• Comet 50 votes
    19%
  • Future Spa 36 votes
    14%
  • Wizard 17 votes
    6%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 127 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg
06837814-3E00-414D-920B-65466EDC4B88 (resized).jpeg
21428013-BACF-40CD-AB77-5B8169DFF8E2 (resized).jpeg
ABF74C74-C61D-43B5-9F08-3DD4C39CCD94 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180331_144005 (resized).jpg
frontier2 (resized).JPG
f3 (resized).JPG
CE549547-13DD-4E55-8741-A00951A947E9 (resized).jpeg
0EB39DFD-64BB-4243-806F-E6DF63D91DEF (resized).jpeg
F355A9CE-FC1B-4F3E-A6F9-A747806006ED (resized).jpeg
EK HARDTOP 1 (resized).JPG

There are 1027 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
#351 2 years ago

SOLAR FIRE Please.

#352 2 years ago

Wizard is now live and available for ordering. Thanks!

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I can't wait to buy one of these. Just waiting for any title I own to be made. How about one for Grand Lizard? Upper playfield always takes a beating and large number of owners out there. Keep up the great work.

I'm waiting for High Speed. Would love to give it a try once it's available. The pace these are being done is very encouraging.

#354 2 years ago

I currently have 5 Wizard to restore. I will be testing one out as soon as I can get a playfield into the shop. Is there anything special about the Wizard hardtop? Lining up the five star rollovers must be difficult. I'm off to You Tube to see if someone posted a video on a installation.

#356 2 years ago

Thanks Skypilot, Ill ask my technical question on that post.

#357 2 years ago

Maybe a less popular one to do, but I need a Cosmic Gunfight.

#358 2 years ago

Here is Space Shuttle installed.

IMG_2063 (resized).JPGIMG_2064 (resized).JPGIMG_2065 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPG

So far, I really like the product. This seems to be answer to getting games back into playing condition. It plays and looks great.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Here is Space Shuttle installed.

So far, I really like the product. This seems to be answer to getting games back into playing condition. It plays and looks great.

That is EXACTLY what we like to hear... well done on your project! I hope the idea of parting out games due to poor condition playfields will come to a hault as we continue to roll out new titles.

Waiting on Comet and Future Spa to be tested in donor's games as we speak. Soon as we get feedback and make any necessary tweaks ... they will go live for ordering as well.

On our screens now... is Black Night.

#360 2 years ago

Got my Pharaoh Hardtop in the mail today. Super excited to get started.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

To be clear, you are talking about Black Knight, right? Williams, 1980 upper and lower pf, etc? If so, that's AWESOME!!

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

That is EXACTLY what we like to hear... well done on your project! I hope the idea of parting out games due to poor condition playfields will come to a hault as we continue to roll out new titles.
Waiting on Comet and Future Spa to be tested in donor's games as we speak. Soon as we get feedback and make any necessary tweaks ... they will go live for ordering as well.

Think comet will be out by late September? I have a birthday and I'd love to put this on the list...

#363 2 years ago

Paragon please. There's even fully scanned and colour-corrected artwork ready to go!

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Paragon please. There's even fully scanned and colour-corrected artwork ready to go!

Cpr is scheduled to start producing playfields soon. Are you just looking for a cheaper alternative?

#365 2 years ago

I don't view this as a cheaper alternative I view it as better!

Quoted from bluespin:Cpr is scheduled to start producing playfields soon. Are you just looking for a cheaper alternative?

#366 2 years ago

Wow, just came across this thread. I have a Comet now almost completely stripped I was about to install an overlay I already have. I have had this overlay for a while and haven't been looking forward to doing it as I know the inserts where going to be a problem but it was my only option, I haven't been able to find a better solution to my beat up playfield.
I am so in on a Comet hardtop, my overlay will be going on eBay. I was planning on starting in the next week or so also with sanding it down so perfect I'll go ahead and do that get it smooth maybe get a can of auto clear just to have it smooth and sealed and ready to go for this.
Awesome can't wait till the Comet is ready. I'll probably go ahead and RE-stencil the cabinet also.
COOL I'm excited as I haven't restored a cabinet yet also.

IMAG2947 (resized).jpg

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Wow, just came across this thread. I have a Comet now almost completely stripped I was about to install an overlay I already have. I have had this overlay for a while and haven't been looking forward to doing it as I know the inserts where going to be a problem but it was my only option, I haven't been able to find a better solution to my beat up playfield.
I am so in on a Comet hardtop, my overlay will be going on eBay. I was planning on starting in the next week or so also with sanding it down so perfect I'll go ahead and do that get it smooth maybe get a can of auto clear just to have it smooth and sealed and ready to go for this.
Awesome can't wait till the Comet is ready. I'll probably go ahead and RE-stencil the cabinet also.
COOL I'm excited as I haven't restored a cabinet yet also.

I have a friend who would love his playfield to look like the one you're about to sand off!

Edit: zooming in shows the issue better, but your mylar helped a lot compared to his no mylar.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I have a friend who would love his playfield to look like the one you're about to sand off!
Edit: zooming in shows the issue better, but your mylar helped a lot compared to his no mylar.

sounds like your friend needs a HARDTOP

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

sounds like your friend needs a HARDTOP

He does! I've been (impatiently) waiting for Comet to release so I can send him the link!

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

To be clear, you are talking about Black Knight, right? Williams, 1980 upper and lower pf, etc? If so, that's AWESOME!!

Doah! Yes, sorry... typed that on my phone and I fear spell correction got me.

#371 2 years ago

Comet is likely to go live within 3 to 4 weeks. Stay tuned!

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Comet is likely to go live within 3 to 4 weeks. Stay tuned!

Perfect!

I'd be in on a Meteor also if that can get made, CPR only has it in the checking interest so it a few years away.
Looks like a great product so many titles to choose from that could benefit from this My Blackout and Galaxy also other titles that would be great.

#373 2 years ago

I would like to hear a report on how these hold up after someone gets a 1000 (at least a few hundred) games on one of these.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

I would like to hear a report on how these hold up after someone gets a 1000 (at least a few hundred) games on one of these.

I'm curious too. Mind should get a lot of play this weekend by family members, but I wanted to take it to the local arcade expo in the spring and see how a weekend of heavy play does on it. If no one else does something similar and I get to take mine over, I will report back then.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

Well, I can tell you there is at least 300 plays on my Space Shuttle... as well as an additional Shuttle we did in the early summer of '16 while we were developing these. Additionally, the Pharaoh that Skypilot recently did is in a public pincade in Akron, Ohio. Last report was that it was working/looking great. It's been 45 -60 days or so in a public place.

I understand your question, and why you asked it. NOTHING lasts forever. If you search through this Hardtop thread you can find long winded explanations or expectations and unknowns regarding our new product that I penned some time earlier this summer.

In short, we did not design this product to be a "short term" quick fix as a decal (some call them overlays) would be. It's designed to last years in a home use scenario.... possibly even in a severe duty environment like a public arcade. In the end, I would suspect they will outlast the original playfield surface... but again, time will tell. We do not want to invest the budget it would take for excellerated wear testing... as that would ultimately hit the retail price you pay. It is not feasible while trying to keep this product's price in line.

Truthfully, This is not the first Polymer playing surface that has ever been tried. Gottlieb played with this idea for new machines years ago. Much has changed since then though with technology and products.

We put hundreds of games on our machines before we sold one.

#376 2 years ago

I think this is brilliant, when you think about modern printing and material I'm surprised the major players aren't jumping all over this. Why mess with paint and clear coat. Buddy of mine just bought a new Tesla and had it wrapped. The new tech in car wrap is crazy. You can literally pour hot water over it and any buff mark or scratch's just disappear. Imagine a playfield you could just hit with a hot air and all the little ball marks from years of play just smooth out and disappear it returns to high gloss minty perfection. That's what I want in a modern pin. Hope you got a patent on this and license it out for $10 for every machine sold.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think this is brilliant, when you think about modern printing and material I'm surprised the major players aren't jumping all over this. Why mess with paint and clear coat. Buddy of mine just bought a new Tesla and had it wrapped. The new tech in car wrap is crazy. You can literally pour hot water over it and any buff mark or scratch's just disappear. Imagine a playfield you could just hit with a hot air and all the little ball marks from years of play just smooth out and disappear it returns to high gloss minty perfection. That's what I want in a modern pin. Hope you got a patent on this and license it out for $10 for every machine sold.

I agree. There must be plenty of new ways to make a playfield that would last almost forever. But, remember, they were never meant to last. Now, in this home environment, with these prices, we should have something better....

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Cpr is scheduled to start producing playfields soon. Are you just looking for a cheaper alternative?

They've been scheduled to start any day now for a couple of years. I'm tired of waiting. Also, this is cheaper and easier than a full swap.

#379 2 years ago

With how good these look, the ease of installation, the price and (hopeful) long term durability, IMO these are the best option for restoring a playfield for the average enthusiast. A new CPR playfield isn't an option for a lot of people due to price and extremely limited runs. A vinyl overlay can be a total pain in the ass to install and costly if you get into professionally done clear coats. They've really found a nice niche with these overlays.

#380 2 years ago

Here is a more recent photo of the Wizard! proto install. Well done Andy! A few Wizard! Hardtops have already left the building.

wizard with Hardtop (resized).jpeg

#381 2 years ago

Now that I have another Strikes And Spares I'd like to see that done in the future

#382 2 years ago

Alien Poker would be so great, most have heavy wear and mine is one of them....would be awesome to bring it back to life.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

the Pharaoh that Skypilot recently did is in a public pincade in Akron, Ohio. Last report was that it was working/looking great. It's been 45 -60 days or so in a public place.

Pharaoh is at Stonehenge in Akron. It, along with Andy's Wizard and my partially populated Taxi will all be on display and discussed at our seminar at the Cleveland show next weekend. The seminar will cover Clearcoating ,Hardtops and Restorations.Pharaoh will also be in the freeplay area for the show. If you are considering this product (which you should)and can come to the Cleveland show, the seminar is at 4 pm Friday. We will be installing a wizard Hardtop live.

#384 2 years ago

Any chance your coming to the Whiterose (York PA) show? Or Pinball Expo (Chicago)? Or the Florida Show in November? I'll Be at all of those shows. I have a conflict with the dates of the Cleveland show.

#385 2 years ago

I know Outsidedge will be at Expo.

#386 2 years ago

Did I understand your post correctly that you will be demonstrating how to clear coat the hardtop product?

I installed a hardtop on my SS approximately 3 months ago. Since then it has had 100s of games played in a home environment. The nieces and nephews and their friends played it constantly over the summer. It still looks brand new. The ball rolls very true and glides across the board.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Did I understand your post correctly that you will be demonstrating how to clear coat the hardtop product?

No, we will be discussing clear coating on playfield s. We will also be discussing and installing a Hardtop. And finally we will be talking about restoring pinball machines.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The seminar will cover Clearcoating
,Hardtops and Restorations.

It looked like Skypilot was referring to Clearcoating the Hardtops but he did have a comma after the word Clearcoating it just wasn't obvious

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

It looked like Skypilot was referring to Clearcoating the Hardtops but he did have a comma after the word Clearcoating it just wasn't obvious

I don't see any need to clear coat a Hardtop! Hardtops are changing pinball for the better.

#390 2 years ago

Great product! You are going to be very busy for years to come! How about a newer game like Phantom of The Opera!

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I don't see any need to clear coat a Hardtop! Hardtops are changing pinball for the better.

No one is clear coating a Hardtop

IMG_0249 (resized).JPG

#392 2 years ago

skypilot , Will your talk be recorded? As somebody who has done clearing of an original PF, cleared an overlay, and looking forward to the HS hardtop, I'd like to see that presentation.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Greatroduct! You are going to be very busy for years to come! How about a newer game like Phantom of The Opera!

I'm in for a Phatom and a Pinbot if they are ever available.

#394 2 years ago

I would buy 2 Silverball Mania's and have playfields to send if needed.

#395 2 years ago

The hard top worked out great for our space shuttle project! There were a few minor alignment issues which were probably just due to mid-run spec changes but the critical thing... inserts were all dead on!

I would like to see 8-ball done. CPR playfields are gone and I don't particularly like the thought of using a typical overlay given my experience using this product for Space Shuttle.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

skypilot , Will your talk be recorded? As somebody who has done clearing of an original PF, cleared an overlay, and looking forward to the HS hardtop, I'd like to see that presentation.

I spoke with Marvin, (One of the show organizers)He said he will have it recorded.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Alien Poker would be so great, most have heavy wear and mine is one of them....would be awesome to bring it back to life.

This! I've been putting off a resto waiting for a viable fix for a shot playfield. Fingers crossed.

#398 2 years ago

I second the need for an Alien Poker hardtop. I have never seen an Alien Poker playfield that was not torn up.

#399 2 years ago

At this time, we do NOT have permission for Alien Poker. I suspect in the future, we will though. I would call it "probable" at this point.

#400 2 years ago

solar fire please so i don't have to look at this anymore.

52237629595__1EE645FA-5043-489A-8A6D-8C18A68B4F4E (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 1,400.00
$ 149.00
There are 1027 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside