3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
#301 6 years ago

As of this week, we will have 4 new titles being installed as prototypes for fitment and problem solving. Those are:
• Comet
• Taxi
• Wizard
• Space Shuttle "non hotdog version"

Once these are successfully installed and played, they will go on sale at www.pinballgifts.com

Within 2 weeks we will have Future Spa ready for initial trial.

Already for sale now at www.pinbalgifts.com:
• Space Shuttle (hotdog)
• Pharaoh

#302 6 years ago

NEXT TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Mata Hari- we already have a willing collector to send a stripped playfield.

Frontier- We need a stripped playfield to borrow

Firepower- We need a stripped playfield to borrow

Black Knight- We need a stripped playfield to borrow

Evel Knievel- We need a stripped playfield to borrow

A note about loaners.... We can only accept stripped playfields (top and bottom). We will have these fields for approx. 2 months.. However, it could run a little longer. In return you will receive a new FREE Hardtop.

Please read:

1. If you cannot begin the install immediately after receiving this prototype, PLEASE do not volunteer. This process must be complete before we can put them on our site for sale. Basically, once we send the first one to you the world is waiting for the results so they too can order one.

2. If you do not have at least intermediate to advanced mechanical/electrical skills that include soldering, fitment etc.. or immediate access to a willing party who does, please do not volunteer.

3. Please private message us here on Pinside if you would like to help. I will then give you an email address to send a photo or two of your playfield for approval. Playfields with large areas of color missing are not good candidates, as there is nothing left to match to.

4. Please do not ship any fields to us without prior approval.

5. Although not necessary, we encourage and ask each donor to please youtube the process of installation. It helps our community greatly!

6. We have been contacted by several folks who have high res art they are wiling to share. in certain instances we MAY BE interested in that, although we still need an actual field in our possession. Please PM me for details.

7. At this time Outside Edge is not interested in creating one off "special"... or custom Hardtops.

THANK YOU!

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from pindaz:

Im Awaiting the outcome of PHAROAH and if you could do COUNTDOWN that would be awwwwwwwwwsome

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

» YouTube video

Did you film that with a potato?

J/k - looks awesome dude - well done!

#305 6 years ago

I'm excited for the black knight set!

#306 6 years ago

Hi , Just tried to order from your site http://www.pinballgifts.com They don't ship to Australia . do i have to order to us address and have them forward?
Any thoughts on a Gottlieb countdown overlay?

1 week later
#307 6 years ago

How about Flash Gordon with over 10,000 produced and always played hard

#308 6 years ago

I'm with this guy ^ +2 for Flash Gordon!

#309 6 years ago

Flash Gordon pleeeeeease.

#311 6 years ago

That's a +4 for Flash Gordon

#312 6 years ago

+5

#313 6 years ago

So how do these work with star/rollover targets? Is there just a circular cutout, or a star?

#315 6 years ago

Thanks. So, if I understand that correctly, the star insert is removed and re-inserted to be flush with the overlay. Doesn't sound too bad.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Thanks. So, if I understand that correctly, the star insert is removed and re-inserted to be flush with the overlay. Doesn't sound too bad.

That is correct.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Except your rollovers are probably brittle and fragile. The keyline art typically is on the insert.. so even using new inserts adds a twist.. and the hardtop placement must be perfect (probably what he is talking about the routing.. cut to fit)

Maybe someone should just create new star posts that are taller. But that too risks fatally breaking the brittle inserts as you insert the new star.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except your rollovers are probably brittle and fragile. The keyline art typically is on the insert.. so even using new inserts adds a twist.. and the hardtop placement must be perfect (probably what he is talking about the routing.. cut to fit)
Maybe someone should just create new star posts that are taller. But that too risks fatally breaking the brittle inserts as you insert the new star.

I think I'd just opt for a new insert instead of re-using the original. I kind of like the idea of a clear star insert, even if I'd have to hand draw the keyline art. I've never removed/installed a star insert. I take it that given their nature, they're tough to work with without breaking?

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I think I'd just opt for a new insert instead of re-using the original. I kind of like the idea of a clear star insert, even if I'd have to hand draw the keyline art. I've never removed/installed a star insert. I take it that given their nature, they're tough to work with without breaking?

Not too bad to remove / replace, but they are usually really dirty. For sure I would go with brand new inserts

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Not too bad to remove / replace, but they are usually really dirty. For sure I would go with brand new inserts

Yes. This is the best way. Inserts and stars are relatively cheap and the old ones are faded and dirty. With a little heat, they are easy to knock out and even easier to replace. I don't even bother to glue mine back in the hole as they fit fairly tight anyway.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

You would be surprised at how little you will miss the black keyline that was around your old insert. Your play action will have improved so much you will be more busy tracking the ball across the play field than checking for some black line.

The easy and only real safe way to remove the star from the insert is to cut the mushroomed bottom of the star off and slide it out of the insert. There is very little risk of breaking the insert when installing a new star. Stars cost around a dollar each and I was having good luck just knocking them out of the insert---until my luck ran out and I broke an insert. So, now, for a dollar a pop, I keep several extra stars on hand.

#322 6 years ago

I pulled the playfield last night to look at it. Doesn't look like a bad job to replace the star insert. I just sent my mpu board off to be worked on so this would be a great project while the machine is down.

1 week later
#323 6 years ago

I think I would be interested in a Lost World

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

They are not hard to remove... but any idea of reusing should go out the door. The plastic just gets too brittle so that even replacing just the star is often a fatal move.

What we need is a disc that can move with the star

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I think I would be interested in a Lost World

I'd second that. My lost world is in pretty good condition, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't need this at some point down the road.

#326 6 years ago

Taxi is getting close to release. IMG_4483 (resized).JPGIMG_4483 (resized).JPGA few pictures for youTaxi HT1 (resized).JPGTaxi HT1 (resized).JPGTaxi HT2 (resized).JPGTaxi HT2 (resized).JPGWhich would you rather have?

#327 6 years ago

How's Comet coming along?

#328 6 years ago

FUUUUTUREEEE SPAAAAAAAA. =F

#329 6 years ago

Do you still need a black knight playfield?

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Taxi is getting close to release. A few pictures for youWhich would you rather have?

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Taxi is getting close to release.

I'm in for Taxi! Hope it will be soon!

#332 6 years ago

Taxi has now been added to our site. www.pinballgifts.com Order away!

#333 6 years ago

Order placed for Taxi. Thanks!

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Order placed for Taxi. Thanks!

IMG_4513 (resized).JPGIMG_4513 (resized).JPGYou will love it!

#335 6 years ago

Very much looking forward to the Mata Hari hardtop! I'll be ordering this once officially announced!

-Steve

#336 6 years ago

Did anyone mention Embryon?? Cuz that would be neat-o.... After Nine Ball, of course...

#337 6 years ago

Space Shuttle "NON HOTDOG VERSION" inserts Hardtop has been made live for ordering @ www.pinballgifts.com. Thanks everyone for your patience on that. That should cover Space Shuttle!

#338 6 years ago

I would love one of these for Pinbot, I know CPR did a run but they are impossible to find and super pricey. I think there are still a lot of Pinbots out there that are right in the demographic for this product. Not collector quality restore projects worth a $800-1000 playfield but 300 would make them awesome.

#339 6 years ago

Just ordered a Taxi! I hope this turns out well

Keep up the great work guys!

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Just ordered a Taxi! I hope this turns out well
Keep up the great work guys!

Ya know, I did kind of think "Oh sure, they put this out for Taxi after I sell mine."
At least the game will get one anyway.
You're going to like it. Stop by if you want to see the one I did on Space Shuttle.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You will love it!

What you guys are doing for pinball with your hardtops is over the top.

#342 6 years ago

Outside Edge is proud to announce Wizard! It will be live sometime this week and available to order @ www.pinballgifts.com

Soon... Comet and Future Spa

#343 6 years ago

I really, really want to buy a SS hard top for a future buy but don't know if I should get hotdog or Non. Buy both!??!? Lol

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I really, really want to buy a SS hard top for a future buy but don't know if I should get hotdog or Non. Buy both!??!? Lol

Whichever one you get, you'll end up buying the opposite machine.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It is my understanding that these are not going to disappear, so you should be okay.

#346 6 years ago

I can't wait to buy one of these. Just waiting for any title I own to be made. How about one for Grand Lizard? Upper playfield always takes a beating and large number of owners out there. Keep up the great work.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Buy both, then buy the pin. Sell the hardtop that you don't need for a slight loss on Pinside later. #coverallbases

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I can't wait to buy one of these. Just waiting for any title I own to be made. How about one for Grand Lizard? Upper playfield always takes a beating and large number of owners out there. Keep up the great work.

I'll second that.

#349 6 years ago

I'm town for upper playfield on Grand Lizard +2

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have the hotdog version installed on mine, where the original playfield has the round inserts.
Quick bit of black paint pen around the inserts before putting the hardtop down and it looks great.
I like the hotdog look better, and that's the appearance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.