3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Well, you should already know my opinion, but I voted for Future Spa anwyays. Just give the word!

I'd also consider Shuttle once the prices are known, since I don't think there's a way to vote for multiples?

Don't intend to ever own another Comet, I've only ever seen one Pharoah in my area and it was fully restored+cleared already, and I don't personally like Wizard.

*edit* Derp.. approx 50% of a repro playfield would put most in the 350-400 range?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You need to come to Ohio!

I'll uh....get right on that? I have an old friend that I'd love to see that I think is in Ohio, but not real sure where. Would kill to pick her brain for a few hours.. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I will never visit Ohio. =P

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Some other good candidates IMO would be: Centaur, Sorcerer, eight ball or EBD, Xenon, Pinbot ect.

Which all have HAD repro playfields, at the very least...smh...

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If you have a good explanation then please point me in the direction of where I can get my BK looking really nice for ~350 or keep shaking your head.

And explain to me where the hell I can get a mint Future Spa at *any* price, since I've seen ONE NOS playfield in the 6 years I've been in the hobby, it's in a game of a local collector to me, and he won't sell it for any price....believe me, I've asked. The playfields have never been repro'ed, or the plastics, or the backglass. Have never seen a playfield that would be worth trying to restore, and I have one already with VERY minimal wear. It's too complicated to be fully repainted, even the stupid inserts are screened with FOUR COLORS instead of just BLACK, and every one I've ever seen except that ONE NOS was yellowed and gross, unless chicks with "hairy" legs is your thing.

I'm sorry you missed your window, but frankly, what does that have to do with me? BK has had playfields run TWICE from what I understand, plastics were run.. pretty sure the backglass was too?

If it was that important to you, which it's clearly NOT since 350 bucks is your ceiling, you could go find one. Just because you don't want to spend the money is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than *not even having an option*, which are the games I'm advocating are more important to run first. The fact that you personally want to be a cheapskate because you missed them or simply didn't want to pay the price earlier when they were available has zero bearing on the games I'd rather see be *POSSIBLE* to be restored.

I can't just go out and conjure something that doesn't exist out of thin air. You can go buy a restored game, or wait for these to be run, or wait for a repro PF that's already been run to hit ebay....there's at least an option, even if you find it not to your liking. Frankly, I'd rather that CPR was going to run Future Spa, but apparently they just hate the game because there aren't thousands of people crawled up it's rear like Paragon... I'd *rather* sit on a waitlist for two years and pay them 1k for a new production playfield than have to jump through hoops trying to convince someone else to make some kind of alternative solution, but they don't have any interest, because CPR's bottom line (and in some cases their very survival, which I can't argue against..) will always take precedence over what's actually needed. You're taking a VERY narrow view of what's best for the hobby, simply because it would benefit you, IMO. Your opinion is only the most popular games should be preserved....my opinion is that as MANY DIFFERENT games as possible should be preserved. Which one of us is right? I dunno.

#31 7 years ago

Hold on.. I gotta see if I still have the pic on my phone...it's pretty funny...

#33 7 years ago

Yep...

20170116_230450 (resized).jpg20170116_230450 (resized).jpg

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Space Station should be on the list, none out there and no one wants to take it on for a refurb.

Oooh, word. That's a great one for this. That's always been a reason I have avoided Space Station...the Sun Process playfields have a much better color profile IMO also, something to be aware of...the difference is fairly noticeable!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

games barely anybody cares about, like future spa.

Papa A bank.

Black Yawn? Not so much. Seems that it's popularity isn't what you perceive it to be. It's not like it's....Crescendo.

You are right about the inserts. I do remember that, but there's a good reason for that... non-finned inserts get cupped WAY easier. It's the lesser of two evils. I do understand though... Future Spa is just as bad if not worse about cupped inserts, but I'm not sure how it would look with finned translucent ones in those big inserts they used for the letters...it would probably look fairly goofy.

You totally didn't answer my part, and instead opted to go full on politician thinking that you can just throw out "but...THE ECONOMY!! *spooky music and jazz hands*" but whatever...this is the type of response I've come to expect on Pinside. IDGAF about the economics of that. I have to assume they at least did SOME research, since they grabbed the license for the rights to do these five games. They are already interested in making them, they had the rights to do so before I asked about it. So whinging to me about the economics of it is entirely a futile endeavor on your part. If they had the rights/art to Black Knight right now, it would be on the list...it's not.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Original black knight did have reinforced inserts, just a different, prettier pattern. They're not available anymore, so cpr uses the normal finned ones, but it means that repro BK playfields never look as nice as originals

Gotcha. Could've sworn those ones down by the flippers were all clear...

3 weeks later
#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Right now, I am currently seeking a (1) FUTURE SPA playfield that is stripped to be sent to us.

I apologize. We've been so busy with getting things ready for TPF and me working overtime that I was never able to get mine sent out. It's stripped, but I don't have a functional game to install it on anyways. Hope you guys get what you need to tweak and work out kinks. I'm a definite buyer when it comes out.

3 months later
#286 6 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

How about a Nude version of Future Spa, that would be awesome. Mostly just kidding, my playfield is actually pretty good so, not sure I'll do this but maybe. Again kidding(mostly).

I'm in....unless it's the CaptainNeo version where there's dicks everywhere too. Sorry, @quiddity.

#290 6 years ago

Picked up a Future Spa last night, so I no longer have JUST a playfield...now I actually want that hardtop ASAP so looking forward to some positive news on that!

1 month later
#328 6 years ago

FUUUUTUREEEE SPAAAAAAAA. =F

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.