3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg

There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.
#251 6 years ago

Anyone say frontier!? Well wish list Frontier

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Lol, Frontier!!! All frontiers have issues, accept a very very few

#253 6 years ago

I think a lot of System 11 games will benefit from this product. Whatever type of lacquer finish William's used at the time was terrible, and CPR replacements are either unobtainium or expensive. It would save a lot of games for sure. I'd also like to throw in a vote for Captain Fantastic, and some other desirable EMs that have often destroyed playfields.

#254 6 years ago

My Viking could kinda use one of these.

IMG_9112 (resized).JPGIMG_9112 (resized).JPG

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Frontier is on the list! It will be done.

#256 6 years ago

Embryon ?

#257 6 years ago

I have a HS project that is almost fully stripped. I can put off the project for another few months if that means I don't have to do the sand/clear/decals/clear/overlay/clear with all the sanding and buffing associated with it.

#258 6 years ago

How about a Nude version of Future Spa, that would be awesome. Mostly just kidding, my playfield is actually pretty good so, not sure I'll do this but maybe. Again kidding(mostly).

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hello All Space Shuttle Hardtop purchasers! When you get your machines back up and running after the Hardtop install, be sure to show us all your games! Also, report on how it plays also if you don't mind. I feel like we have **a lot** of folks waiting to hear how this all works before they order. Any results shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Protoyping now... Pharaoh and Wizard!
SOON: Comet and Taxi and Future Spa

I completed the install on my Space Shuttle and have been playing for five days. Terrific product!! Game place fast and smooth.

I completely sanded the playfield before installation with an orbital sander and polished the plastics. Installation was easy. In a couple of places the adhesive came off with the paper but it was easy to put back in place, and there were a couple of screw holes that had to be drilled. The ball return catches on the plastic so I had to cut a small notch in the hardtop. Those were the only issues.

I would love to see a Firepower in the near future.

#260 6 years ago

Still hoping for a Baby Pac. Seems relatively tiny/easy to do. There and lots of trashed ones and this is sooo much better than an overly.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Still hoping for a Baby Pac. Seems relatively tiny/easy to do. There and lots of trashed ones and this is sooo much better than an overly.

The issue with that one is licensing. We do not currently have that title on our initial list as a result.

#262 6 years ago

Pharaoh will be placed on our website... www.pinballgifts.com very soon! We are ready to ship this title.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My Viking could kinda use one of these.

Yes me too, most viking playfields are toast, I have one waiting for something like this

#264 6 years ago

Some Classic Stern Titles would be great, Bally, Williams, Gottlieb titles are always being done, Classic Sterns seem to get very little of anything made.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Some Classic Stern Titles would be great, Bally, Williams, Gottlieb titles are always being done, Classic Sterns seem to get very little of anything made.

Stern ALI? I would buy one of these in a heartbeat and the purple colors would really pop with this process.

-c

#266 6 years ago

Barracora please!

#267 6 years ago

I would think in order to make these titles, they would have to take pre orders in order to assure financial success. Some minimum number of hardtop overlays must be required. Games like Barracora or ALI would be hard to get to what ever that number is because of the low number of games produced. I have a number of games that I would submit a pre order. This could include a refundable deposit if the hardtop overlay was not produced.

#268 6 years ago

Pharaoh is now live on our site for order. www.pinballgifts.com

#269 6 years ago

Also.. within the next 14 days, Taxi and Comet will both be released for initial prototyping. Once these are installed in the protoyper's games and bugs worked out, they will be added to our site as well.

#270 6 years ago

This is awesome news. I have a pretty worn Taxi that I cleared to protect before putting it on route. I'll be picking up one of these for that machine at some point. Can you tease us as to what titles are coming up next? Hoping High Speed is up there as I haven't cleared that one yet and would be a day 1 buyer (or a happy tester if needed).

#271 6 years ago

I've noticed none of the first few games have star rollovers. Is it too thick to be put on a game with star rollovers? Has it been tested or even considered? Or would it just not work

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I've noticed none of the first few games have star rollovers. Is it too thick to be put on a game with star rollovers? Has it been tested or even considered? Or would it just not work

Star rollovers have been discussed in this thread (or in the couple other HardTop threads before). There has been some testing and development done.

#273 6 years ago

I second Embryon.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

From what I understand noone owns the rights to the classic Stern titles (games through 1984). A fellow Pinsider is making the last of his Star Gazer playfields, and should be shipping Seawitch playfields by end of this year. IMO Meteor, Catacomb and Flight 2000 would make great candidates for hard tops. They were large production runs (for classic Sterns) and almost every playfield on these titles is severely worn down.

#275 6 years ago

I have a Stargazer Playfield which I ordered off John on the first batch and his work is truly amazing, unfortunately Johns health is not going very well so he is no longer doing playfields after he finishes all of what he has left to do, but his health and wellbeing is much more important and I wish him all the best. Quicksilver and Trident and Dracula would also be great candidates as they are also nearly all worn. even plastic sets would be a help.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Wizard is being installed (prototype) as we speak with star rollovers. The procedure is a little more in depth... but very manageable. It will require the use of a small finishing router once the hardtop is installed, then set the rollover to the new depth (that was removed prior to installation for the Hardtop). I am hoping to have video on the process as well.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is awesome news. I have a pretty worn Taxi that I cleared to protect before putting it on route. I'll be picking up one of these for that machine at some point. Can you tease us as to what titles are coming up next? Hoping High Speed is up there as I haven't cleared that one yet and would be a day 1 buyer (or a happy tester if needed).

We hope to announce this very soon. There will be 4-5 more titles announced in the next 30 days. Then, it will be a matter of finding folks to work with for prototyping. I will have more on that subject at that time.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

From what I understand noone owns the rights to the classic Stern titles (games through 1984)

Does he! And he's a Monkee as well! Damnnnn!

rd

IMG_6325 (resized).JPGIMG_6325 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Wrong band, idiot! Haha

#279 6 years ago

Considering this for a space shuttle... but I'm doubtful the play field will be solid enough for it to work.

#280 6 years ago

Finished tweaking things after my install. It looks and plays great.
Also, since I'm lazy, I did not take things off the bottom of the playfield. Obviously everything had to come off the top, but I left the bottom fully populated. In fact, I worked with the playfield in the cabinet and the harness still connected. I had to lift/lower the playfield a million times, but it worked pretty well.
Not sure that would work with a complicated multi-ramp playfield, but worked fine for Space Shuttle.
So whenever High Speed and Time Warp are ready..............

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No...Herman's Hermits.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Was he a no one before he became a Monkey....or after?

#283 6 years ago

I would love to try one of these on a bally playboy. This would also be a great alternative for doing rethemes

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from yendor0:

No...Herman's Hermits.

Haha you're right! That'll teach me for meaning a smart ass.

I saw Hermans Hermits play once actually, it was either Disney World or Universal in Florida about 1999. Weren't too bad!

The standout song was "hey hey we're the Monkees".

rd

1 week later
#285 6 years ago

I'd be down for Comet. Being that the playfield paint on most Comets is about as durable as your average chalk drawing and with all the rough looking Comets out there, I imagine you'd sell a few.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

How about a Nude version of Future Spa, that would be awesome. Mostly just kidding, my playfield is actually pretty good so, not sure I'll do this but maybe. Again kidding(mostly).

I'm in....unless it's the CaptainNeo version where there's dicks everywhere too. Sorry, @quiddity.

#287 6 years ago

Any chance a firepower will be produced? Still a lot of fire powers around but decent playfields are scarce.

#288 6 years ago

how about Mata Hari

#289 6 years ago

This post is 4 months old. I love the product and am looking forward to them announcing a title I need. I bet many of us are in this same boat. Any hints on whats coming up? How many new titles can they come up with each year? One a Month? Did I miss a announcement? Eight Ball Deluxe is my first chose but Ill bet I have 5 to 10 others playfilds that could use a new hardtop.

#290 6 years ago

Picked up a Future Spa last night, so I no longer have JUST a playfield...now I actually want that hardtop ASAP so looking forward to some positive news on that!

#291 6 years ago

Hi All,
Taxi and Comet are close to releasing only one to be prototyped. Those folks have already been selected. Once these are installed and tweaks made (as almost always is needed)... they will go on our site. Wizard is already being installed. As for more?? Of course! Future Spa is next up. Then, we will announce 4-6 more that we will work on for the remainder of the year. The goal is 8-12 per year. We will have 5 titles completed and added at www.pinballgifts.com as they are released. So far Space Shuttle and Pharaoh are there and ready for ordering!
Once we announce our next batch, we will need one stripped playfield sent to us for design and fitment. In return, this donor will get their palyfield back with a FREE Hardtop. Stay tuned... and many titles asked about so far in this thread will be done. Patience... this is not a fast process if you all want it to fit and work correctly. Thank you all for your interest.

#292 6 years ago

Comet, outstanding. Just made my day.

#293 6 years ago

I'd be happy to send you my Paragon playfield if I get it back with a hardtop!

#294 6 years ago

Any chance a Firepower is coming in the future? These playfields wether reproduction or decent original are impossible to find now.

I installed the hardtop product on my space shuttle and am very pleased with it.

Thanks,

Robert

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Any chance a Firepower is coming in the future? These playfields wether reproduction or decent original are impossible to find now.
I installed the hardtop product on my space shuttle and am very pleased with it.
Thanks,
Robert

Yes sir... I believe it is on the list. When? not sure yet.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

I believe it is on the list.

Yes!
And Time Warp, and Nine Ball, and High Speed, and...............
(Love you guys!)

#297 6 years ago

When is Frontier coming?

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

how about Mata Hari

I second that! Would love to do my MH.

#299 6 years ago

I'm down for Taxi! I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of them!

#300 6 years ago

Im Awaiting the outcome of PHAROAH and if you could do COUNTDOWN that would be awwwwwwwwwsome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!
Playfields
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 19.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.