followed the instructions to update it to the most recent software. Once completed everything seemed to work fine but it says 'THIS GAME HAS A HARDWARE/ SOFTWARE MISMATCH. PLEASE CONTACT STERN PINBALL". I have seen this in forums but never for this reason, usually someone was making modifications when they experienced this issue, I touched nothing in the machine so I am curious what my options are here. I did email Stern to see if they can help but I hear they are slow to respond often times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

If you have a pro, confirm you download the pro software
    If you have premium/LE, confirm you download the Premium/LE software

#3 3 years ago

I don't know much about updating software with this system but I'm wondering if you uploaded the wrong software in terms of pro/premium/LE.

(keep in mind I don't know much about the hardware variants so I might be wrong here)

#4 3 years ago

Did you install the Pro version of the software on a Premium machine? Or vice versa?

#5 3 years ago

I think you are all correct, I think I loaded the LE and I have the Pro. Sorry for the newbie question but do appreciate everyone's help. I am loading the new/ correct code now. Thanks all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardware-software-mismatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.