3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg

There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 5 years ago

N I G H T R I D E R !!!

#952 5 years ago

Firepower that is all..

#953 5 years ago

Has VECTOR been mentioned yet?

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

N I G H T R I D E R !!!

YES.....

I don't understand how you have a popular Bally Game with over 11,000 production & no overlay, no aftermarket PF's...

I offered my Pretty nice NR PF for use as art a while back, & I deleted the PM, but if I recall, he said NR was in the works. Let us pray.

I'm looking forward to Mata Hari, as that will be my first install.

#956 5 years ago

Firepower

Mata Hari

1 week later
#957 5 years ago

Just started reassembly on my Comet and the Hardtop looks amazing!

Would love one for my Blackout, Galaxy or Meteor for my next project from my pins.

#958 5 years ago

I'd love a Bally Supersonic as I just picked up 2 project playfields.

#960 5 years ago

I vote for bally kiss please

#961 5 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man

#962 5 years ago

Hotdoggin' please

#963 5 years ago

Spy Hunter would be good

#964 5 years ago

When I went to Pinfest, the Outside Edge booth mentioned they brought a couple Firepower Hardtops and sold them immediately, and they would be available within a week.

Are they still going to be available?

#965 5 years ago

A new thread with a poll has been started.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread

#966 5 years ago

Xenon
six million dollar man
playboy
kiss

#967 5 years ago

I shall be interested by a black hole hard top

Francis

#968 5 years ago

I would absolutely buy a Six Million Dollar Man as well.... this is another semi popular Bally title that has never come up even for discussion as a CPR/Mirco or as an overlay as far as I know of. I've looked & looked for an overlay, but seems no one has ever done one.

#969 5 years ago

We need a Bobby Orr. All the CPR playfields are sold. And I’m not paying $1200 scalper price for one.

2 weeks later
#970 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

We need a Bobby Orr. All the CPR playfields are sold. And I’m not paying $1200 scalper price for one.

CPR just announced they bought new tech that will let them build to order, so those scalpers just lost all their banked profit.

1 week later
#971 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

CPR just announced they bought new tech that will let them build to order, so those scalpers just lost all their banked profit.

Where was the announcement?

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yeah except for the fact that making a playfield to order is going to cost almost as much as the scalper price. Their new printer might make it easier to make one offs but you will still have to pay more for tooling setup.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah except for the fact that making a playfield to order is going to cost almost as much as the scalper price. There new printer might make it easier to make one offs but you will still have to more for tooling setup.

Unless when you order one playfield they make ten and place the extra nine in their store for sale to the public

#976 5 years ago

In for Strikes And Spares!!

#977 5 years ago

Just saw a firepower hardtop on here somewhere. Does this mean you have them available for sale? Please pm I want one...!

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah except for the fact that making a playfield to order is going to cost almost as much as the scalper price. Their new printer might make it easier to make one offs but you will still have to pay more for tooling setup.

I haven't been that impressed with CPR quality either. I have a gold in my high speed and the clear coat sucks and the inserts are already starting to sink. All the inserts have this speckling to them. I installed a hardtop on my space shuttle and I've got my fingers crossed that they continue making them for the other games that could use a little love because the product is amazing. The game looks and plays fantastic and installation was a snap compared to a full swap. I wish I would've had the option for a hardtop instead of the CRP.
I don't want to smack talk CPR as I'm super thrilled that there are people actually making the PFs but for my money unless you're getting an original PF restored by a pro - the hardtop is the way to go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-hard-top-installation-durability-test

I'll grab some current photos this weekend if I remember to show how amazing it looks still.

#980 5 years ago

Do you guys think you will do F-14?

#981 5 years ago

I am still waiting on F-14 myself. I will take two please!!

#982 5 years ago

Got my Evel Knievel delivered about a month ago, just got around to opening the box and checking it out. Looks great!!

Will maybe report back during install.

20180722_105549 (resized).jpg20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#983 5 years ago

I am super excited about this product, but wondering if Blackout was decided to be a future hard top?
I wrote this question on the hard top website, but never got a reply.
I also have a Black Knight that I am considering doing, as I know those are available, but not sure how much money I want to sink into that game.
The Blackout is a game I know I want to keep, but the playfield is quite worn.
Lastly, for those of you that have done the hard top, how has it held up? does the shine get dull in wear areas like even the protectors do?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Brad

#984 5 years ago

I have the Hardtop on my Space Shuttle for about a year now and it still looks like the day I installed it. Just installed one on Firepower last week and this product makes it play like a whole new game. I think its money well spent and its not that hard to do at all. Look on the other thread on Hardtops for more info and pictures.

#985 5 years ago

+1 wondering if Blackout will be made. It’ll be worth the wait. Is it a sure thing once the higher demand games are done?

#986 5 years ago

If you search the original Hardtop thread they did say it would be done but with how popular these have become and them putting Blackout in the poll, I'm not optimistic.

1 week later
#987 5 years ago

I finally got around to starting my Firepower.
I managed to get one of the first two test FP hardtops that went to Allentown in the Spring, but didn't have time until now.

Also, I'm going through the process of converting my FP to inlcude the proto drop targets so I'm been modifying the playfield a little to accept new 10pt switches behind the target banks. I simply routed the new slots into the playfield and then repeated the process on the hardtop after I stuck it down. Easy peasy.

The rebuild starts tonight!

20180817_190855 (resized).jpg20180817_190855 (resized).jpg20180819_213803 (resized).jpg20180819_213803 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#988 5 years ago

Is Pinbot in the running still? I swear I saw it on a prior version of the poll on the front page, and it is now missing there, but it is also not for sale on the site?

#989 5 years ago

I think any classic Stern would be a slam dunk with this product.

So many games out there that are in high demand and always have beat playfields. Meteor, Seawitch, Quicksilver, Big Game, Stars etc......

#991 5 years ago

Meteor would sell through the roof. they made so many and they are always beat. Repro stern playfields have been a very underserviced part of this market. Only F2K comes to mind... and the seawitch/star gazer projects that John Greatwich has been struggling to push through for years.

If it were me I'd go for the high volume stuff like Meteor and then I'd follow up with games like Big Game and Stars for sure. You'd probably never sell enough Seawitch or Quicksilver to make it profitable.

#992 5 years ago

I'm all in for a pinbot!!!

#993 5 years ago

Finally got my Firepower hardtop installation completed... and I did the proto drop target mod in the process.

Here's a quick pic and some video.

IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpgIMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Finally got my Firepower hardtop installation completed... and I did the proto drop target mod in the process.
Here's a quick pic and some video.
[quoted image]

Fantastic mod, how much does each drop add.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Fantastic mod, how much does each drop add.

I'm not sure I understand the question? Are we talking about points? If so, each target scores the same as if it were the original standup.
Of course, if the target is down and you hit the rubber behind it, that wouldn't work. So, part of the mod is to router the back of the target opening enough to add a new switch behind each rubber (2 in total). Now, if the target is dropped and you hit the rubber, you make that switch and the game still scores a value.

Aside from all of the wiring, the mod just requires two early Williams drop target banks (the ones with the horseshoe connectors) and two standup leaf switches.

Some peopl argue that it'll show the game down but I find direct shots to the drops are just as dangerous as before... and hitting the bare rubber behind them is crazy scary

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Finally got my Firepower hardtop installation completed...

Looks fast and badass ....which is what one comes to expect from your restores

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I think any classic Stern would be a slam dunk with this product.
So many games out there that are in high demand and always have beat playfields. Meteor, Seawitch, Quicksilver, Big Game, Stars etc......

+1 for quicksilver
+1 for meteor
+1 for sea witch
+1 for stars

I'll take all 4

#999 5 years ago

Another vote for Supersonic. I applied one of those crappy vinyl overlays to my blown-out playfield, and it looked fine for a few hours then started contorting and bubbling all over the place. It's a complete mess. Had to cover the overlay with a sheet of lexan and even with that, the places it has wrinkled up have caused humps in the lexan big enough to change the course of ball travel.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Another vote for Supersonic. I applied one of those crappy vinyl overlays to my blown-out playfield, and it looked fine for a few hours then started contorting and bubbling all over the place. It's a complete mess. Had to cover the overlay with a sheet of lexan and even with that, the places it has wrinkled up have caused humps in the lexan big enough to change the course of ball travel.

Try popping the air bubbles with a sharp needle (insert it at the side of the bubble), and pushing them down flat to squeeze the air out.

Then put the lexan back over the top.

Give it a go, should work ok. At least it’ll be playable.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/20?hl=drewbo81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.