3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 6 years ago

Flash Gordon for sure.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Flash Gordon for sure.

I cannot get the FG Character IP owners to follow through I will keep trying.

#203 6 years ago

Man my hopes are so high for FG. Please save us all !

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Man my hopes are so high for FG. Please save us all !

Tell me about it!

#205 6 years ago

Hi All Daz from Perth Australia. Here are some pics of my abandoned Pharaoh awaiting overlay . In the meantime i have a new lover see wedge head box pic.

20170518_165523 (resized).jpg20170518_165523 (resized).jpg

20170518_165806 (resized).jpg20170518_165806 (resized).jpg

20170518_165549 (resized).jpg20170518_165549 (resized).jpg

20170518_170023 (resized).jpg20170518_170023 (resized).jpg

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from pindaz:

Hi All Daz from Perth Australia. Here are some pics of my abandoned Pharaoh awaiting overlay . In the meantime i have a new lover see wedge head box pic.

You are in luck my friend.. This title is likely the next to ship.... give us a few weeks! play on

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

What the hell could they possibly have to lose? Can you just put mustaches on all the characters and call it a parody work? I'd still buy one.

#208 6 years ago

I've been after scans of a Comet playfield for years, so I'm buying one of these overlays if only to scan the art to repair my two Comets.

#209 6 years ago

Are these prone to scratching at all?

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

I'm sure enough FG owners would be willing to add on a license fee to get a better playfield. I'm sure those guys have a dollar figure in mind and just need to figure out what it is. Unfortunately for games like pinball arcade I suspect they paid >$25k for Addams family license. Clearly can't afford that and perhaps why there is no FG in pinball arcade.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Our product has a special hard coating to prevent scratching. That being said, it is NOT scratch PROOF. The art is basically un touchable, however.. as it is reverse printed on the backside. Our product is intended to be an affordable second choice to a brand new playfield. (If one exists). The product will be greatly appreciated when it is covering a horribly worn (beyond usable/presentable state) playfield... and an otherwise almost worthless game now has a shiny new surface with perfect art. Will it last forever, NO! How long will it last? We designed it to last for years. It will not be impossible years from now to strip it off and re-apply a new one (as long as our young'ens keep the home fire burning) . I will not say getting it off won't generate some foul language though..... It's designed to hang on.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I should also point out that we DID take the time and money to have our harcoat compared to the typically used clear coat on a real playfield... and our coating is harder. We had to have this test conducted in Israel at the plastic manufacturer's lab.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

You are in luck my friend.. This title is likely the next to ship.... give us a few weeks! play on

Awwwwwwsome , Cant wait. Any indication on price and postage for Aussie pin enthusiasts ? Would be great if you posted a demo video of its application. .

#214 6 years ago

Just ordered the Space Shuttle hardtop off Outsidedge's website. Super excited to install on my roached space shuttle.

#215 6 years ago

Classic Stern Seawitch

#216 6 years ago

I started on my Shuttle make over and it took 2 1/2 hours to strip the top of the playfield . The next day took 5 hours of prep work as I removing what was left of the old mylar, rubbing the glue off, sanding the inserts and playfield. I did lay the hard top down before any sanding to see if everything lined up with all the holes and inserts. There were 2 holes I need to trim and 3 small screw holes that need to be adjusted also. The 2 holes were not Hardtops fault as the holes were not drilled right on the play field so really look it over and take your time. I am hoping by tonight that I have the overlay stuck down.

#217 6 years ago

Just installed the new playfield and it looks awesome. I did have a few holes that needed to be reamed out to one side but that was no big deal. This playfield is very scratch resistant as I tried to scratch it with my screw driver down under the bow tie and it takes some pressure to make a scratch. this is some tough stuff! I am very pleased with this and is very simple to do!

DSC00987 (resized).JPGDSC00987 (resized).JPG

DSC00986 (resized).JPGDSC00986 (resized).JPG

DSC00985 (resized).JPGDSC00985 (resized).JPG

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What the hell could they possibly have to lose? Can you just put mustaches on all the characters and call it a parody work? I'd still buy one.

Patience fellow Pinsiders. We are working on FG. It will likely happen... just when is the unknown part. It won't be "years".... but could be a while.

#221 6 years ago

I'm really excited to see what the future holds for this. There are a few playfields I could use so here's to hoping the ones I need get produced.

#222 6 years ago

How clear is the adhesive? I'm thinking over the inserts, are you able to see it? Do you have a closeup of inserts? I'm picturing a heavy duty adhesive that may have a translucent texture or crinkled look for lack of a better term. Will it ever yellow?

#223 6 years ago

There is no adhesive on the inserts

#224 6 years ago

Another FG request here....patiently waiting. Thank you!

#225 6 years ago

Space Invaders I have seen are trashed so a hardtop for one would be sweet , considering the artwork on the playfield is amazing

#226 6 years ago

I have one big vote for a Mr and Ms Pacman hardtop. Every single one of these is beat to hell and bare wood in the pac maze area. Nobody has any seeming interest in making plastics or a playfield for this machine, despite the fact I am seeing units sold for $1300 recently (yes a real sale). Lots of us have love for this machine but a sad lack of parts to get them back to life.

#227 6 years ago

And one more thing. There is probably some apprehension about running any playfields that CPR recently produced. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Try finding even a Skateball out there (the latest), they aren't to be found...I should know I just bought a trashed Skateball. Fathom .... ditto. Centaur .... if you didn't grab it when it got made you are outta luck. My xenon sits waiting for the boutique run of these. I'd gladly buy a hardtop to give me something before the 1+ year it will take to get CPR repro finally here. I love CPR don't get me wrong, and everything they do for the industry. BUT if you didn't have the machine sitting before you right then and there, or happened to have omniscience that several years down the line you would have the machine in your possession, good luck. I just happened to grab an eight ball deluxe so timing works out perfectly (I hope) this time. But for the rest of it I can go whistle.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

And one more thing. There is probably some apprehension about running any playfields that CPR recently produced. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Try finding even a Skateball out there (the latest), they aren't to be found...I should know I just bought a trashed Skateball. Fathom .... ditto. Centaur .... if you didn't grab it when it got made you are outta luck. My xenon sits waiting for the boutique run of these. I'd gladly buy a hardtop to give me something before the 1+ year it will take to get CPR repro finally here. I love CPR don't get me wrong, and everything they do for the industry. BUT if you didn't have the machine sitting before you right then and there, or happened to have omniscience that several years down the line you would have the machine in your possession, good luck. I just happened to grab an eight ball deluxe so timing works out perfectly (I hope) this time. But for the rest of it I can go whistle.

Tell me about it. I was trying to save money for a Skateball playfield and by the time I got the cash they were all gone. The only problem I have with CPR is they only make so many playfields. Too many end up in the hands of scalpers to just flip later at a much higher price.

#229 6 years ago

I vote for Meteor and F-14. I like the idea of not having to do a complete swap, just too much work.

#230 6 years ago

Stern #Nine Ball is a game that could really use this product. If you need a good scan of the full playfield, I have one.

Mac

#231 6 years ago

Eight ball and Old Chicago I'd love to see.

#232 6 years ago

I second (third? Fourth??) Stern Nine Ball. Great collectible game with an always blown out area just above the flippers. Plus lots of inserts that are a PITA to fill and level when doing a traditional touchup and clear restoration. Not sure a full on replacement playfield is likely to be produced any time soon. I'd sand mine down to install a hardtop.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I second (third? Fourth??) Stern Nine Ball.

I third (fourth? Fifth?) Nine Ball. So few of the playfields survived in good shape. I actually have 2 Nine Balls that could use a shiny new playfield. Please do it, OP! I'm also interested in seeing FG get done.

#234 6 years ago

A couple of pictures of my install. Sanded the board down smooth before installing smooth. Took a out 6 hours to tear down the top of the playfield, sand, and install.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I second (third? Fourth??) Stern Nine Ball. Great collectible game with an always blown out area just above the flippers. Plus lots of inserts that are a PITA to fill and level when doing a traditional touchup and clear restoration. Not sure a full on replacement playfield is likely to be produced any time soon. I'd sand mine down to install a hardtop.

Nine Ball is really the perfect candidate for this. Make it and I will help where I can. I have a decent scan of a restored playfield that you are free to use, and a Nine Ball that can serve as the first test unit

Mac

#236 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe please.

#237 6 years ago

how much i would like one for my space shuttle

#238 6 years ago

Does anyone have a good pic of a space shuttle playfield that shows the location of the top of playfield pieces? I took some pics of my playfield prior to hardtop install but lost them and I want to make sure I get everything back in the right place.

Thanks

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Does anyone have a good pic of a space shuttle playfield that shows the location of the top of playfield pieces? I took some pics of my playfield prior to hardtop install but lost them and I want to make sure I get everything back in the right place.
Thanks

These help?

IMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPG

IMG_0574 (resized).JPGIMG_0574 (resized).JPG

#240 6 years ago

Yes. Thank you.

Do you have a photo of the lower right between the three drop targets and outlane? It looks like a metal post and plastic post, but I cannot remember if there is a third plastic or post.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Yes. Thank you.
Do you have a photo of the lower right between the three drop targets and outlane? It looks like a metal post and plastic post, but I cannot remember if there is a third plastic or post.

This?

IMG_0576 (resized).JPGIMG_0576 (resized).JPG

#242 6 years ago

Hello All Space Shuttle Hardtop purchasers! When you get your machines back up and running after the Hardtop install, be sure to show us all your games! Also, report on how it plays also if you don't mind. I feel like we have **a lot** of folks waiting to hear how this all works before they order. Any results shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Protoyping now... Pharaoh and Wizard!
SOON: Comet and Taxi and Future Spa

#243 6 years ago

Thank you for the additional picture. That is exactly what I needed. I should be good to go finishing the install

#244 6 years ago

Dear GOD

Please do High Speed!

#245 6 years ago

Let me know when (Bally) Wizard is ready. I have 5 (none have been shopped) and would like to see if this is the solution for all 5. The playfields are OK but do have lots of ball swirls. Wizard is a great game when it is tuned in right. The flippers must be perfect.

#246 6 years ago

Maybe this was already covered, but how thick is the hardtop? Anyone have a pic of one from the side?

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Maybe this was already covered, but how thick is the hardtop? Anyone have a pic of one from the side?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtops-2-pharaoh#post-3781483

#248 6 years ago

Anyone who has installed: did it quiet the game down some like playfield protectors?

#249 6 years ago

Are you recommending mylar around the pops or no?

To anyone who's installed one so far did you add mylar rings and if not have you noticed any diveting around the pops?

#250 6 years ago

Just now saw this somehow...

High speed?
Space Station?
Frontier?
TX-Sector?
Radical!?
Paragon?
Earthshaker?

These are some of the titles that will benefit from this... I'd love to know how the games are playing that have a hardtop installed also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.