3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The rest will be digital.

What "rest"? LOL

#1052 4 years ago

I watched a PAPA video of Funhouse and saw how nice their playfield is. Mine is not nice, so the solution is obviously a hardtop.

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

What "rest"? LOL

Well with the preorder page closed, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#1054 4 years ago

Ali would be great.

3 weeks later
#1055 4 years ago

Did I already ask for a Meteor Hardtop?

2 weeks later
#1056 4 years ago

Anyone else with me for an Embryon hardtop??
Please please please!!

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Please please please!!

I don't have an Embryon, but I would buy a hardtop for a restoration project if I could find one.

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Did I already ask for a Meteor Hardtop?

I second meteor hardtop...again!!

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Please please please!!

Heck yes.

#1060 4 years ago

Meteor
Embryon
SeaWitch
Surf Champ

6 months later
#1061 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed that their hardtop attracts a lot of dust, lint and other small particles? It almost seems as if there’s more static on it than a regular wooden playfield. Any solution for minimizing this?

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Has anyone noticed that their hardtop attracts a lot of dust, lint and other small particles? It almost seems as if there’s more static on it than a regular wooden playfield. Any solution for minimizing this?

I've had my Comet done over a year now and don't notice any dust build up. Have you waxed it?
I have only waxed mine twice both times before a 3 day weekend long show.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I've had my Comet done over a year now and don't notice any dust build up. Have you waxed it?
I have only waxed mine twice both times before a 3 day weekend long show.

Yes. I’ve both waxed and used Wizards Mist N Shine which is supposed to prevent static. But, I still get a lot of hairs and lint on the playfield. And that stands in sharp contrast to my other pins with regular playfields.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes. I’ve both waxed and used Wizards Mist N Shine which is supposed to prevent static. But, I still get a lot of hairs and lint on the playfield. And that stands in sharp contrast to my other pins with regular playfields.

Get a better home air filter system perhaps?

#1065 3 years ago

I've never had issues with my hardtop attracting dirt.

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You know the fact is you can see it now....it was always there but the surface had a dull finish and was likely so blown out that you could never see the dust.

A hardtop shines and you can just see it more.

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Please please please!!

I'd be in on embryon.

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You know the fact is you can see it now....it was always there but the surface had a dull finish and was likely so blown out that you could never see the dust.
A hardtop shines and you can just see it more.

Maybe. But I have two NIB modern games with wooden playfields and haven’t noticed this. I’ll try to take a picture next time I have the glass off.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Clean the paper filter in your shopvac (so you get a full power suck), then vac the entire machine, especially the bottom of the cab.

Lint and hair have to come from somewhere to get under the glass.

Dust of course just comes from the coil stops and rotting rubber.....

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Clean the paper filter in your shopvac (so you get a full power suck), then vac the entire machine, especially the bottom of the cab.
Lint and hair have to come from somewhere to get under the glass.
Dust of course just comes from the coil stops and rotting rubber.....

Maybe that’s it. I’ll give it a try.

1 week later
#1071 3 years ago

Sorcerer one would be nice.

#1072 3 years ago

I am putting a hardtop on a Firepower right now. What are people using to cut the holes bigger for the Round Rollover switches?

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am putting a hardtop on a Firepower right now. What are people using to cut the holes bigger for the Round Rollover switches?

I used a rotary tool for the star rollover on my Comet.

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-hardtop-install-vid-s-guide#post-5910357

5e9b6f0076b3b2063541d70c9bdcf1d39faa7bfa (resized).jpg5e9b6f0076b3b2063541d70c9bdcf1d39faa7bfa (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1075 3 years ago

+1 Seawitch
+1 Sinbad

3 months later
#1076 2 years ago

I'd be in for a couple of Meteor hardtops. I know it was pointed out earlier that outside edge wouldn't do hardtops for machines that had playfields being made but the CPR playfields are so crappy. I bought a crappy CPR playfield but I'd rather have a hardtop. No licensing issue.....lots of Meteors made and lots of hammered Meteors out there. Seems like a no brainer.

#1077 2 years ago

Second meteor.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Let me preface this by saying I do not work directly for Outsidedge. I am nearly a consultant and friends with the owners.
There is currently no agreement with Stern or Gottleib on Hardtops. That does not mean that its not being considered or discussed. It just means for the present time B/W is the only one in the Queue.

Three years ago Skypilot said that for the present time, only B/W titles were being made. Plus, Outsidedge was not planning on making any B/W titles that were already in production or planned to be in production as a repro playfield. CPR recently made Meteor playfields, so I don't think this title would be a priority for Outsideedge. I doubt you'll see any classic Stern hardtops anytime soon.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

CPR playfields are so crappy

Interesting comment. I've had plenty of CPR playfields pass through my hands. I haven't seen any that I would consider anywhere close to "crappy". Guess you had a bit of bad luck. Did you try addressing it with them? You do realize that CPR is just a handful of people and not some huge corporation, right? Just like Outside Edge.

I'm just happy that we have options now, whether it's replacement playfields or hardtops. And if you don't like either of those, good luck finding something NOS.

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Interesting comment. I've had plenty of CPR playfields pass through my hands. I haven't seen any that I would consider anywhere close to "crappy". Guess you had a bit of bad luck. Did you try addressing it with them? You do realize that CPR is just a handful of people and not some huge corporation, right? Just like Outside Edge.
I'm just happy that we have options now, whether it's replacement playfields or hardtops. And if you don't like either of those, good luck finding something NOS.

Let me be more clear. I can't complain at all about anything CPR can fix. I have no problem with the quality of the playfield itself.
It's the art work. For the money charged it should be closer to correct if not completely correct. I'm a bit bitter as I purchased the last
of the previous run of playfields that was missing the scores near the Meteor drop targets. I admit no one twisted my arm but there was no guarantee there would be another run and no mention of the score problem being addressed if there was a second run. I'm glad we have options now as well. I got my first machine in 1981 and I can remember some skinny times parts wise. Now more than ever we have access to parts that we didn't before and that's great. I'm not a cheapskate, I'm just not rich. $800 is a enough money to me, to keep me from simply buying a second playfield, especially for a machine that's worth what? Maybe $2200 in excellent shape. I'm sure I'm not the only person who bought a playfield right before the second run and was disappointed. It's not the end of the world.
At least I haven't installed the playfield yet. I also have a hardtop for my Comet I can't wait to install.

I must have good luck. There's been a NOS Meteor playfield on eBay for months now!

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I'm a bit bitter as I purchased the last of the previous run of playfields that was missing the scores near the Meteor drop targets.

Yeah, I did hear about that particular issue and yes it does suck. I don't blame you for being upset with that. I believe it was addressed on the last run of playfields. Their new production process, using a flat bed UV printer rather than old school screen printing, should give them an opportunity to re-run playfields that they have done in the past and make any necessary corrections, licensing issues notwithstanding. I think the old method really tied their hands at times and prevented smaller runs or re-runs. As with most things in the hobby, things seem to have improved over time.

And I understand your point about how much you want to invest in a playfield versus the value of the game. That's why the hardtops are such a great option. Good luck with your Meteor, whichever way you go!

#1082 2 years ago

Looks like Silverball Mania is up next.

Screenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1083 2 years ago

Would dearly love RADICAL in the pipeline as I believe the fluorescent can be printed now with newer tech?

#1084 2 years ago

Oh man Firepower 2 please.

#1085 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1086 2 years ago

+1 for Cyclone

#1087 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1088 2 years ago

F F F F F F F F F F F F F F

14 F's... one for each time I've wished for a F14 hardtop

2 weeks later
#1089 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210905-075445_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210905-075445_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1090 2 years ago

You have to do Centaur!

#1091 2 years ago

Seawitch would be a good title for a Hardtop.

2 weeks later
#1092 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1093 2 years ago

Well... not anything I was hoping for but ok.

#1094 2 years ago

Mousin' around? Cool.

2 months later
#1095 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Three years ago Skypilot said that for the present time, only B/W titles were being made. Plus, Outsidedge was not planning on making any B/W titles that were already in production or planned to be in production as a repro playfield.

On one hand thats depressing there isn't more options.

On the other, both CPR and Outside Edge make Space Shuttle.

So they do overlap time to time.

I'd like to see a Centaur hardtop, lots of beat playfields out there.

#1097 2 years ago

OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING

#1098 2 years ago

“You know...The Finger Goose!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/22?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.