3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180901_192913_572 (resized).jpg
20180819_213803 (resized).jpg
20180817_190855 (resized).jpg
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
DSC01135 (resized).JPG
380DA19B-3C4F-425C-9D7B-19824A0AA39D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
#501 6 years ago

Barracora!

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Any Chance of doing a Sorcerer Hardtop have not seen anything available for it anywhere

Sorcerer is in the CPR queue. Outside edge is not currently doing any hardtops on games that have playfields being made by others TMK.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sorcerer is in the CPR queue. Outside edge is not currently doing any hardtops on games that have playfields being made by others TMK.

Any plans for Flight 2000 or any other classic Sterns or Bally's?

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Any plans for Flight 2000 or any other classic Sterns or Bally's?

B/W is all that I'm aware of at present.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

B/W is all that I'm aware of at present.

Meteor has been in Cpr’s Boutique “gathering interest” section for at least nine months now. Stern made 8,362 Meteors and almost everyone that I have seen has sections worn to the wood or heavy planking. This title should sell well for you.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Meteor has been in Cpr’s Boutique “gathering interest” section for at least nine months now. Stern made 8,362 Meteors and almost everyone that I have seen has sections worn to the wood or heavy planking. This title should sell well for you.

Let me preface this by saying I do not work directly for Outsidedge. I am nearly a consultant and friends with the owners.

There is currently no agreement with Stern or Gottleib on Hardtops. That does not mean that its not being considered or discussed. It just means for the present time B/W is the only one in the Queue.

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Let me preface this by saying I do not work directly for Outsidedge. I am nearly a consultant and friends with the owners.
There is currently no agreement with Stern or Gottleib on Hardtops. That does not mean that its not being considered or discussed. It just means for the present time B/W is the only one in the Queue.

Skypilot Steve at pbresource does have the liscense for Gottlieb. Stern Electronics went bankrupt and closed their doors in 1984. Stern Pinball is a completely different company. The patents on Stern Electronics expired long ago. Stern Pinball is not associated with Stern Electronics.

You don’t have anyone to pay a liscensing fee to, or ask permission to make Stern Electronics products.

#508 6 years ago

A rollergames would be great too!! Still throwing another vote for Bally playboy

#509 6 years ago

Wow this looks amazing!

Might be a reach but here is my wishlist:

Spirit, Haunted House, Black Hole
Swords of Fury

Keep up the great work!

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Any Chance of doing a Sorcerer Hardtop have not seen anything available for it anywhere

Sorcerer is on the CPR repro playfield list for future.
Edit: I see Skypilot already answered this. Anyway, you can sign up for a CPR playfield.

#511 6 years ago

Finished up my Comet last night. Really impressed with the hardtop. The artwork looks great and the play field looks like it's got a sheet of glass over it. Gameplay is faster and the ball seems to glide across the surface.

One thing I would note for anyone doing an installation. Understandably, no two playfields are alike. All of the cutouts on mine lined up perfectly, but I ended up having a few inserts that were off. Not sure if you can make it out in the picture(the ride again light is noticeable). Since the overlay has a white film over it, it's tough to line up the inserts. I would suggest either removing the white film, or placing a light behind your playfield when lining up the overlay.

All in all, great job on these. It really is a great product and my machine looks like it's brand new.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I would suggest either removing the white film

This is or should be in the instructions. When the first games were proto typed we changed the format to include removal of the white protective film. My first videos had the plastic taken off last. I need to correct that.

#513 6 years ago

New Black Knight owner and new to this site but would be interested in a hardtop for the Black Knight was referred to this post by another member as I was originally looking for a reproduction but cannot find one anywhere as everyone is sold out and not making them anymore.

#514 6 years ago

Another Solarfire please!

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Herugrim:

Another Solarfire please!

here here! solar fire yes!

#516 6 years ago

Yes Solar Fire please, I have 2 ready for restoration.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from Limited89:

New Black Knight owner and new to this site but would be interested in a hardtop for the Black Knight was referred to this post by another member as I was originally looking for a reproduction but cannot find one anywhere as everyone is sold out and not making them anymore.

I believe Black Knight is almost ready fo release.

#518 6 years ago

RADICAL ? I know it is Bally, but this would be awesome.

#519 6 years ago

Sweet please keep me informed on here to when and where I can get a black night hardtop

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

RADICAL ? I know it is Bally, but this would be awesome.

Yeah, and Bitchin' too.

#521 6 years ago

Skateball?

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Yeah, and Bitchin' too.

Skate or die!

#523 6 years ago

Another vote for SPACE STATION!!

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from Limited89:

Sweet please keep me informed on here to when and where I can get a black night hardtop

Just keep an eye on this site: http://www.pinballgifts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html

1 week later
#525 6 years ago

These look so good, really hoping for 8 ball deluxe

#526 6 years ago

Here is a couple of pictures of the completed product of the Taxi Hardtop install. I could not be happier. There has been at least 75 games played on this and the playfield looks spotless. Plays super fast! I'll try to post a video of the game play.

20171123_162031 (resized).jpg20171123_162031 (resized).jpg

20171123_162119 (resized).jpg20171123_162119 (resized).jpg

20171123_162102 (resized).jpg20171123_162102 (resized).jpg

#527 6 years ago

I played this Taxi a couple of weeks ago. I looks and plays great.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Here is a couple of pictures of the completed product of the Taxi Hardtop install. I could not be happier. There has been at least 75 games played on this and the playfield looks spotless. Plays super fast! I'll try to post a video of the game play.</blockquote

Looks great, but IMHO it would look better with incandescent bulbs.

#529 6 years ago

Silverball Mania

1 week later
#530 6 years ago

Pinbot & Space Station!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

Pinbot & Space Station!

I have both of these machines and their playfields are okay, not great, and not blown out. They could use a mylar removal, touchups, re-leveling of some inserts, and a decal job on the inserts. That said, if I was going to go through that much trouble and time, I would just get a hardtop. I like the way my Space Shuttle looks so much, I wish all my machines were like that.

#532 6 years ago

Haunted House please !!

#533 6 years ago
#534 6 years ago

How does this transition between the shooter lane and the start of this product? I was wondering if it would start to peel there?

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

How does this transition between the shooter lane and the start of this product? I was wondering if it would start to peel there?

Just image the modern games that have that metal fork flap that starts in the shooter lane. Now imagine that’s a hard clear plastic. That’s whats going on here if I remember correctly.

#536 6 years ago

There's a v cut into the plastic matching the contours of the shooter lane.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

There's a v cut into the plastic matching the contours of the shooter lane.

Yes, and it is stuck down tight with 3M adhesive tape. It's not going anywhere.

20171208_204905 (resized).jpg20171208_204905 (resized).jpg

#538 6 years ago

That's awesome. Thanks for the pic. I had no clue how it was cut and that it covered the whole area. I just keep stocking the thread for High Speed!

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

That's awesome. Thanks for the pic. I had no clue how it was cut and that it covered the whole area. I just keep stocking the thread for High Speed!

Same here. I am a day one order for High Speed. Have it all taken apart and am ready for the hard top.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Same here. I am a day one order for High Speed. Have it all taken apart and am ready for the hard top.

Same here, I even have an overlay, but seriously don’t want to use it

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Same here, I even have an overlay, but seriously don’t want to use it

Me too. I still have to sand my play field and will fill and shoot with clear, but don’t want to put on the overlay. I’d rather wait (hopefully) a little while longer for this.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Me too. I still have to sand my play field and will fill and shoot with clear, but don’t want to put on the overlay. I’d rather wait (hopefully) a little while longer for this.

I finally have mine stripped all the way down, about to fix the inserts and sand, then clear to flatten everything out.... the printing on the overlay drives me crazy

#543 6 years ago

hehe, I'm ready for High Speed hardtop as well (not nearly as far along as you two though ).

#544 6 years ago

+1 for wanting a High Speed.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I finally have mine stripped all the way down, about to fix the inserts and sand, then clear to flatten everything out.... the printing on the overlay drives me crazy

Why would you bother clearing if you're installing one of these? I would think the adhesion wouldn't be as good.

#546 6 years ago

You want your inserts to be clear coated. And the adhesive on these will have no problem sticking to paint.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Why would you bother clearing if you're installing one of these? I would think the adhesion wouldn't be as good.

To protect the wood and make things as flat as possible.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

To protect the wood and make things as flat as possible.

Please do not try to clearcoat a hardtop. They are not designed to be clear coated. It is a poly carbonate with a special coating on top to help the playfield resist wear.

#549 6 years ago

I restore games all the time. I put in NOS playfields and remake playfields. I have these clearcoated locally by a professional. I have also installed several hardtops. I do not clearcoat these. They are designed as an alternative.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Please do not try to clearcoat a hardtop. They are not designed to be clear coated. It is a poly carbonate with a special coating on top to help the playfield resist wear.

i belive they are talking about clear coating the sanded play field and inserts. not the hardtop itself. unless you recommend not clear coating the sanded play field before hardtop install.. i believe your install vid said sanding inserts and play field up to 2000 was sufficient . and cuping inserts not an issue only raise inserts need to be sanded flat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.