3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

For me its tough to vote. I would rule out comet simply because its such a cheap game, most people wouldn't want to stick the extra money into it. I like the idea of Pharaoh but its a pretty low production run. I think you should do a game like black knight personally. I know they made repro PF's for it, but now they are hard to come by. Not to mention not everyone has the kind of money to sink into a repro PF (such as myself). Plus there is A TON of BK's out there that have badly worn PF's and it is a desirable game.

I think space shuttle was a good first choice, because of most of the reasons I listed above about BK. Your other options just don't have the same kind of draw. Some other good candidates IMO would be: Centaur, Sorcerer, eight ball or EBD, Xenon, Pinbot ect.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Which all have HAD repro playfields, at the very least...smh...

Yeah there's probably a reason they had repro's made for them right? Did everyone who needed one get one? Could everyone who wanted one afford one even if they were lucky enough to get in on these limited runs of repro playfields? If you missed out are they easy to come by now? Answer those questions and then explain to me why those games shouldn't be near the top of the priority list for this product. If you have a good explanation then please point me in the direction of where I can get my BK looking really nice for ~350 or keep shaking your head.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I do not believe that any playfields that are in the pipeline to be reproduced are being considered. CPR has Sorcerer

Thats too bad, missed opportunity if you ask me. Hopefully this product will be very successful and one day have a wide range

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And explain to me where the hell I can get a mint Future Spa at *any* price, since I've seen ONE NOS playfield in the 6 years I've been in the hobby, it's in a game of a local collector to me, and he won't sell it for any price....believe me, I've asked. The playfields have never been repro'ed, or the plastics, or the backglass. Have never seen a playfield that would be worth trying to restore, and I have one already with VERY minimal wear. It's too complicated to be fully repainted, even the stupid inserts are screened with FOUR COLORS instead of just BLACK, and every one I've ever seen except that ONE NOS was yellowed and gross, unless chicks with "hairy" legs is your thing.
I'm sorry you missed your window, but frankly, what does that have to do with me? BK has had playfields run TWICE from what I understand, plastics were run.. pretty sure the backglass was too?
If it was that important to you, which it's clearly NOT since 350 bucks is your ceiling, you could go find one. Just because you don't want to spend the money is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than *not even having an option*, which are the games I'm advocating are more important to run first. The fact that you personally want to be a cheapskate because you missed them or simply didn't want to pay the price earlier when they were available has zero bearing on the games I'd rather see be *POSSIBLE* to be restored.
I can't just go out and conjure something that doesn't exist out of thin air. You can go buy a restored game, or wait for these to be run, or wait for a repro PF that's already been run to hit ebay....there's at least an option, even if you find it not to your liking. Frankly, I'd rather that CPR was going to run Future Spa, but apparently they just hate the game because there aren't thousands of people crawled up it's rear like Paragon... I'd *rather* sit on a waitlist for two years and pay them 1k for a new production playfield than have to jump through hoops trying to convince someone else to make some kind of alternative solution, but they don't have any interest, because CPR's bottom line (and in some cases their very survival, which I can't argue against..) will always take precedence over what's actually needed. You're taking a VERY narrow view of what's best for the hobby, simply because it would benefit you, IMO. Your opinion is only the most popular games should be preserved....my opinion is that as MANY DIFFERENT games as possible should be preserved. Which one of us is right? I dunno.

Sorry that a lot more people want nice BK playfields than future spa. Its been repro'd twice and there's still people desperate to get nice PF's. Last time I checked successful businesses make money. More demand= more money. Thats why I recommended the games I did. Get yourself established by releasing in demand games first, then you can start working on games barely anybody cares about, like future spa.

And for the record, I prefer my women with no hair growing long anywhere below the eyebrows.

Edit- I forgot to add all the repro BK playfields have the wrong inserts. This is another way to retain the original gem inserts in case that matters to anyone

1 month later
#137 7 years ago

Ok, how about haunted house? So many of these with beat up playfields, very desirable game, restoration jobs are outrageously costly (and rightfully so). I hope to see the big Gottlieb get a little love some day, because I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to make mine as nice as I'd like it to be!

4 months later
#329 6 years ago

Do you still need a black knight playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.