IMG_8877 (resized).jpg
IMG_8884 (resized).jpg
IMG_8855 (resized).jpg
IMG_8854 (resized).jpg
IMG_8852 (resized).jpg
IMG_8851 (resized).jpg
IMG_8850 (resized).jpg
IMG_8849 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

The problems are neither sling fires on switch contact and none of the pop bumpers fire on switch contact.

The pop bumpers and slinshot switches are on the strobe #4 signal wire in the switch matrix (MPU connector J2 pin 5, yellow-red wire), so that might be a place to start.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

quench - I've turned my attention to the Bank Shot red standup target ("Inline Back Target", brown wire in the schematic). It won't register a hit.

With the game started, the target registers/scores if I bypass the diode with a jumper wire.

Bad (open) diode? I haven't pulled it out to test yet. I need to order some diodes anyway.

Yes, if bypassing the switch diode makes the switch work then the diode is very likely open circuit. Test it with your multi-meter in diode mode.
You can borrow a diode from one of the slam switches for the short term till replacements come in.

2 weeks later
#95 3 years ago

Oops

EBD_PlayfieldBoardLamps1.jpgEBD_PlayfieldBoardLamps1.jpg

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

here's the photo I should've posted.

Much better - I was going to say something about that black-wire being pulled tight but looks like you dealt with it
BTW, carefully inspect the soldering on the pin headers on that lamp board. I can't see any issues but the solder joints can fracture/crack from vibration.

2 months later
#114 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

the hump area in it is if a ball gets stuck behind the 8 ball so it can come out.

Agree with @slochar, that cavity in the left plastic is supposed to be there for this reason.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-install-and-restoration-for-eight-ball-deluxe?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.