Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which has the hardest wizard mode (to get to or complete)”

• IM - DOD Mulitball 13 votes
      10%
    • BDK - Gotham City 2 votes
      2%
    • Tommy 3 votes
      2%
    • TSPP - Super Duper Mega Extreme 47 votes
      37%
    • MM - Battle for the kingdom 6 votes
      5%
    • SS - Spider Multiball 6 votes
      5%
    • LOTR - Valinor 38 votes
      30%
    • Final Battle - Shadow 7 votes
      6%
    • Tron - Potral 4 votes
      3%

(126 votes)

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

**I added a poll, unfortunately I can only put in 9 so I had to cut the list down to the most popular. It wasn't easy trimming them down for the poll I must say. All mentioned were good choices.**
    I'm looking to get a list of the most difficult wizard modes to so, I can create ultimate trifecta of pinball wizard modes. In other words, I would like to start another thread from this one that has a poll of who has actually defeated that trifecta and create a goal for the rest of us to follow. We need a consensus of the three most difficult to start.

The difficult ones I can think of are (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these):
    Valinor
    Spider Multiball
    Ruler of the universe
    Super Hero
    Alien Invasion
    Vacation Jackpot
    Battle for the kingdom
    LITZ
    Final Frontier
    The Shadow (can't think of the name of its wizard)

Which am I missing here?

Not having played to all of them I can only speak for Spider Multiball and Valinor as knowingly difficult. I would throw out The Shadow as I have heard that one is difficult.

#2 10 years ago

The hardest one to start in my view is Sperm Attack on FGY . . .

#3 10 years ago

TSPP - Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

TSPP - Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode

LOL, how many wizard modes does that game have?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

LOL, how many wizard modes does that game have?

A few. I would also consider Pretzel Multiball and Springfield Mystery Spot wizard modes. But the SDME Wizard Mode has to be the hardest in all of pinball.

#6 10 years ago

Hardest to start or complete?
    Powerdown is a pretty tough WM to play well.

#7 10 years ago

Hardest to start

#8 10 years ago

Spider multiball took me three years to achieve.

#9 10 years ago

Sentenil prime in TF

#10 10 years ago

Shadow final battle isn't too hard. I've been there several times and beaten it once.
    Rule the universe is also not too hard.
    If alien invasion is the one from tspp, its not a real wizard mode so is take that out.

Hard to beat, I'll go with superhero. The mode is very hard to start but beating it is crazy. It's 6 stages and very difficult to actually beat.

#11 10 years ago

I think Keith Johnson creates the hardest and most complex wizard modes.

TSPP Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode
    FGY Sperm Attack
    LOTR Valinor
    WPT Keefer Invitational

#12 10 years ago

I'd say weigh them somewhere in between hardest to start and finish. I know some are hard to start and others hard to finish.

#13 10 years ago

LITZ is hard, but not TSPP hard.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

LITZ is hard, but not TSPP hard.

LITZ I wouldn't say is hard just because of it's nature. Some machines can be VERY hard to get to LITZ, other machines not hard at all; but in the end it's timed and sinec there's no completion it isn't hard.

IJ Eternal Life is something that can be extremely easy to get to it shot count wise, but much harder just because you have to complete it.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I think Keith Johnson creates the hardest and most complex wizard modes.
    TSPP Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard ModeFGY Sperm AttackLOTR ValinorWPT Keefer Invitational

Thanks for listing the wizard modes with the game names

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm looking to get a list of the most difficult wizard modes to so, I can create ultimate trifecta of pinball wizard modes. In other words, I would like to start another thread from this one that has a poll of who has actually defeated that trifecta and create a goal for the rest of us to follow. We need a consensus of the three most difficult to start.
    The difficult ones I can think of are (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these):ValinorSpider MultiballRuler of the universeSuper HeroAlien InvasionVacation JackpotBattle for the kingdomLITZFinal FrontierThe Shadow (can't think of the name of its wizard)
    Which am I missing here?
    Not having played to all of them I can only speak for Spider Multiball and Valinor as knowingly difficult. I would throw out The Shadow as I have heard that one is difficult.

Can you edit this list to include the game names for the wizard modes?

#17 10 years ago

The updated list with machine names.
    Valinor - LOTR
    Spider Multiball - SS
    Ruler of the universe -AFM
    Super Hero -SM
    Alien Invasion - Simpsons EDIT - Super Duper Mega Extreme
    Vacation Jackpot - White Water
    Battle for the kingdom - MM
    LITZ - TZ
    Final Frontier -STTNG
    Sentenil prime -TF
    Sperm Attack - FYG

#19 10 years ago

I love games with wizard modes, especially since I'm no wizard, it keeps them fresh with a goal to strive for. I just want to get a consensus (if possible) what the most difficult three would be. The wizard mode trifecta.

#20 10 years ago

Tftc crypt jam is hard to get to. Need to start 12 modes.

#21 10 years ago

The wheel of fortune wizard mode...

#22 10 years ago

tooooooooooooomy who has done it? Who has completed it!

#23 10 years ago

I've had my WH20 for about a year now and only got VJ once, come with a shot two other times but only hit it one time. I think for WH20 it really depends on your lost mind kick out, if you can easily control it then I think it would be much easier. With mine though you have to make a shot, not catching/cradling that bad boy when it comes out.

#24 10 years ago

I have still never beat MM

#25 10 years ago

I know it's not really a complex wizard mode, but scoring the 'Special' bonus mode on Black Knight is nearly impossible. You have to get all 4 drop target banks completed, then hit the turnaround, in 30 seconds. All while trying to manually plunge the continuous multiball.

-Hans

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

tooooooooooooomy who has done it? Who has completed it!

I have been trying every other game I play to speed run Tommy - go through every mode and restart another mode right away without playing the current mode. You don't have to complete the 12 mode objectives to get to Pinball Wizard, you just have to start them. Some modes are very easy to drain out of (esp. Silverball and Cousin Kevin) when you get greedy for points. If I get extra ball mode early, I can often get to 10 or 11 modes. Getting through all twelve is dang hard. It hurts a little when the strategy to get wizard mode is totally different than the strategy to get a lot of points.

Still working on getting to that first Pinball Wizard after having the game almost a year. I left Lyman up there as GC at 1B points for a goal. 708M best so far.

#27 10 years ago

I don't think Final Frontier is all that hard to start, especially compared to some of the others on your list.

As of right now, it's probably Dark Phoenix on X-Men. Good luck starting that with the current code!

--Luke

#28 10 years ago

I think The Shadow is hard is hell-I've gotten to the final battle 4 times, but never got close to completing it.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighNoon:

I don't think Final Frontier is all that hard to start, especially compared to some of the others on your list.

I agree especially since I've made it there a handful of times I put it there more as a brain dump.

#30 10 years ago

Blood Multiball Wizard mode for X-files. I don't know if it is possible with those tight ramp shots.

#31 10 years ago

Let's not forget about RBION's "Atlantis" and "frog frenzy"! It is very difficult to get to these wizard modes.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have still never beat MM

And you once owned it.....I haven't ever been close, but only have a small quantity of games played on it

#33 10 years ago

Oh the horror of it all. On a SDTM scoop spitout configuration. Cannot be done.

#34 10 years ago

Pretzel MB is way more difficult to start than AI. But as mentioned, SDMEWM is the real wizard mode, which I can't even imagine getting to..

#35 10 years ago

No one has mentioned Batman Dark Knight? Getting Bruce Wayne and Lucious Fox lit take a ton of shots.

I'd also throw Pinball Magic out there. Making it through all seven magicians three times each, and then hitting that stupid presto-change target a half dozen times to start the final wizard mode seems near impossible to do on three balls.

#36 10 years ago

Trying to thin them down some based on popular mention above.

TSPP - Super Duper Mega Extreme
    Spider Multiball - SS
    Tommy

Not much mention of Valinor and I'm really suprised by that. Maybe I need to stick some of these in a poll.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Trying to thin them down some based on popular mention above.
    Spider Multiball - SS
    Tommy
    Not much mention of Valinor and I'm really suprised by that. Maybe I need to stick some of these in a poll.

Because very few even get to Valinor

#38 10 years ago

Portal - Tron
    Final Battle - The Shadow
    Valinor - Lord of the Rings

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The updated list with machine names.
    Valinor - LOTR
    Spider Multiball - SS
    Ruler of the universe -AFM
    Super Hero -SM
    Alien Invasion - Simpsons EDIT - Super Duper Mega Extreme
    Vacation Jackpot - White Water
    LITZ - TZ
    Final Frontier -STTNG
    Sentenil prime -TF
    Sperm Attack - FYG

In my experience "Power Down" (on JM) is MUCH harder to get to than "Final Frontier" and I own both.

#40 10 years ago

Spider Multiball - SS
    Tommy
    Power Down - JM
    Valinor - LOTR
    Final Battle - Shadow

Adding Poll for the above. Last chance to add any that I may have missed.

#41 10 years ago

IM - Do or Die multiball or whatever it is called is near impossible. I don't know of ANYONE who has legitimately done it.

#42 10 years ago

portal on tron

#43 10 years ago

It's called Gotham City MB on BDK and it's extremely difficult to get. I had the game for about two years. Only time I ever saw it was with the glass off!

Final Frontier quite easy. LITZ not really that hard to get.

PORTAL is not that hard to get from Sea of Simulation. BUT, straight to PORTAL by completing all the modes the first time through has always escaped me, even after close to 1000 games!

Valinor and SDMEWM get my vote.

#44 10 years ago

For all of you that say STTNG has an easy to achieve Wizard mode; How do you have your games set up? Do you try to collect artifacts or do you just start modes and time them out? I always try to get at least 8 artifacts by completing modes to get the 2 billion points and it's literally been months since I last made it to Final Frontier. Achieving Warp Factor 9.9 is no picnic either!

#45 10 years ago

Valinor - I've owned the machine for 6 years, played a few thousand games and not a sniff of Valinor. Either it's real tough to get there or I stink, or maybe it's a combination of the two.

BFTK - MM: Been playing the machine for longer, but at least I can get there. Got 1 shot away from completing it, but no dice.

Valinor gets my vote.

#46 10 years ago

Came close to reaching Final Battle on Shadow a week ago. Only two modes away.

#47 10 years ago

Valinor. It is insanely hard to actually get there. Sure, I can destroy the ring. I'm very close to TABA. I've beaten the Witch King. And I'm not even close to doing all of those in the same game. I haven't beaten FOTR multiball yet. I beat ROTK once, but that felt like luck. Like I said, I'm not even close to doing every one of those in the same game.

#48 10 years ago

Are you asking what is the hardest to get to or the hardest to complete???

#49 10 years ago

Hardest to get to by far is TSPP super duper mega extreme impossible...
    Hardest to complete by far is TSPP alien invasion.

#50 10 years ago

IM - DOD Mulitball
    TSPP - SDMEWM
    LOTR - Valinor
    RBION - Frog Frenzy
    BDK - Gotham City
    FGY - Sperm Multiball

These are all extremely tough to make it to, others like TS, TZ, Wh20, STTNG, MM etc dont even compare

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-wizard-modes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.