11651027_10207646592987007_147933239_n (resized).jpg
DSCN4008.jpg
59_G.sized.jpg
image.jpg
NGG hole in one.jpg
image.jpg
1--rCah7mgFaFLdt3J9Kt_2Q.jpeg
pacSkillShot.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 9 years ago

For everyone talking about the hole-in-one shot on NGG, I just don't get it. It's tough to pull off because the slam ramp is only down for a brief period, but the shot itself is really not that difficult and no matter what happens it's a fairly safe shot. I think hard shots should be necessary and basically insta-drain when you miss. On the three NGG machines I've played, it was definitely doable one or more times in an average game with a success rate somewhere around one in five. Good games 5+ hole-in ones are definitely possible. I'd suggest that if you're having a lot of trouble hitting it just aim to the right of the hole. The whole thing is set up to encourage you to shoot right between the cart and the hole.

Now, making it from the right flipper is another matter. Whoever decided that the right inlane should lower the slam ramp during multiball.... now, that's just sadistic.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I knew a guy that claimed to have done it, furthermore he claims to have done it immediately after clearing the MAGIC targets for special, and he claims that it gave him two credits.

You could always try it with the glass off!

#141 9 years ago

I always felt the Chun Li right-hand ramp was much, much harder than guile. Guile is fairly easy to make on the fly from the left kickout. Chun Li I think I've made... twice? In maybe thirty games? Then you make it and the upper spinning flipper just kicks it back out. I'm sure it depends on the machine.

2 months later
#184 9 years ago
Quoted from mrbill08:

NGG hole in one shot. Getting one in a game is awesome. Getting two is very gratifying. I think the most I ever got was three in one long game. I'd like to see the kid who got seven in one game try to do that again but I bet it was fun when he did.
Bill

Last year at the TPF I finally got to play NGG, prior to that I'd only played the pinball arcade version. The guy in front of me in line asked if I wanted to play a friendly match so we started one, I think I got six or seven hole in ones on the first ball and ended up with 14? or so by ball three. The other guy got maybe four or five? Seven months later I got to play a different NGG in great shape at FUN! and nailed at least 10 on my first and only game, including the 9th hole super jackpot. Had to walk away with ~65 million because the place was closing shop.

I'm willing to believe that how easy it is to make depends on the machine, but once you get it dialed in it seems like it is very much a repeatable shot.

YYMV, but compare the success rate on that shot with something like the Metallica pro snake shot and it's no contest. That snake is something like 1 in 10 on every machine I've played, and that's in a position where you can actually try to hit it more than once at a time. The return on the snake (successful or not) is much, much worse than that from a missed hole-in-one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 45.00
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 18.95
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-shot-in-pinball?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.